PDA

View Full Version : Lock, the Bengal

guster girl
02-20-2004, 11:57 AM
I've been posting here at pet talk for a bit now. I've posted about Lock, who's seven months old now, in cat breeds. I also just got a lab puppy, who's photos are in dog general. I just thought these photos were funny, and, wanted to share. I apologize for this all the time, and, if someone wants to help me out here, please do! BUt, for now, I'll just post the photos one message at a time! This is Finn and Lock close to eachother (we've had Finn only a few days, so, Lock is still getting used to him).

guster girl
02-20-2004, 11:57 AM
And, here's the cat in the bag. :)

guster girl
02-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Close up of Lock snooping around in my bag! It was bowl I had used earlier that day for mac & cheese! :) There was residue, apparently.

EssTer
02-20-2004, 11:59 AM
awwww ;) how cute ;) last one is adorable ;)

guster girl
02-20-2004, 12:07 PM
He cracks me up constantly! I couldn't believe, even with me getting that close to him with the camera, and, the flash going off and the sound of the camera, that he still kept digging around. Never even looked up. He's still just a baby, though, but, I hope he never grows out of that curiousity. It's one of my favorite qualities about cats!

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 12:09 PM
So he's a snow Bengal then? Beautiful! I do Bengal rescue, and have two Bengals myself. :) Plus, the pups cute too! :D

guster girl
02-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
So he's a snow Bengal then? Beautiful! I do Bengal rescue, and have two Bengals myself. :) Plus, the pups cute too! :D

Thanks for rescuing! :) Yeah, they actually call his color sepia spotted tabby or something like that. I like the bright orange (rufus, I think), as well. Have you seen the bengal from September 18th's cat of the day? Her name is Nix. I remember when I first came to this site, I went through a lot of the previous pets, dogs, cats...and, I couldn't believe the color on Nix. Lock is very elegant looking. He looks even more exotic (and BIG) to me now that we have a new addition. :) There are more photos of the puppy in dog general. He's a sweetie, too.

kimlovescats
02-20-2004, 01:43 PM
What adorable pics... hope to see more soon!:)

Barbara
02-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Welcome Lock :)

Around here, inspecting bags is Filou's job! He's very thorough in that -but it looks as if you do it very well too.:D

Felicia's Mom
02-20-2004, 02:45 PM
He is beautiful. Hope to see more pictures of him.

Desert Arabian
02-20-2004, 03:53 PM
YELLOW LABBIE!! http://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/thud.gifhttp://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/thud.gif http://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/thud.gif *DIES* ADORABLE!! AHHHH!!! MORE!! MORE PICTURES!!

*Laura gets dog carrier ready and books flight to Texas...*

Adorable kitty too, gorgeous colors and markings!! :eek:

MORE PICTURES....:D *please!*

guster girl
02-20-2004, 04:22 PM
YOu can see more photos of Finn in Dog General! :) He's eight weeks old!

ChrisH
02-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Adorable!!:)

catmandu
02-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Those are such wondeful pictures of Lock , and Finn,and its so touching that they are getting along , so well. Found Cats Salute! MMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

guster girl
02-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
Those are such wondeful pictures of Lock , and Finn,and its so touching that they are getting along , so well.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm pleased as punch that they like eachother. I do worry about Finn getting bigger and not going easy on Lock, but, hopefully, by the time that's a problem, he will have learned to be gentle. He'll lose his little play pal (cuz Lock will spend all of his time up high on the furniture!) if he's not nice with him. I'll let you know, but, so far, so good.....

amoore
02-21-2004, 02:09 PM
I love your Bengal! I would love to own one someday!

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Tonya
02-21-2004, 02:40 PM
What a pretty kitty!

guster girl
02-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by amoore
I love your Bengal! I would love to own one someday!

