PDA

View Full Version : I am so nervous/excited....possible puppy VERY soon, today! Please read!!!

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 11:51 AM
I just got a frantic call from a women here in Eugene. This has got to be the strangest rescue call I have every recieved. I will not go into naming names, but a purebred I believe German Shorthair Pointer pup will be coming to live with us later on today. Here's the deal..........and please don't think I am bad for doing this, please!!!

This pup was stolen from a local petshop in which is HORRIBLE, and I know first hand as I used to work there. A local man stole this $500 purebred AKC pup from the shop in town. Then, of course like most people he got tired of it and dropped the pup off with his neighbor, so he pretty much abandoned the dog. He actually left the puppy, about two months old on the doorstep in their backyard with no shelter or anything. The lady has had the pup for a good 2 weeks or so. She is unable to care for the dog, which is where I come in. Since my main focus while working as a trainer at Crossroads was basic obedience/agression, and puppy training I felt I could be an asset to help this pup. Even though his stay here might not be permanent, I thought I would give everyone a head up about a possible future addition. This was not planned, but aren't the most lovable pets always not planned? ;)

So the lady wanted to drop this puppy off at the petshop again, and I did not want her to get in trouble with this....I will be talking to someone about this later on today, and if we have to pay for the pup ourselves than so be it. But at this time, it's not what the puppy needs, and he needs a stable home environment and needs to be trained as soon as possible. I am just waiting for some more information from the current owner as she still has no clue as to his exact breed, but pointer is what we are thinking. So I am waiting for a picture, and then I will call her back. As soon as I get the pic I will post it.

Isn't this strange? If you knew this petshop you would strongly object to the pup going back there, and it isn't fair to him. He already has had so much to deal with, and does NOT need to go there. I worked there and experienced first hand the horrors of this workplace and the way their animals are treated. So I hope this does not make me into a theif, or stealer or anything but trust me, my heart is in the right place and I promise to do right by this. I just kinda wanted to vent as this is a little overwhelming for me right now, and I need well wishes!!!

I didn't expect our new dog to come to us in this way, but what can I say? He's just a tiny pup, barely weaned!!! He's only 2 months old and has been in the petshop sometime before that.......can you imagine the cruelty he must have experienced? :(

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 12:05 PM
ok, well he's not a GSPointer, but he does look like some type of pup lol. Any ideas? Here's his pic!!! :D

Remember, this is the first pic you will see of my doggie!

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 12:38 PM
He'll be here at 1:00 this afternoon!!!!! Stay tuned for tons of cute puppy pics!!! :D :D :D

EssTer
02-20-2004, 12:53 PM
aww, he´s so cute ;) looks like black lab or black lab mix for me :rolleyes: I hope pics will be soon ;)

I´m glad he´ll have new homes now ;)

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 12:56 PM
I too think he has lab in him. His face is wrinkly, can you see his adorable wrinkles? :D

Karen
02-20-2004, 01:03 PM
So cute! How could anyone abandon or mistreat that face! Those eyes!!!! Too soon to tell what breed(s) he is, just Li'l Black Pup for now!

shais_mom
02-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Good Luck! Keep us posted!!

micki76
02-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Yay!! Oh, Cass!! This is wonderful! I would only be mad at you if you let the shop have him back, silly! :D

What a cutie! Let's see it's 1:30 here, so it's 11:30 there? An hour and a half, right? :D

PJ's Mom
02-20-2004, 01:43 PM
We would like pictures, please. Lots and lots of pictures. :D

dukedogsmom
02-20-2004, 02:12 PM
I don't think I'd want to give it back, either. However, here you can be arrested for purchasing/being in possession of stolen property even if you didn't know it was stolen. So, just be careful! And yes, we do want lots of pics! I thought it sort of looked like a Lab but I didn't notice the wrinkles.

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Well it's 8 to 1:00 and I am trying to be patient lol. I actually went and got some toys for him, and some Old Mother Hubbard doggie treats! :D

However, I am still in awe over this story and am not sure whether to believe it or not. :confused: But I guess I will know more in just a few minutes. Dan's not home, and when he gets home I will have a very surprised man on my hands! :D

The lady said the guy who stole him said he had a breed in him that starts with a P. So she thought pointer, maybe Pom, or poodle? I am trying to think of all the breeds that start with P. :p

DogLover9501
02-20-2004, 02:54 PM
:D Congrats on the new puppie!!! He is adorable!

