PDA

View Full Version : Find out who you should support in the election.

Shelteez2
02-19-2004, 10:10 PM
http://www.presidentmatch.com/Main.jsp2?cp=main

Now I'm not American and so I can't really take this test, but I thought it would be neat for those of you who are to take it and see if the results match who you are supporting. :)

Tonya
02-19-2004, 11:18 PM
That is a great site. Thank you~

trayi52
02-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Great site, I took it. It gave me the candidate that I would actually vote for.

mugsy
02-20-2004, 05:35 AM
Same here Willie! Very cool....I'm glad Mike wasn't watching when I took it...he would have had a good time!! lol We usually cancel each others votes...;)

joycenalex
02-20-2004, 06:22 AM
interesting, i didn't know only mr bush and mr kerry had been in military service. (clark isn't on the list)

PJ's Mom
02-20-2004, 08:34 AM
I guess I don't pay attention to election issues this year because I have no idea who Kucinich is. :confused:

Logan
02-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Don't feel too bad, PJ's Mom, he was never much of a threat. I guess we're really down to three now, Bush, Edwards and Lurch, I mean Kerry. :o

PJ's Mom
02-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Lurch? lol :D

micki76
02-20-2004, 09:32 AM
That is a great site and actually shows where the candidiates stand on important issues. It actaully changed my vote! I have a hard time sorting through who is for and against what, and keeping it all straight, so this has been VERY helpful! Can't wait to have hubby try it! :D

G.P.girl
02-20-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Don't feel too bad, PJ's Mom, he was never much of a threat. I guess we're really down to three now, Bush, Edwards and Lurch, I mean Kerry. :o
lol!
it told me i should vote for Kucinich but i've never heard of him either.

lizbud
02-20-2004, 12:18 PM

Don't you mean Kerry, Edwards and "Shrub"? :D :D

Logan
02-20-2004, 01:01 PM
I refuse to get into a name calling contest, Liz! ;) :p It's all a matter of opinion anyway. :)

They really were referring to Kerry as Lurch on a local radio program (talk radio), recently. And he does sort of look like Lurch from the Adam's Family!!! :p

RICHARD
02-20-2004, 01:43 PM
HOOLLLLLLLEEEEE Christmas!!

I took the test and there is a special section that gives the best candidates for the other offices..I came out with

Michael Jackson for prez:eek:

Ben Affleck for "Vice" president.

Ahrnold for Secy of Defense.

Martha Stewart as Secy of the Treasury

Shaq O'neal as The BIG DUDE

Dale Earnhardt Jr. as Secy of Highways and Transportation.

Dr Atkins as the Food and Drug czar.

Can I write myself in as a candidate?

:rolleyes:

My first act as president would be to invade Antartica and take over the continent.....

Free Ice for the U.S., forever!!

wolfie
02-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Cool link! It's like, voting for dummies. :D I haven't been following the elections at all (yes, I'm a bad American), so this site is pretty useful for people like me. :) Hey, maybe I will vote this year!

lizbud
02-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Name calling is silly isn't it.:) But it is sort of fun seeing the
various names people have come up with for Bushie. Here's
a few I've seen in print.

Incurious George
Furious George
Fuhrerous George
Warrin' Georgie
Snortin' George
Pushy Bush
Burning Bush
George of the Bungle
The Great Preemptor
Coalition George
Emporer Bush

How about George Dubius Bush, or Commander In Grief, the list
is endless and very funny. :D

tatsxxx11
02-20-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm already strongly supporting one candidate. Be interested to see if that's who the test pairs me up with!

tatsxxx11
02-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Yup, as I figured...the "Breck Girl" is the one for me. Logan, you must know who that is!;)

Edwina's Secretary
02-20-2004, 04:19 PM
But it is sort of fun seeing the
various names people have come up with for Bushie

Lizbud! giggle! Shrub is my favorite but those are some good ones! Someone sent me this a few weeks ago...

no big revelation for me....

