PDA

View Full Version : You guys should REALLY check out this website!

jenluckenbach
02-21-2004, 06:01 AM
OK, I am advertising without actual permission......hee hee.......but PayItForward has a REALLY nice website going and it even has a forum.
So what are you waiting for???

GO LOOK AT IT!

PIFTails (http://piftails.com/index.html)

PayItForward
02-21-2004, 12:01 PM
*Blush* Thanks Jen.

But I didn't think we were allowed to advertise our website in posts ?

jenluckenbach
02-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Well,
1) YOU didn't

and

2) I suppose it SHOULD have gone in marketplace, but it is SO cat related.

guster girl
02-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Would this post be considered self promotion or advertising? I don't know, to me it seems like a site to check out, which everyone does in the other forums. I just went and read the marketplace intro, and, I don't see any problem in posting your site here. But, I'm not a moderator! :) I'm just curious, for my own knowledge, if this WOULD be considered advertising. Regardless, though, I did see the site and I like what you had to say about the "free to good home" ads. It's sad that that is even an issue. :(

catnapper
02-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Awww, its is not advertisising since Jen brought it up! I think its a great site! Now I might have two sites to be addicted to.... that is once I get around to signing up:D

PayItForward
02-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
Regardless, though, I did see the site and I like what you had to say about the "free to good home" ads. It's sad that that is even an issue. :(
I know....I took my poster to three petshops in my area today.

One Pets at Home big store, run by 15 year olds. They were horrified at the free ad information and agreed to place my poster. But I had to reassure them that I was not selling anything on my website that they sell ?!? Store policies

My favorite local store and a tiny shop at that. Not only stocked the dog nappies I was looking for my workmates dog, I have not branched to cannines....yet but happily placed my poster.

The third petshop was another local shop and I saw a washable bed which I bought for my workmates dog. I was chatting with the owner and she said she would post my poster because last summer she had several people try to place free ads and she would refuse as she knew it was wrong, bless that lady.

CatDad
02-21-2004, 07:40 PM
I like it, you should go and visit.:D

Jen I would not worry about this being in a general.

jenluckenbach
03-09-2004, 06:12 PM
:D BUMP :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-10-2004, 04:38 AM
I'm glad you bumped this Jen, or I may not have seen it!

PIF (Jen and Steve) GREAT web site!

catcrazylady
03-10-2004, 06:07 AM
It is a really great website!! I went to the forum and I couldn't see any of the pictures but other than that I think it is wonderful!!

jenluckenbach
03-10-2004, 06:10 AM
Did you guys join?

Posting pictures there is still a bit of a problem, but Steve has added an uploader which will allow all members to get pictures posted to that site. (wasn't that great?)

catmandu
03-10-2004, 09:21 AM
Thanks Jen!

jenluckenbach
03-22-2004, 05:04 PM
BUMP
You CAN sign up, you know ;)

catnapper
03-22-2004, 07:07 PM
And if you do, its real easy to become a Top 25 poster! ;)

Cincy'sMom
03-22-2004, 07:28 PM
The site looks great!! Lots of good information!

slick
03-22-2004, 11:19 PM
I just tried to sign up and filled in all the information but kept getting a message that some fields were missing :confused:

IttyBittyKitty
03-23-2004, 04:10 AM
I love the little profiles you have for each of your kitties....

PayItForward
03-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by slick
I just tried to sign up and filled in all the information but kept getting a message that some fields were missing :confused:
I have having some problems with the sql database the forum runs from yesterday but everything is back up again.

I would love you to try again, please.

PayItForward
03-26-2004, 11:31 AM
I am sorry for those you joined the PIF Tails website.

But Steve accidently killed the last one whilst doing an suggested upgrade, needed to correct the problems we were having with the old software. (It wiped our old posts and logins)

So if you visit everyone needs to re-register.