Here are some P breeds!

Pembroke Welsh Corgi

Pit Bull

Pointer

Polish Hound (photo needed)

Pomeranian

Poodle

Portuguese Water Dog

Posavina Hound

tatsxxx11
02-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Definitely looks like a Lab to me:) Whatever he is, he's adorable! I wish you all the best Cass! I do worry though that you might get into trouble...geesh, possessing stolen goods!:eek: Still, I wouldn't return him to the pet shop either. Ugh! What a dilemma! Please check in when you can...with pics:)!

DogLover9501
02-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Definitely looks like a Lab to me

I thought so too, but not after I read that it has wrinkles on its face, My black lab puppy looked alot different than that, but you never know, it could be a lab!

ChiRen
02-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Whatever his breed may be, he is such a cutie!!! :)

tatsxxx11
02-20-2004, 04:34 PM
My Lab puppy had such a wrinkly face I thought she was masquerading as a Shar Pei :D

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 04:40 PM
He's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I am resizing pics as we speak. His old owner was um, interesting lol. You'll see what I mean when I post the pic I took of her. She wanted me to take a pic of them together so she could have one. :)

I found out a lot more to this story too. The man went to jail and left the dog with her. She was going to set him lose on the freeway or someone was....

Right now he's asleep in the cat bed, which he has now claimed as his own. Houdini could care less about him, Cheetah ran away lol, and Ewoks just kinda curious. So if anyone has any tips on how to get them used to eachother I would really appreciate it!:eek: Oh my, he's snoring!!!!:D

He's diffinately Lab, chocolate lab. He *may* have something else in him, probably pit bull, but he's a nice looking chocolate color, and very beautiful. He was sad for awhile but now seems to be doing OK. The lady gave me all his things, like toys and food. It's Puppy Chow so I am going to go buy a different bag once Dan gets home. She also gave me 50 dollars to help towards the cost of vet bills, which was totally unexpected but nice. :)

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 04:44 PM
OMG, I can't believe I have a puppy. It's been SO long since I have had a puppy! I am so giddy and paranoid at the same time lol. Here is a pic of him and his old owner Jane. :)

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 04:47 PM
This pic is so funny LOL! Look at his teeth! :D The stuffed toy is the little monkey I gave him. :)

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Here he is looking regal. :p

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 04:53 PM
How old do you suppose he is? Three of four months? Well I know he has his first set of vaccinations, so I need to get an appointment for his second shots too.

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 04:56 PM
He he, he fits perfectly in this cat bed. I will need to go get his own tonight, as well as a crate!

Isn't he CUTE!!!!!!!!?:D

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 04:58 PM
This pic is more of his color. He looks black in the other pics, but he's not. I love his color.

My Peanuts
02-20-2004, 05:00 PM
HE IS SO CUTE! Congrats!

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 05:02 PM
He's so darn cute! I also need advice on mouthing please.

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Thanks My Peanuts!

Look at his ear, lol. It always does that.

K9soul
02-20-2004, 05:07 PM
He's just a beautiful adorable puppy! He looks like he could have pointer in him as well as lab but he definitely looks at least part labby. Hard to tell how old he is just from the pictures. Is he that chocolate color all over, or is he kind of a black with a chocolate pattern beneath it? If you can see any pattern at all I'm betting he could very well have pointer in him.

Anyway it'll probably get more clear as he gets older. Does he have a name yet?

He sure is adorable :D

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 05:08 PM
This is one of my favorites. I hope you all liked the pic and I will take some later on after I charge my batteries. I am going to take him to Petsmart tonight to go shopping. :)

Oh and I need a name! :D

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
He's just a beautiful adorable puppy! He looks like he could have pointer in him as well as lab but he definitely looks at least part labby. Hard to tell how old he is just from the pictures. Is he that chocolate color all over, or is he kind of a black with a chocolate pattern beneath it? If you can see any pattern at all I'm betting he could very well have pointer in him.

Anyway it'll probably get more clear as he gets older. Does he have a name yet?

