PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!! Asap!

luckies4me
02-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Posted with permission.

Please go here:

http://www.lcanimal.org/invest/baird.htm

Help stop this man from taking and abusing more animals! Tons of dogs have already been taken into custody and are being offered for adoption.

"Despite the recent bust at Martin Creek Kennels, C.C. Baird continues to abuse and slaughter the approximately 600 animals that remain in his custody!!! We need your help to put an end to this senseless cruelty! We urge you to contact the United States Secretary of Agriculture, Ann M. Veneman, to demand that she seek an immediate injunction against Martin Creek Kennels to suspend Baird’s Class B license, forcing him to cease and desist his operations."

This man is starving animals to death, shooting them in the head, not treating open wounds, neglecting to feed animals etc. and he must be stopped. Please I urge every one of you to please write the Secretary of Agriculture! Please please please. We cannot let this happen to any more innocent animals. The link contains graphic photos, and if you don't want to look at least write.

Click here to see some of the beautiful animals they seized from this man, who are currently in need of homes. :)

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ac/Arkansas/Page1.html

leslie flenner
02-22-2004, 06:14 PM
What do you think we can do? Just say the word! Phone calls? Is there a reason this guy is not under arrest? Like they say "we have no proof"?
If his license has been yanked then why haven't all of his animals? Surely the state has appealed to other states for help?

luckies4me
02-22-2004, 06:18 PM
They have tons of evidence on him. Pictures, videos and more! Did you go to the link I provided? It tells you what to do.

leslie flenner
02-22-2004, 06:25 PM
yes, right away! but it's photos upon photos (which is good because it makes me motivated and angry) but then the only choices are what to do if you want to confinscate animals or home page. I don't see anything about how to stop this man legally- like what does the city need to get all of his animals away from him, submit him to arrest and psych eval and punishment? Oh, and to stop him from continuing when this is all over.

luckies4me
02-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Go to the first link and it gives you letters to download to send to various people. :)

leslie flenner
02-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Ok thanks! I think it's better to send letters via post- at least that is what I have heard in the past- that politicians/persons of office often do not bother with email letters...

So I will do that and have emailed a friend to do same.
Do you know anything about their investigative forces? There's a form to fill out regarding animal cruelty but I'm not sure how much they can do in reality- do you? (I have known about a bad situation for several years now), MSPCA recently said they do not have the staff to really do much besides warn the person.

luckies4me
02-22-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm having them do an investigation on a local pet store, or chain store, so yes please contact them! They can help!