(Burning Bush.....teehee... Incurious George hahaha)

Logan
02-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Yup, as I figured...the "Breck Girl" is the one for me. Logan, you must know who that is!;)

Yep, and I don't think it is Lurch, either!!!! :) As our friend, Pam would say, he's "easy on the eyes". :D

cali
02-20-2004, 11:36 PM
lol over here in canada we call him "shrubby" :D lol I took the test anyway and it came up with that guy that no one has heard of as 100% :p then again shubby is the only candadate I have ever heard of lol

Cincy'sMom
02-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
I guess I don't pay attention to election issues this year because I have no idea who Kucinich is. :confused:

Kucinich is a funny looking democrat from Ohio. I don't know anything about his views, just that he is not doing wellin the primaries.

Cincy'sMom
02-21-2004, 08:16 AM
I was surprised by my results, although 3 of them came out at 97% match or better :confused: I don't think it will change my vote, but it was an interesting test.

moosmom
02-21-2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks for sharing that! I had a feeling who I was going to vote for, but taking that test just confirmed it!

halliecat
02-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Kerry was the one I came up with! He does look like Lurch...lol

lizbud
02-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Breck Girl ? Tsk, tsk ladies, you should know better than that.
It's NO GIRLS ALLOWED. :D Or women either for that matter.:rolleyes:

If they were Shirley Chisholm would get my vote, if she
would ever come back into active politics. She has every quality
anyone could ask for in a candidate.:)

jonza
02-22-2004, 11:41 AM
That was interesting.

My result was 1 Dean, 2 Edwards, 3 Kerry, 4 Kucinich, 5 Sharpton and last but surely least, 6 Bush.

I got to that result by answering "No Opinion" to everything.

At least it was right, in that in this particular case I would rather have the devil I don't know than the one I do know.

But then I've never understood politicians, had any respect for most of them, or been faintly interested in them. Due to the way that I travelled around so much, I was well up in my fifties before I got the right to vote in any national election anyway. (And that's England, a country I haven't lived in for 43 years!)

Are most politicians self-centered, power-hungry, short sighted individuals? Of course I can't know that. But I'm pretty darn sure that there's an awful lot of HYPOCRISY spouted out in the name of politics.

So if I did magically get the right to vote, I would have no idea who to vote for. In fact, I don't really envy the people who do have to make this decision! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pam
02-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Yep, and I don't think it is Lurch, either!!!! :) As our friend, Pam would say, he's "easy on the eyes". :D

LOL! LOL! LOL! You know I didn't know who you were talking about until you said that Logan! LOL! Now there is no doubt! :D I agree - VERY easy on the eyes! LOL!

tatsxxx11
02-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Actually, it was Rush Limbaugh who gave him that handle...think he's jealous 'cause he's got all that hair???:D Yes, VERY easy on the eyes...!:)

Pam
02-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Logan and Sandra, do they even make Breck any more? LOL! I haven't seen that on the shelves in years! LOL!

Logan
02-23-2004, 07:35 AM
Are we off topic, or what, Pam? :p Yes, I think Breck is back!! I haven't looked for it, but I do think they are making it! :)

ramanth
02-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Neat site. :) 100% match to Kerry for me.

Lurch? I don't see it. :confused: Ah well.

:)

lizbud
02-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
Neat site. :) 100% match to Kerry for me.

Lurch? I don't see it. :confused: Ah well.

:)

Funny thing Kim, but I don't see it either. Abraham Lincoln maybe.....:) :)

tatsxxx11
02-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Logan's right, Pam. Breck is back in the D and N formulas, but no more"O":D

lizbud
02-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Logan's right, Pam. Breck is back in the D and N formulas, but no more"O":D

I hope everyone's taking taking notes so they know which
shampoo to support in the next election.LOL.:D

Felicia's Mom
02-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Very interesting, thanks for posting.