He sure is adorable :D

OMG You just described him perfectly! In fact, his feet are lighter than the rest of his body too. So far he doesn't have a name. Any suggestions? ;)

K9soul
02-20-2004, 05:14 PM
I'll have to brainstorm a bit and get back to ya! :D

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Hrmm, he sorta looks like a chihuahua or dachsund when he lays a certain way..........:eek:

dukedogsmom
02-20-2004, 05:28 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?postid=630941
he is so adorable!! He looks like an opposite of Nala. This one really reminded me of her. Can't think of any names right now other than the usual ones. Hershey, etc. How about Teddy? Most teddy bears are brown. Or Cubby? Or another Lion King character to honor Nala?

K9soul
02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Ok, a few brainstorm ideas. Some with meaning and others I just kind of like the sound of.

Bandit, Leo, Raven, Spencer

This one is kinda neat: Loki, in mythology the Norse God of Mischief :p

Argo is the name of a ship in greek mythology, just sounds kinda neat.

Triton, name of a satellite of Neptune :p

Those are a few.. I'll brainstorm a bit more :)

K9soul
02-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Ok just a few more. These are just names I personally like or think fit, I'm not too sure what your personal naming tastes are ;)

Buck, Boomer, Onyx (coloring reminds me of).

This one I like, Kuma, which is Japanese for bear :)

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 05:41 PM
I really like Kuma, especially because it's Japanese. ;)

So far he's doing really well with Dylan.

delidog
02-20-2004, 06:26 PM
He is Gorgeous!!!!
I think I know what breed he is....begins wit a "P"????

PUPPY!!!!!!!!

Enjoy all that Puppy Breath!!!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
02-20-2004, 07:00 PM
I think he might be a cross with a Pointer and a Lab. But he does have Lab in him though. Let us know what you got him!;)

Tonya
02-20-2004, 08:30 PM
He is a cutie! As most of you know, I've taken a few dogs in my lifetime. I don't like to think of it as stealing. If a person can't treat an animal right, it shouldn't belong to them. I hate thiefs, but I hate the animal abusers much much more. When it comes to mistreating animals, gloves are off. Good for you, saving the puppy!

lute
02-20-2004, 09:14 PM
CONGRATS! he is very cute! i agree that he is pointer/lab.

Dogz
02-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Congratulations!!:D I am so happy for you!

What an adorable puppy! You took great pictures!

I think he is Lab/Pointer.:)

Hmmmm, names...

I like Val's idea, names from the Lion King, lol.:p

I like the name Banjo.;)

guster girl
02-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Good names are sometimes relevant to the situation, like maybe lucky or something like that. and, brainstorm and think of other things like that. My cat, Lock, almost got named Rocket, cuz he was born on Independence Day. :) My puppy was born on Christmas Eve! Holiday pets! Let us know when you decide what to name the puppy. He's very cute.

CathyBogart
02-20-2004, 10:18 PM
He's adorable!!! (He's got some toothpaste, a toothbrush, and some cookies on the way! They should arrive Tuesday!)

amoore
02-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Cass, It is such a cute puppy! You have got to keep it! Dylan needs a little puppy. Kuma is a great name! How does Dylan like the puppy? :)

CamCamPup33
02-20-2004, 10:47 PM
He is SO cute! :D Congratulations!

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Well it's really up in the air whether or not he will stay, but he will be here for awhile until we find him a good home. :) So for now he's mine. ;) Dan likes the name Joe.......:rolleyes: hehe So we will see what his name will end up being.

WolfChan, I can't wait to get his goodies! Thanks so much! :D

Well he's not potty trained. His has urinated in the house several times, and I have been letting him out about every 20 minutes to go to the bathroom so as to avoid more accidents. I have been correcting him every time and it gets cut short, and then I take him outside and give him lots of praise when he finishes in the grass.

We went to Petsmart and bought him a few goodies. A harness, a case of Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice puppy food, a Kong, two bags of Nutro soft treats for training, a rope toy, two pig ears, a pig hoof, and a red ball. I also got some things for the ratties, the hedgies and hammies. Total was only $59 dollars so I did really well.

I tell you though, a puppy is HARD work! It's very hard to push a shopping cart and walk a puppy at the same time, while holding onto a toddler too! :eek:

One lady in the store commented "Wow, you are brave. A Toddler AND a pupp!" LOL I thought it was pretty funny. :p

The cats are in the living room right now. The pup is on the futon asleep, and tuckered out after I played with him for about an hour. :) I took more pics, but I will post them tomorrow. He LOVES to play, and tomorrow I am taking him to the park.

