PDA

View Full Version : News from Tora and Berry

BrigitteMunich
02-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Hi, here I am again, the Mommie of Tora and Berry, Barbara has introduced to you some time ago. Thank you Debbie, Kirsten, Randi and all the other nice people for the warm welcome. Sorry, for not posting so often, the time is running ..... and I am so busy. But I like very much reading your interesting threads.
There are some little stories to tell you what happened in the meantime. During daytime Tora, Berry and me became good friends, but we still have to work for the nights. Up to two or three in the night everything is ok but then Berry thinks that now it's time to play. First soft headbumpies at me,
- no reaction? Then to the next step: jumping on the coverlet, hunting for my toes or whatever he can reach. I always try to calm him down again and try to get him asleep, but usually it ends that I have to get up and make him leave the bedroom. In the meanwhile Tora keeps sleeping honestly in her basket next to my bed. After five minutes when Berry had to go she recognizes that it would be better to stay together with her grandson in the living room. So, I get up again and let her walk out the bedroom, too.
Finally I can go back to bed and try to fall asleep again. Anywhere in between five or six a.m. I hear a soft scratching at the door, that marks the point when the night is over for me, no matter if it's Sunday or a working day. Immediately when we meet again in the morning they start purring as loud as they can, they look at me with their bright blue eyes and their cute faces saying: everything ok? :D Meow, now we are very hungry. After we all have had our breakfast I finally have to leave for the office and the pussy-cats? They're ready for sleeping in my bed again for some hours. And I spend my day tired at my desk and long for my Raggies at home.
By the way, have a look at the pictures showing you my furkids in their home. You can also see the two kitties, Balou and Piri, of my son and his young wife, as well. By the way, they have been often to the United States for vacation and they understand English much better than I do.
Have a nice time with all your pets. Bye.
Brigitte
:)

catmandu
02-22-2004, 12:51 PM
We love the Photos , especially Toa the Himalayan , in her bed. She is a gorgeous Cat , as is Berry . Found Cats remind Tora and Berry abot the Partee Next week! MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWS for Tora and Berry!

BrigitteMunich
02-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Something went wrong with the pictures, I'll try it again.;)

rg_girlca
02-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Awww yes those early morning playtimes. I know them all too well also.
I try to play with them about an hour before bedtime, so I can tire them out. Then I feed them a little bit of wet food, right before bedtime. Most of the time this works, but there are those odd occasions where it doesn't.

It's nice to hear from you again Brigitte and to see your gorgeous Tora all snug in her bed.:)

Edwina's Secretary
02-22-2004, 02:25 PM
It is the Picasso kitty! She is so cute!

Edie thinks 2.30 - 3.00 is a nice time to come in and have a chat with me. He sits at the side of the bed and talks and talks. Of course, Edwina, who sleeps with me, gets annoyed. Sometimes he brings a toy, which I then step on when I get out of bed.

I am not amused!

Randi
02-22-2004, 02:48 PM
It's nice to hear from you again, Brigitte. :) I have much sympathy with you for not being able to sleep at night, but I'm sure Barbara will understand if you come to work tired. ;) Hope your other collegues will too!

When we first got Fister up in our apartment (he was over a year old) I said: "He's not coming up in our bed!!" Since then I learned a few things - he has us both trained so well, you wouldn't believe it. LOL!

He sleeps in our bed most of the day. At night, we let the bedroom door ajar, so he can come and go as he please - much easier that way. ;) When we go to bed, he will come and sleep in between us and then later wonder around a bit and come back again. We hardly notice he's there, I suppose we've got used to it.

What a cute fluffy girl you have! :D

Barbara
02-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Glad you managed to come back!

There is a recipe: spend two or three nights with even less sleep but ignoring the brats completely. They will learn!

I can do that when I'm alone and whenI'm alone for a weekend I really get some quiet time. But when their daddy is back they will concentrate on him and he always gets up:D :D :D

Nawteekats!!!

sirrahbed
02-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Yes! Picasso kitty! That is all I see now:D She is lovely - both are lovely ragdolls. I cannot remember who is who though!!
I have long given up closed doors so kitties come and go at all hours and no place is off limits. I have learned to hold my feet very still and they soon tire of a chance to pounce on them!! Guess I am well trained!! Cats rule at our house and I am no more than a servant, I admit it:D

Good to see you again Brigitte!

Kirsten
02-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Hi Brigitte, nice to see you posting again! :)

Tora and Berry are two very beautiful kitties! :D

I think Barbara gave you some good advice. I also found out it's the best to ignore them during the night. Just pretend you are sleeping, they will finally give up (could take a couple of nights though... ;))

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
02-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Hehehe. I know this scene too well. Our Smantha concentrates on her daddy during the night too, because he always reacts, whereas I don't. I wouldn't even attempt to keep the door closed though.

The photo of your fluffy cat is beautiful. :)

CatDad
02-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Welcome back!!!

That looks like an all to often story with kitties. They want to play in the middle of the night. One of mine sometimes does, but I sleep so soundly that I rarely wake up when disturbed.

Thanks for the picture. More please, if you have them.