View Full Version : Guess what I have to wear now...:(

bluekat
02-20-2004, 07:10 PM
I just got back from the dentist....and they gave me a headgear to wear:(:(:( I hate it so much. But the good news is that I'm only wearing it when I go to sleep and when I'm at home. At least 14 hours a day I have to have it on. I hate wearing it...it hurts kind of...it puts a lot of pressure on the top back teeth. They said I'm going to have it for at least 4 months:(
Also, when I go to sleep at night now...I can only sleep on my back, I can't go on my sides:(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Aww... bummer Tiff! Headgear isn't any fun, but on the bright side, you don't have to wear it at school! :) SMILE! It's okay!

amoore
02-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Our son had to wear those for awhile. He wasn't happy about sleeping on his back at either.

He was very happy when he didn't have to wear them anymore.

CathyBogart
02-20-2004, 09:34 PM
They don't hurt so much after a few days, no worries. :) Sleeping on your back is a pain though. :-/

K9soul
02-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Awww, I'm sorry you have to wear that :(. I imagine it would really be hard to have to have to stay sleeping on your back. I always sleep on my stomach, that'd be very hard for me!

amoore
02-21-2004, 12:06 PM
I know I couldn't sleep on my back! I have to curl up like a baby. LOL!

Dogz
02-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Awwww, I am sorry!

My cousin had to wear head gear when she went to sleep too. Now she doesn't have to wear it anymore.

You'll get through it!:)

EssTer
02-21-2004, 02:28 PM
awww... Iīm really sorry you must wear it :( Iknow sleeping on back os hard... I couldnīt fall a sleep on back... :( I really hope, you need to wear it just for a litle while... not ling time...

Tonya
02-21-2004, 02:52 PM
I had braces, and I remember what a pain all those contraptions were. But it is worth it! You'll have beautiful teeth when it is all over. And like others said, look on the bright side...at least you aren't wearing them to school.

bluekat
02-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Thanks for making me feel a little better about this:) Right now I'm wearing them, and they're so uncomfortable! I will get used to them soon...but I only hate wearing them to sleep. I'll have to start wearing them to bed tomorrow night:(
But...I guess it will be worth it.:p

micki76
02-21-2004, 08:30 PM
I wore braces, but not headgear. What is it for?

bluekat
02-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Well, I have to wear them because I have an overbite. Its to keep my top teeth from moving forwards and to let my bottom teeth(or jaw I guess) to move up to where the top teeth are now.
But there are other uses I think...for other people. Mine only goes on the top teeth.