PDA

View Full Version : Bittersweet News....

Tonya
02-20-2004, 08:10 PM
I wanted to title this thread "Damn!" but I know that's not appropriate. Splice went home to her Meowmie. Her name was Merle and she was 5 months old. She'd been missing since Friday the 13th. They lived several miles away from where I found Merle, but her husband owns a construction company. We're assuming that she hitched a ride with one of his employees.

The woman was in hysterics when she found her because apparently she got her at 4 weeks old and they're very attached. She said that Merle is half Himalayan and half siamese. Some evil woman told her that she was going to the pound that young, so she took her in.

Apparently she has two sons that will be very delighted. She insisted that they come back this weekend with her sons to thank us and give us a reward.

Well, Merle (Splice in my heart forever) turned out to be one rich broad. Her Meowmie was driving a brand new Hummer and had huge diamonds on her hands.

With all the info and description that she provided, I'm still skeptical. The cat wasn't excited to see her. I'm probably just being a brat because I wanted her. I feel like it wasn't her cat. But she did describe her pretty accurately over the phone.

I know I should be happy, but I'm really bummed. I don't know how you all do animal rescue. I only had her for two days and I'm crying.

catnapper
02-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Damn would have been a completely appropriate title! Sorry to hear that splice already had a home. I hope that Splice always remembers the few days she lived with you!

CatDad
02-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Oh Tonya, I am so sorry. I know that you really liked Splice.:(

It looked like she was fitting in so well too. I don't think that time really matters, I think that little Splice had you from hour one.

Big {{{{HUGS}}}}} to you.

Felicia's Mom
02-20-2004, 08:58 PM
I am sorry about that. You were so excited to have Splice. On the other hand, think how happy you would be if you found a lost cat (or any pet).

jazzcat
02-20-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm so sorry. I could tell you were already attached to her.

Try to look on the bright side, you probably saved her life. No telling what might have happened if you hadn't took her in. You get gold stars for that!

Maybe a trip to the local shelter could remedy your blues?:D

amoore
02-20-2004, 10:09 PM
I am so sorry Tonya! I know you loved that little kitty already! :(

rg_girlca
02-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Oh Tonya, I'm so sorry for your heartache. I hope this brings a little comfort to you, but just imagine how happy you would be if someone found your lost cat.
I know you're going to miss him Tonya and I truly feel for you.
Take care and (((((HUGS)))))

Miss Meow
02-21-2004, 12:59 AM
I'm sorry, Tonya. {{{hugs}}}

It's strange that word didn't get back to the woman that a "stray" cat was hanging around the area, especially if her husband is in construction. Hmmm, anyway, I hope it's all legit and kitty cat is being loved.

I'm pining over an orange and white kitten that was in the pet shop last week. Shane even went back and asked how much he'd cost ... I was evil and said no way, we can't get another cat. He was gone by the time I put some money in the Visa account to go back and get him :(

Kfamr
02-21-2004, 01:53 AM
Awwww, it's too bad you couldn't keep her as yours, but it's a good thing that she's home now.

Twink
02-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry! It doesn't take long to get attached, and Splice is obviously a special cat. My Rizzo was a stray, and I know I would have been heartbroken if his original family had showed up to claim him.

I'm glad Splice's people are happy to get her back, though. That's a good sign, isn't it? I'm sure she's being loved.

catmandu
02-21-2004, 09:25 AM
That is too bad as your Cat , and Slice were hiitting it off. But there are other Cats , just looking for a home! Please give them a Chance!

Killearn Kitties
02-21-2004, 09:35 AM
I'm really sorry for you that you didn't get to keep Splice. :( You must be very upset, but you did the right thing in trying to find her family. Imagine how you would feel if one of your cats disappeared.

I'm sorry too that we won't see her again. We'll just have to make do with the pictures you posted of her already. :)