PDA

View Full Version : Guess who I'm going to see in concert!!!!

lovemyshiba
02-21-2004, 10:29 AM
PRINCE

The concert is in April, and I got the tickets this morning!!!!
It's a greatest hits concert--I'm so excited!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

micki76
02-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Cool! :D

I used to LOVE His Purple Highness!

Is he back to using Prince, or is he still The Artist Formerly Known As Prince with that symbol?

jenfer
02-21-2004, 11:48 AM
I think he is PRINCE again??!!:confused:

ChrisH
02-21-2004, 01:17 PM
That's so great!! :) :)

I saw Prince back in 1987 on the 'Parade' tour, here in the UK, he was absolutely wonderful! :D In fact there is a story in how I got to see him....

The show was to take place in Wembley, London, and as I live up in North Wales, didn't drive, or even own a car, the only way to get tickets was by post at the venue. Sent off in plenty of time but still got the 'sorry, sold out' notice letter back.:( I was sooo unhappy, I loved the guy and wanted to see him so much.

For some crazy reason I got it in my head to write him a letter. In brief, I put in the letter how I loved his music, that I was sorry I wouldn't get to see him, maybe I'd see him next time he was here and wished him all the best. Put it in an envelope addressed to Prince Rogers Nelson at Wembley and forgot about it.

The week before the show I got a phone call from someone, a woman, who said she was one of Prince's aides, that Prince had liked my letter and there would be two tickets waiting for me at the box office........ total shock!!! :eek: Gotta tell you I'm getting so emotional even now, 17 years later!

The time to the show went by in a haze. We got a coach (bus) to London, had a look around the shops ..... forgot to tell you, my son went with me ... got something to eat, sort of, I was too excited to eat much!! Got the tube to Wembley and it was only when we got to the venue itself that I started to worry that something would go wrong, the tickets wouldn't be there sort of stuff. But they were there, upstairs, side of stage, not brilliant but good, and hey, Prince gave them to me!!:D Like I wrote, it was the Parade tour where he had the short hair and yellow suit! Still looked good though and the whole show was .... just fantastic!!!

My son went to see him on his next UK tour too, the Sign of the Times one, in Birmingham, but because of work I couldn't get to go to that one. :( ........... sheesh, gone on a bit haven't I.:o

Anyway, have a great time!!:)

Chris

catnapper
02-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Got an extra ticket for me?

Please?

:D

lovemyshiba
04-19-2004, 08:41 PM
The concert was last night, and it was FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

A couple of guys from work went because they had free tickets. This morning they were saying that they would have paid for them--they were pleasantly surprised!!

I have been to quite a few concerts, but this one ranks way up there at the top!! He is a wonderful entertainer, an incredible guitarist, and full of so much energy. His musicians are great too--an awesome keyboard player, great electric piano player, very talented female bass player, wonderful trombone player, 2 amazing saxaphone players (one male, one female), and in incredible drummer!!!

If anyone is a fan, and he plays in your area--go!! The tickets are a little pricey, but well worth it!!!!

Cincy'sMom
04-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Sounds like fun!!! The first class dance number I did was to "When Doves Cry" It was so much fun!!

trayi52
04-19-2004, 10:02 PM
I love that song, When Doves Cry. I have always loved hearing him. I bet you did have a blast listening to him in person!

Willie:)

RedHedd
04-20-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm going to the Price concert here in San Jose on June 1 - I CAN'T WAIT!

Miss Meow
04-20-2004, 04:44 PM
You will have the best time!

The Prince best of is one of my favourite driving CDs, except when I try to sing Kiss at the traffic lights ... :o

RICHARD
04-21-2004, 11:51 AM
I went to see 'Yes' last night...then Bowie on friday...

Lol,

I also saw Jack Black in the audience..That dude is short.

lovemyshiba
04-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
I'm going to the Price concert here in San Jose on June 1 - I CAN'T WAIT!

You will not be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know what you think of it!!

dukedogsmom
04-21-2004, 02:17 PM
You are so lucky! He's going to be here on the 26th but I have to work and really don't have the money. I did get to see Jerry Seinfeld last year and that was great! Had I not obeyed the rules and brought my camera like a jerk next to me :mad: I could have gotten some great pics. I was in the orchestra pit and he was about 10 feet away from me. Instead, I bought an autographed pic of him on Ebay. Still need to get the ticket stub and the pic matted and framed.
Oh, I forgot to add that I played the Purple Rain tape to death until my Celica ate it :p

Uabassoon
04-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Have lots of fun! I love Prince!

KYS
04-21-2004, 09:34 PM
You lucky puppy!

I would love to see Prince.
Have a great time and fill us in.