CamCamPup33
02-20-2004, 10:58 PM
I like Copper! :p

joycenalex
02-20-2004, 11:07 PM
....Well he's not potty trained. His has urinated in the house several times.... maybe puddles for a name?;)

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 11:07 PM
He peed again!!!:eek: :( We don't have a crate yet and I am afraid by the time we wake up tomorrow he's going to have peed all over the house. :( Dan is outside with him right now. Any ideas on how to get him to stop pottying inside? The only potty training I have done is crate training, so I could really use the advice.

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by joycenalex
....Well he's not potty trained. His has urinated in the house several times.... maybe puddles for a name?;)

LOL, that's actually pretty cute. :p

trayi52
02-21-2004, 12:48 AM
Cass he is a cute little guy, I guess you will have to just let him try on names for awhile. If the name don't fit, then try another. I usually would get tired of a name I would pick out and then try another name.

Dana, my Rottweiler was named by my husband. I really didn't want to name her that, but he liked Dana Sculley on the x-files. LOL!

I had to use a very huge box for Dana. I could afford a crate for her. So I kept the box in the living room, then would take it to the bedroom with me of a night. But it really got hard after a while lifting that big lug out of that box and putting her in. I got to where I would have to turn the box on it side and then take her out to her spot. She was very good though and would go potty on command.

I couldn't tell you what kind of dog your puppy is, I do know I love the way his ear curls. What a sweetheart! I hope you keep him. This may be a godsend to you and your family.

Willie

CamCamPup33
02-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
He peed again!!!:eek: :( We don't have a crate yet and I am afraid by the time we wake up tomorrow he's going to have peed all over the house. :( Dan is outside with him right now. Any ideas on how to get him to stop pottying inside? The only potty training I have done is crate training, so I could really use the advice.

The way we potty trained cami is we would take her out very often, maybe a few times in an hour.. We would take her out and say "Cami Pee-pee" Then she usually looked at us probably having no clue what we were talking about, but when she did go, we would reward her like crazy, saying "YAY cami" giving treats ect... Eventually cami learned to go to the back door when she needed to go, and if we weren't at the door, she would track us down, and whine and bark, then us knowing to take her out! :p Im sure he will get the hang of it soon! :)

K9soul
02-21-2004, 10:40 AM
It's hard to find that perfect name without being around the pup and seeing his personality. Some names I really like the sound of but it would still have to "fit" :). Puppies ARE hard work! For awhile it is like having another toddler as I'm sure you know :p.

Potty training is just something that has to be worked at consistently and patiently, watching the pup closely and taking him out often and then making a huge deal when he pees outside. I remember when I was potty training Tasha sometimes she'd just so suddenly squat and begin to pee and I had to grab her fast and run her outside, but then she'd just play around and not go!

One thing I'd suggest if you haven't already is to get one of those sprays that help to erase the odor of urine to a dog since even after it is cleaned a dog can often still smell where it went. Another aid out there are training pads that attract a puppy to wet on them. I haven't used them but have read where you get the puppy to go on the pad (it has a scent that makes them want to go there) and then move the pad outside so the puppy goes there, etc.

Good luck!

luckies4me
02-21-2004, 10:41 AM
CamCampup, that's exactly what I do. He went potty in the middle of the night but I stopped him and then took him outside. He went poop and pee again and then slept all this morning very nicely until I took him out when I noticed he was starting to piddle. I don't mind pee so much, but pooping in the house is just a big no no for me. Thank goodness he hasn't pooped! Every time he eats, I take him out ten minutes later to go poop, so he hasn't had an accident poopy wise yet!:D His nails are also so long and sharp. He slept with us for the first hour of night but then we had to kick him off because he kept having puppy nightmares really bad. He had them so bad it was almost impossible to wake him up. :( He would cry and cry and cry so bad, and it was really sad. It took Dan about 4 minutes to wake him up to tell him he was alright.

