PDA

View Full Version : The scene at my back door today

Killearn Kitties
02-22-2004, 04:50 PM
The weather is getting better all the time and the girls are taking a little fresh air of an afternoon. However, at no time did I authorise sleeping in the flower tubs! :eek:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/p46b992b334bbcc1d073f897d6cb4287f/f98bce9b.jpg

guster girl
02-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Your kitties are all so cute! Are they siblings/relatives or just similar breeds? Are they russian blues?

guster girl
02-22-2004, 04:53 PM
I just read your profile (I keep forgetting those are there!), they're mom and sisters? how cute!

Killearn Kitties
02-22-2004, 05:01 PM
The profiles are handy aren't they? Jessica is mummy. She is the "heavy furred" one in the tub. Sam and Daisy are her kittens (although they are eight years old now). We don't know how old Jessica is, or where the poor thing came from.

rg_girlca
02-22-2004, 05:26 PM
What a gorgeous picture of three beautiful cats.
How can you resist Jessica sleeping in the flower tub. She looks like an adorable butterball.

catcrazylady
02-22-2004, 05:26 PM
That is soooo cute!! We have a couple of kitties that like to sleep in our pots on the porch. The pots are way to small for the large kitties and it is so funny to see.
Your girls are gorgeous as always. I'm sure they are glad to be able to finally get some warmer fresh air!!

kimlovescats
02-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Those three girls are so adorable!!! Meowmmy, don't ya know we would NEVER sleep in the flower pots once there are flowers there!!!:eek: :D

catnapper
02-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Such thoughtful kitties to insulate the dirt so that the seeds inside can take root!

PS: I love the bright blue color od your door!

CatDad
02-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Well you may not have authorized it, but did you tell her that she couldn't.;)

Great picture.

bisi.cat
02-23-2004, 01:25 AM
That picture is priceless!!!:D

Don't you know, we're heading towards springtime and maybe Jessica thought it's a good idea to provide the flowerbulbs with some warmth so they might hatch at the right time!!!;) :)

Too cute and it's fun to see them all together in that picture!!!
More pics would be highly welcomed here!!!

Barbara
02-23-2004, 04:58 AM
The question is not what you allowed the cats to do- the question is whether you'll be authorized to plant flowers in the outdoor cat beds:D

catmandu
02-23-2004, 09:09 AM
I just wish that I had the mi=oney to completely isolate my back yard , and make it a Paradise for my Cats , where they could go out , and be safe from the neighborhood! They would love that so much , to be able to play in the sun. Maybe an outdoor exercise pen.

slick
02-23-2004, 09:21 AM
Actually it's a new Cat Grass hybrid. It only sprouts up in the springtime and for a limited time only :D

So cute!!

Vio&Juni
02-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Oh, they're so sweet! I love your grey kitties.

Edwina's Secretary
02-23-2004, 09:38 AM
How wonderful! Green grass and kitties growing everywhere, even in the pots! Perhaps they are planning what to plant where. I know I spend alot of time doing that in February! :D

Felicia's Mom
02-23-2004, 12:43 PM
They look like they are enjoying themselves.

You have green grass already!

Killearn Kitties
02-23-2004, 02:37 PM
Felicia's Mom - I'm sitting here wondering what other colour grass ever is but green and I can only think that yours is still covered in snow? Or is it yellowish from being dried out last year? You must let me know. :)

Only three weeks ago I took this picture because I was so excited that my hellebores were coming up.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/pba19b7dd6fdf9dac0530f1baa873d4a1/f98bce92.jpg

The light is very wintry and you can see a bit of ice in the background. There is a big difference now. We have had lovely sunny days where you can actually feel some heat!

Did you know you were about to become a pillar?

Edwina's Secretary
02-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Grass around here tends to be brownish-green during the winter (emphasis on the brown.) That's why I like it better when it is covered in snow!

It will suddenly become green -- late March or so.

Killearn Kitties
02-23-2004, 04:35 PM
I didn't know that! Thank you for clearing that up for me. In the west of Scotland we have rain all year round, so our grass is always fairly green.

bisi.cat
02-24-2004, 01:03 AM
There indeed exists a grass that is black, it's called "ophiopogon negresence" or "beard of a snake" and it really looks amazing in the garden...unfortunately it's quite expensive and I only have one spot in the garden where it grows, but everyone gasps at it's sight...have you ever seen it?!

Your hellebores looks great, mine won't show up, yet, but our weather is really crazy at the moment and I almost feel like already having April!!!

Are Sam, Daisy and Jessica keen gardeners, too?!;) :)

Killearn Kitties
02-24-2004, 01:30 AM
Yes, I have a tiny little bit of black grass. It's very small, I don't think most people see it. It looked great last year though and I'm sure it will get bigger in time.

Vio&Juni
02-24-2004, 02:33 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we have NO grass at all. This year our winter was a real winter - snow, cold weather. It started raining today, but I am sure, we will still have some cold weather.

I WANT SPRING!!!

Cataholic
02-24-2004, 12:24 PM
How funny to think of green grass year round. Like ES, ours is mostly brown now...a colour it reverts too in August, again, when I decline to water daily. As I look out my office window, there are a few patches of snow, from plowing, mostly blackish grey, sitting on 'grass' the colour of straw, nealry.

My kitties have been nosing their way onto the porch lately. I know they sense the warm weather of spring...though, it is prolly 6 weeks off, at a minimum. I don't plant much before Mother's day here....too iffy.

KK, your kitties are beautiful. I might have asked you this before...but, do they come inside, too? I am just asking, not judging, just asking.

Killearn Kitties
02-24-2004, 03:01 PM
Yes, the cats come inside too. At the moment they are all lying around various sources of heat. Samantha is lying inside a bag in my husband's wardrobe! :eek: Not quite sure why. She has never done that before. He is working away this week and she loves her daddy very much. Perhaps she misses him.

We have a catflap on the back door and the cats have access to the garden. During the winter they spend all their time inside, but when the weather gets a little warmer they like sitting in the garden.

Lixx
02-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Such cute kitties! And beautiful plant specimans!:D

ChrisH
02-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Aww, that is so cute! :)