Lock is an awesome cat, but, man, he is so loud. It's the only complaint I really have about the breed. And, I mean, it's not a normal meow, it's more of a yell. Sometimes he makes me laugh. But, usually I just want to sock him. I'd never physcially discipline any of my pets, so, no worries there, but, he could drive me nuts if I didn't have a good sense of humor. But, he is fabulously attentive, he goes right up to strangers and loves on them immediately, jumps about six feet in the air for toys, runs down the stairs to greet you, etc....he's really a cool cat. :)

CatDad
02-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Lock is such a cutie pie. The little puppy is adorable also.:D

It is nice to see them getting along I hope that continues.:)

We need more pictures of those two.:)

guster girl
02-21-2004, 08:05 PM
I will get more photos of them as soon as I can! I may have some photo ops tonight, because my niece and possibly a friend of mine are going to come over tonight and I can get some photos without having Finn (the lab) get in my face! :) Thanks for the compliments, though. I love my little pals.

amoore
02-21-2004, 11:21 PM
I would love a kitty like that! I like a cat that is vocal. I like akitty to talk to me. Sunny gets vocal at times, I like it when he does.

I would love to see more pictures when you get more of them. I print them out for my bengle folder, I have. My wish folder.:)

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures and info.:)

guster girl
02-22-2004, 01:49 AM
Here's a couple more photos of Lock! Just chillin'.

guster girl
02-22-2004, 01:49 AM
still just chillin'.....

guster girl
02-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Here's Lock and Finn!

amoore
02-22-2004, 10:29 AM
That did it! I'm in love with Lock! You are so lucky! I love the picture where Lock is taking a little nappy!

Thank you for sharing your picture of beautiful Lock!

Of course Amoore would ask for more! :D

guster girl
02-22-2004, 10:35 AM
I don't mind at all! I have a lot of older ones (well, a few months older, he's only seven months old) that I can post. :) Have you ever looked on catoftheday.com in the "previous cats" section? You should, if you haven't. There's a gorgeous Bengal girl named Nix on September 18 (my birthday!). She's one of the other colors, I think it's called rufus. But, she looks like a leopard, for real!

amoore
02-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Guster Girl, I will go look! Thanks for the tip! :)

I think it was sometime in Oct. I joined so I missed that one. I'm still kind of green finding my way around on here.:)

Mkitty
02-22-2004, 10:48 AM
:) I was just wondrin' how ya put pictures on ure posts and threads. Can ya help me?

guster girl
02-22-2004, 10:58 AM
As far as posting photos, all I know how to do is "browse" through the pics on my computer and choose one. I don't know how to do it where the photo just shows up, I just know how to do the link. :)

Mkitty
02-22-2004, 11:14 AM
THANKS!! I'm not sure we have any pictures of our cats right now, but I'll check and ask someone. Do ya wanna be buddies? :D

guster girl
02-22-2004, 12:22 PM
I'm pretty new here, too, so, I'm not sure about the buddy thing, what's that all about? But, yeah, I'm all for new pals. ;)

rg_girlca
02-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Oh gosh your Lock is absolutely beautiful. I just love her markings and coloring. As for Finn, he is soooooo adorable.

Amoore, you say you would love a cat that is vocal. Believe me when I say this, but if you had to hear the loud meows on a daily basis, 24/7 and late at night, you wouldn't love it so much. My Katie is so vocal that it drives me nuts sometimes and I have to tell her to shut-up, especially at night when we are all in bed.
Be happy that Sunny only does it sometimes.
Don't get me wrong, I love a cat that is vocal also, but not 24/7.

amoore
02-22-2004, 02:15 PM
I am not sure myself what the buddy thing is about. I think it might be if you close down your Private messages, that your buddies is all that can PM you. I am not sure about that. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

amoore
02-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Oh gosh your Lock is absolutely beautiful. I just love her markings and coloring. As for Finn, he is soooooo adorable.