Then I caught him growling in his sleep lol. And man oh man does he have the stinkiest farts EVER!!! :eek: His poop looks nice though. No worms or mucous or anything. :)

CamCamPup33
02-21-2004, 10:46 AM
CamCampup, that's exactly what I do. He went potty in the middle of the night but I stopped him and then took him outside. He went poop and pee again and then slept all this morning very nicely until I took him out when I noticed he was starting to piddle. I don't mind pee so much, but pooping in the house is just a big no no for me. Thank goodness he hasn't pooped! Every time he eats, I take him out ten minutes later to go poop, so he hasn't had an accident poopy wise yet!:D His nails are also so long and sharp. He slept with us for the first hour of night but then we had to kick him off because he kept having puppy nightmares really bad. He had them so bad it was almost impossible to wake him up. :( He would cry and cry and cry so bad, and it was really sad. It took Dan about 4 minutes to wake him up to tell him he was alright.

Cami used to have those, she doesn't have them anymore though, thank god, i think i would cry! :p A dog that i am dog-sitting now have extremely long nails, he has to get surgery done because of how long they are.. :( Poor pup!

aly
02-21-2004, 01:24 PM
You might want to control his water intake and do it the same way you do the food. Put the water down and take him potty after he drinks. The scheduled water will mean scheduled pee and will make it easier on you.

Also, rough play sessions cause them to have to potty. So remember to take him out if he is playing hard.

During the day, you could keep him on a leash near you at all times (especially these first few days).

luckies4me
02-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the tips Aly! I will try doing the same with his water. Right now he is at the park with Dan, Dylan and Dan's father. I am having major difficulties with MSN and am connected with a test connection through IE. :( :rolleyes:

But I just wanted to let everyone know that he has made progress! He actually went to the door and pawed at it to let us know he had to go outside and potty, so I was very proud of him. :D

Any suggestions on how to stop him from biting/mouthing?

aly
02-21-2004, 03:53 PM

Any suggestions on how to stop him from biting/mouthing?

Does he just do it when playing or all the time? Does he also pull at your clothes or is it just normal puppy nipping?

luckies4me
02-21-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm sorry but he will be leaving this afternoon. I just got back from the ER. Ewok cannot stand him and I cannot take the stress and neither can the cats. The puppy went after Ewok and Ewok jumped onto my face, ripping my eyelid open so bad it cut my cornea, and I got bit several times on the face and scratched pretty badly. At this time, until we have a yard or the dog was smaller than the cats, this can't be. I tried, I did, but with me facing a possibly ugly infection in my eye etc. I just can't do it. And it was just getting good too. I cried the whole time at the doctors about this, but Dan won't give me any options. :(

I should have known better that this wouldn't work out, becuase nothing does, and all I have done was make things worse. I am in a lot of pain right now and I am not even supposed to be on the computer. I am supposed to wear a patch. :( It was fine with Morgan because Ewok was just a teenie tiny kitten and didn't even care about anything at only three weeks old. And I can't stnad to be attaacked again. The bad thing is that the people at the ER kept saying I should euthanize Ewok, when it wasn't even his fault because he was just scared.

I don't think a big dog will ever fit in here unfortunately, as long as we have Ewok.

CamCamPup33
02-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Oh! :( Im so sorry.. :(

lizbud
02-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Well it's really up in the air whether or not he will stay, but he will be here for awhile until we find him a good home. :)

Can you tell us what that means? :confused: At first it did
sound like you wanted to keep him. I mean ,getting the puppy
trained to scratch at the door to go out after a day's training,
that sounds like a bond has already formed.

Kfamr
02-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Oh no. :( I just saw this thread and now I saw the bad news.

I really wish it had worked out, Cass. You need a pup in your crew!
Where are you going to take him? How is your eye doing?

There's no way you should euthanize Ewok because of that, those ER people obviously just don't understand.

{{HUGS}}

Kfamr
02-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Can you tell us what that means? :confused: At first it did
sound like you wanted to keep him. I mean ,getting the puppy
trained to scratch at the door to go out after a day's training,
that sounds like a bond has already formed.

Not sure if you have, but maybe you should read her latest reply.

K9soul
02-21-2004, 05:47 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this :(. I hope you will be feeling better soon. It's no one's fault and I really can't believe those people were telling you that your pet should be euthanized.

moosmom
02-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Cass,

You did your best. Don't feel bad about that! You have to think of what is best you and your current furbabies. Labs (from the looks of it, he's got some in him) are pretty hyper dogs and need alot of attention. You gave it your best shot. Things happen for a reason. I know you'll find him a great home. And don't worry, YOUR doggie will come along when the time is right.

Hang in there!

