PDA

View Full Version : Please keep your fingers crossed...

ChiRen
02-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Well I had been having some pretty serious back pains that started quite awhile ago and I was diagnosed with scoliosis in October. I had been going to a chiropractor to help "adjust" my back, and he helped get the scoliosis down to 15% or so. However, the pains just got worse and I ended up going to an orthopedic surgeon. He basically told me that going to the chiropractor was big mistake and he might have made it worse.
Anyway, to make a long story short, the pains have come back and I went to the orthopedic surgeon again this morning. He couldn't find anything wrong in the X-Rays but I am going to get an MRI done in about 2 hours.
If they do find something wrong ((I could possibly have a disc in my lower back that has already started wearing down)), I may have to take a break from my volleyball season or get surgery if needed. Yikes. :eek::(:eek:
Anyway...
Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!

((I know, kind of a pointless thread...but I just need to vent since I'm seriously stressing out over this :p))

Haha...there is a plus to this though...I get to stay home all day and only have to go to school for the last two periods ((and one of them is Drawing so it'll be easy haha)) ;)

Corinna
02-20-2004, 10:45 AM
I have a simular back problem My doc doesn't want me to see the chropractor, but he can't do any thing for me. So I go iany way. It feels better and I take the glacosimne ,it has made a huge differnce for me. ( I have a recurved back ,It is curved the oppisite of the normal persons) also have a small bifida about an 1inch opening on the tail bone.
Good luck at the docs. Hope you find the right thing for you , to help with the pain.
After 42 years I guess I just got use to it.