PDA

View Full Version : Mothers can be so annoying! *rollingeyes*

Kirsten
02-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Told my mother yesterday there might be a break through with Luna's diarrhea problems now, and that there finally was an improvement after an anti-inflammatory shot last Thursday, and her comment was:

"Well, that's one expensive cat!", just as if you bought a second-hand car that you have to bring to the garage all the time. And I was so happy that Luna is finally doing better after so many months!!! :mad:

Kirsten

PayItForward
02-21-2004, 03:55 PM
That kind of response is why I LOVE Pet Talk.

Other people don't understand how we love our Pets :(

catnapper
02-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Maybe that's why her cat is so mean?

Just kidding! :D

Moms can sometimes come out with some doozies of statements... but they really DO mean well! Sometimes.

rosethecopycat
02-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Don't suppose your Mom would like to experience untreated diarrhea for a while.

Would she?

:rolleyes: :confused:

kuhio98
02-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Some people just don't have the attachment to their pets that we do.

One of Halo's nicknames is "Baby Grand". In the little over a year that we've had her, her medical bills have come to over $1,000! We tell her that she's cost us more than Kuhio did in 17 years.

Luckily for Luna, she found you.

CatDad
02-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Well I am happy to hear that Luna seems to be doing better.:D

As for your mom, she is just a mom. She really doesn't understand the attachment you have to Luna.

Like PIF said that is why I love this place. It is a place I can come to talk with people who do understand.:)

Hang in there.:D

smokey the elder
02-22-2004, 07:36 AM
SOME people don't realize that our cats are like kids in fur coats, and that we'll do anything in our power for them.

Years ago when Smokey the Elder was diagnosed with cancer, I told some people at my job what I had to do for her. One person asked (with no malice aforethought, just ignorance) why don't you just have her PTS? I hit her with the line, "I don't believe in disposable pets." She thought about it and apologized for her comment.

Sometimes people can be educated!

halliecat
02-22-2004, 12:09 PM
I wonder if your mom would change her mind if HER cat had the same troubles....

kimlovescats
02-22-2004, 12:11 PM
I know what you mean ..... except my Mom loves kitties as I do, it would be my Dad to say something like that. :rolleyes:

catmandu
02-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Thats the same thing that some people , no longer aquaintances , told me when I spent over a thousand Dollars on John Hancock , when he was so sick , last year , and lost all , but 2 of his teeth. My reward is seeing John Hancock , healthy and happy again , as he is my friend. When Perry Mason was asked once , How far would you go for a friend , he replyed How far is forever! Apt word and we are praying for Luna!Found Cats Salute to Lily and Luna , dont forget the 29th!MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirsten
02-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Well, I think in the first place she's worried because I'm still unemployed and she knows I don't have much money for myself left, but she has to accept that I'm responsible for Luna and of course I will give her all the medical support she needs. My mother knows very well that the cats mean the world to me, but we have very different points of view about the necessity of vet visits. We always have arguments about that!

Kirsten

Barbara
02-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Kirsten I know that you are always on the "better safe than sorry side";) and I think your mom will have to accept that. :cool:

Kirsten
02-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Yes, she has to, because I do what I think is the best for my girls! :)

Kirsten

NoahsMommy
02-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Repeated comments like that have made me like issuing statements purely for 'shock value' to people. I love telling people I have 8 cats. hee hee

People like that have made me grow in a good way. I'm proud of my eight cats and that I have a heart for things like that. People that don't...well, too bad for them. ;)

halliecat
02-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Well Kirsten it is nice to know I have company in the unemployment club! Hopefully we both will have better news soon!

Kirsten
02-23-2004, 03:48 AM
I'm proud of my eight cats and that I have a heart for things like that. People that don't...well, too bad for them.

That's a good way to look at these things! :)

halliecat, I'm sorry you're going through the same. Good luck to you for finding a good new job soon!

Kirsten

catcrazylady
02-23-2004, 05:41 AM
I'm so fortunate because my mother is an animal lover. A a matter of fact that is the ONLY thing my mother and I have in common. I get my grief from coworkers and other family members. I have begun to notice a change in attitude at work. I think because I'm always pushing animal rights. I do what I can to educate but when it comes to family...forget it! Even when they don't tell you Kirsten deep down inside they respect what you do.