(((((hugs)))))
Donna

lizbud
02-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Not sure if you have, but maybe you should read her latest reply.

Thanks Kfamr. I had not seen that before I posted. I only asked
because it was the first time I heard that the pup might not be
staying. Liz.

luckies4me
02-21-2004, 06:42 PM
I can't stop bawling. I am hurting both physically and emotionally, but my heart hurts more than anything. He's gone already. He went to a good friend named Julie. :( She has a Golden and her cats are used to dogs because dogs are always at her house. I didn't expect Ewok to just lunge at me like that, and now he won't go anywhere near me. :( He is terrified of me too, and I didn't even do anything to him. I gave her all of his belongings and she is going to bring him over to visit, or better yet I will go over there.

Lizbud, the plan was for me to take him so that he avoided being thrown onto the freeway or stuck in the pound, but if it worked out we were going to keep him. But obviously things didn't work out. :( I know we bonded, which is why I can't stop crying. I already fell in love with him.

I just got out of the shower and my eye opened up again, lucky me! They wanted to put stitches but couldn't because it was a cat scratch and has a high chance of getting infected. I have drops for my eye and ointment for the wound. I am just stunned Ewok lunged at me! I can't believe it. Dan just said I look like I got beat up, nice.

I don't know if I have the will to try again. Maybe a smaller dog, tiney, but a big dog I just don't think the cats would do well with. I mean Morgan was different, she wasn't a puppy and was just really well behaved. Houdini had no problems, so the only real one who would mind is Ewok, and I don't plan on letting him go any time soon.

His nail actually slit all the way through my lid and scratched my cornea. I can assure you he is in good hands, and someone that has more experience than I do. I may have a lot of experience with small and furries, but when it comes to large and furries I am horrible. I just don't understand. I am not meant to have a dog obviously. Pooka was stolen from our house, then Morgan passed what four months after we got her?! And now this! I LOVE that dog, and this sucks, and I don't know if I can go through this again. I thought I was doing good, but I wasn't.

luckies4me
02-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Here is a pic of my face. He managed to leave four puncture wounds and the rest are scratches. Above my lip is where he bit me, and the other things I think are the scratches. He bit me in my temper too. I know I look like crap, but I was crying a lot, which is why my nose is all red and huge. I also had not plucked my eyebrows and waxed my lip. :o I'm really not this ugly, I swear! But after crying, you don't look the same.

luckies4me
02-21-2004, 06:54 PM
I meant temple (sp?) not temper. And I forgot the picture. I am sorry for the mistakes but I am not in the best mood and can't think.

trayi52
02-21-2004, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't blame myself, and I wouldn't blame Ewok. I am sure that he just got scared when the pup lunged at him. I have had dogs that I know loved me, and get in the middle of a scrimish and end up getting bitten too. Ewok will get over the fear.

Maybe you should start out with a very tiny puppy that the cats can handle. Grover whoops up on my chihuahuas all the time. LOL. I have to get on to her about getting rough with these little guys.

Maybe things will work out and will be able to get you another puppy.

I hope your eye get better, sounds like you really got it bad. I hope it gets well really fast.

Willie

shais_mom
02-21-2004, 10:59 PM
omg Cass!! How horrible!!! I hope your eye is ok.
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

amoore
02-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Cass, I'm sorry about that happening! You are too sweet to be hurt! Poor baby try to help a little puppy and get hurt.

I am sure Ewoke already feels sad that he hurt you.

zippy-kat
02-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Goodness what an ordeal! :(

Hope you feel better soon,
Zip

luckies4me
02-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Thanks everyone. :( My eye looks better than it really is. Right now it's still bleeding after I took a shower so I had to put ointment on it to get it to stop oozing. The doctor might want me to go back tomorrow to check it and see if I have a need for oral antibiotics. It was strange when I first looked at my eye because you could see the fat. The first thing the doctor said was "Well you didn't know you had fat in your eyelid huh?", and I was like NO, not until today! My eyelid doesn't hurt as bad as it did, but my actually eyeball is what is giving me trouble.

You know, I really wish this would have worked out. It really pisses me off that something ALWAYS has to happen......ok, not always, but most of the time. He was only here a day and I got so attached to that little boy. I snapped the cutest pic this morning of him asleep on the couch all funny looking. I will have to post it soon. I try to not cry but am still emotional over him. *sigh* Thanks everyone. I really hope you understand this was for the best. I can't risk this happening to me again, I mean I got my cornea scratched! My vision is doubled and I have to put these stupid drops in my eye that leak down to my throat and taste terrible.

