PDA

View Full Version : breath mints?

miese Katze
02-21-2004, 11:59 PM
Hello everyone,

I saw Pit'r Pat breath mints for cats in the store today, and was wondering if any of the cats on here have tried them? From time to time a certain cat I know has stinky stinky breath and I have to refuse kisses from the cat. I was curious if these work in freshening the breath?

Thank you

PayItForward
02-22-2004, 05:06 AM
Bad Breath in a cat can be the sign of certain medical problems. :(

I would take any cat which develops bad breath to the vets just in case. Assuming you have not just fed him tuna or other smelly food. :D

Kirsten
02-22-2004, 05:37 AM
Never heard of such a product for cats.

I agree with PIF; if a cat suddenly has bad breath, the vet should take a look. For example bad teeth, inflammated gums or tartar could be the reason.

I'm giving Hill's Oral Care to my cats. They love it and it reduces the tartar on their teeth - and they don't have a stinky breath at all! :)

Kirsten

CatDad
02-22-2004, 05:18 PM
I have not heard of breath mints for cats. I imagine if it is made for them then one or two would not hurt, but I would research it before I started giving it too them regularly.

I agree that if it just started and is not just the result of having just eaten something like tuna like PIF said. Then I would definately talk to the vet. Dental issues can be the result of or turn into something bad. Not all the time, but better safe then sorry.