Amoore, you say you would love a cat that is vocal. Believe me when I say this, but if you had to hear the loud meows on a daily basis, 24/7 and late at night, you wouldn't love it so much. My Katie is so vocal that it drives me nuts sometimes and I have to tell her to shut-up, especially at night when we are all in bed.
Be happy that Sunny only does it sometimes.
Don't get me wrong, I love a cat that is vocal also, but not 24/7.

I am a person that leaves TV's running just to not feel alone. I'm weird! :D

guster girl
02-22-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey, you are not weird, I always have music and/or television on. But, the post before that is so right on. Lock is the LOUDEST cat I've ever known. He's so demanding, and, his meow is not pleasant when he isn't getting something he wants. Talking is awesome, don't get me wrong, I have whole conversations with him. ;) He does have a beautiful voice when he has a full belly. But, when he wants attention or food or just to be a jack*ss, he no longer talks. He HOLLERS. It's not like a cat in heat, but, it's pretty darn close. I've been napping on the couch and he will literally get straight in my face, where I can feel his breath, and, scream at me. I swear, it even looks like his brow furrows. It makes me laugh sometimes, but, not always. :)

guster girl
02-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca

thank you! I love his coloring, too, he's so unique. But, I keep telling everyone here to check out the catoftheday for September 18 (my birthday). Just a different color bengal, but, her rosettes are even more leopard like than lock's. Check her out! And, yeah, finn is so cute, it hurts! :)

Mkitty
02-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Well, there is a button that says buddy above each thread or reply, and you push that, and the person who wrote the thread is put into ure buddy list. I just added ure name. :D ;)

guster girl
02-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Gotcha, buddy. ;)

Mkitty
02-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Great! Are you buddies with gotalonglildoggie?:confused: I am. You, me, and gotalonglildoggie could be buddie partners online. I also have a friend, Shamy3, who is new. We could add her too! Wadaya say?

guster girl
02-22-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm not, but, I can be. :)

ScantyNebula
02-22-2004, 03:34 PM
WOW! Lock does look at lot like my Lily!! Lock's spots are more defined than Lily's and he looks much bigger too! What a beautiful cat, and wonderful pictures! :D

guster girl
02-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Hey, thanks for taking a peek at my Lock! It really was crazy when I saw Lily's face. Their bodies are considerably different, but, the faces are very similar. ;) Yeah, Lock's a big boy, and, he's only seven and half months old. He was born on Independence Day.

rg_girlca
02-22-2004, 03:57 PM
http://catoftheday.com/archive/2003/September/18.jpg

Yes I remember Nix, he is one beautiful cat. I just love the Bengal breed.

guster girl
02-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Just the way her spots go all the way down her legs. She's incredible. Lock's legs are striped... but, he's still purty. ;) He's more like a snow leopard.

amoore
02-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Ok .....Which one of you are tired of your kitties racket? :D I am ready to take it off your hands!!!!:D

They are all so purdy!! :D

Mkitty, You sound like a sweet friendly girl. Welcome to Pet talk!

:)

Mkitty
02-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Sorry i took so long. Thats great. My friend Shamy 3 might be on tomorrow or tonight. I'll try and keep ya posted.:D

Killearn Kitties
02-23-2004, 04:15 AM
Lock is gorgeous! The Bengal breed is beautiful isn't it? As far as I know they are particularly known for being large, vocal and inquisitive. Sounds about right with your Lock. :D

catcrazylady
02-23-2004, 05:47 AM
Wow I have been out of touch for too long! Hi everybody!! I have to tell you that I'm in love with Lock!!!!! I see a PT fight coming on because everybody wants that beautiful kitty!
Welcome aboard everybody it's nice to meet you and all your adorable babies!!!:D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Vio&Juni
02-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Lock is gorgeous!

Juni only inspects my purse if I have cash in it (*material girl*)

guster girl
02-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Yeah, Lock will be eight months old on the fourth of March, and, he weighs about ten pounds right now. He is really vocal, but, I love him! He doesn't like water like a lot of Bengals, though! And, no fighting, please. I'll just post photos all the time if you want to see him. ;)