Dan made me dinner tonight and that made me feel a bit better. Dylan keeps walking around saying "doggie" and wondering where he is.

amoore
02-21-2004, 11:53 PM
You need to take care of your eyes. You may need them!

Cass, You just take on too much angel work! You try to do way too much. I think you do all you can do and more. The little creatures always have Cass going all out for them. But Cass needs to look after Cass sometimes.

I will stop bossing you for now......
:)

luckies4me
02-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Well, my eye is pretty swollen right now. I am waiting for the crying swellness to go down first so I can see how it really looks, and then decide whether or not I have to return to the doctors or not. It feels a lot better today though. My lip still hurts though. But all in all I feel better for the most part. Last night I had to pick blood off my eyelashes because it was clumped onto my eyelashes. I never would have thought a place like your eyelid contained so much blood, but apprently it does!

Tonya
02-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Oh my gosh, Cass! I am so sorry that happened. Don't get to down though, you tried.

amoore
02-22-2004, 02:28 PM
My husband had a scratched cornea a few years ago. He had to use special eyedrops and put ointment in his eye every night. I hope you are taking good care of your injury. Seeing is very important.

oops, I'm bossing you again.....:)

tatsxxx11
02-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Oh Cass. I'm so sorry; for everything. Certainly it wasn't Ewok's "fault." What a stupid thing to say...euthanizing him!
But I do worry about your eye. Corneal abrasions and ulcers are painful and serious and nothing to fool around with...did an opthamologist see you in the ER? Make sure you follow the drs insturctions re: meds., drops and ointment. Poor pup....I'm so sad for you and for him. I know how much you wanted it to work and I also know how fast you can fall in love with a furry one. But it can be tough acclimating a kitty to having a dog in the house. He was just being a puppy and Ewok was responding out of fear. You'll see, Ewok will come around. He's probably feeling traumatized too right now. You tried your best:( The good part is that the pup went to a good home, to someone you know, with a doggie pal and kitties experienced around dogs. And you get to visit and be his Auntie. And you'll see, one day you'll find the right doggie for your home; don't give up just yet. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

dukedogsmom
02-22-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm so sorry. I haven't been on since Friday so I just got caught up. I know how much it can hurt to have to give them up. The time will come when you can have the dog you want. Do be very careful with your eye. I think I would go to an eye doctor just to make sure everything was alright. And Ewok might have been feeling jealous or threatened is why he did what he did. He'll come around. Sometimes life doesn't seem fair, I know that for sure. But then later, you see it was for the best. And at least he went with someone you know so you'll know how he's doing. I wish someone I knew had gotten my rescue dog because I sure wonder how he's doing all the time.

luckies4me
02-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks everyone. I feel a little bit better today but still find it hard to look at his pictures. I just hope he does OK, and everything works out for him. I think he had a little pitbull in him by looking at his face, which made me want him more because I just adore that breed so much. :(

Well they stained my eye at the ER and used this eye machine to look at it, which is how they found out I messed it up. What sucks is that I keep forgetting about it and rub my eye making it hurt worse. :rolleyes: You should have seen it this morning. It was so swollen. Now it's not so bad and I have been anal about putting the drops in my eyes. I have also been putting the pointment on and just soaking the wound when I take a shower too to make sure it stays clean.

Thank you all for your concern. The doc said it would take a few days to heal but it should eventually heal on it's own with the drops. :)

jenfer
02-22-2004, 11:46 PM
{{{HUGS}}}
I hope you will recover and feel better soon!!!

ramanth
02-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Cass, do take care! I'm sorry it didn't work out, but don't blame yourself! Or Ewok.

I've been attacked twice now by my own cats. First time was by Chance.. he had an unknown hormone imbalance and lept right at my face. I still have scars. The fact that I was wearing glasses was the only thing that kept him from scratching my eye.

This past November, I brought in a stray dog and Logan freaked out and bit my finger badly. Didn't need stitches but I had to make frequent trips to the ER for IV antibiotics. :(

I hope you heal quickly with little scars. *HUGS*

Fear not, the little pup is with someone you trust. Someday you'll be able to have a dog. :)