PDA

View Full Version : Help! For an injured bunny

anna_66
02-21-2004, 10:35 AM
I need some advice.

A bunny got caught in our electric fence (friday morning around 3 am):(

Mark got it out and thought it was going to be ok, but when I got up in the morning it was still sitting in the same place where he left it, so I went out and picked it up and brought it in the house.
I thought for sure it was going to die but unbelievably it is still alive.
Last night I gave it a piece of raw spinich and sometime durning the night it ate it. Also it pooed and peed.
I don't know what happened, but it can't really raise it's head. I don't think it's broke, but I just don't know what to do.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Aspen and Misty
02-21-2004, 10:48 AM
You could always call your vet. Most vets will accept wildlife free of charge. They will nurse them back to health and release them, if possible. I hope you figure out something to do :(

Ash

anna_66
02-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Thanks Ash.

I called the vet, but they don't take wildlife. But they did let me know about a nature center not too far away from here. So we will take him/her there.

I sure hope there is something they can do for it. Wish us luck.

Rottieluver45
02-21-2004, 01:55 PM
I hope he gets better soon! Will you update us later? Please!

lizbud
02-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Anna,

It sounds like the bunny may have some nerve damage from
the electric fence.Probably got a real shock. I do hope the folks
at the nature center can help him/her. Could you let us know
what happens? Best of luck with the bunny. :)

Karen
02-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Poor bunny, poor you! Hope the wildlife folks can help, and that there's no permanent damage.

anna_66
02-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Well, I called today to check on him, but they say he didn't even make it through the night Saturday:(
She said it may have been a spinal cord injury the way his neck was. I'm just glad he's in a better place now.
Thanks everyone for being concerned:)