PDA

View Full Version : Want to see my cute, cute car? :)

Twisterdog
02-19-2004, 09:19 PM
I just love this car!

His name is Ringo ... because he's a Beetle. ;)

I wish he would have been clean for his photo-op, but the weather has been yucky here.

slleipnir
02-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Aw, he's so cute ;)

Crikit
You have a HAPPY car? So not fair!

Ringo's cute by the way.

Dogz
Ohhhh, I want Ringo! What a cutie!:)

popcornbird
02-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Beetles are sooooooo cute! :D They're like smilie little baby cars! LOL

Tonya
02-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Awww, Ringo is a cutie! I love bugs.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-19-2004, 09:33 PM
I want a lime green one, or a yellow one... do you think they make hot pink???

Ringo is adorable! :)

trayi52
02-19-2004, 09:34 PM
That is the kind of car I have always wanted! Even the older models. I have always loved the little Volkswagons. So yours is named Ringo. Remember Herbie!!!;)

bluekat
02-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Oohh, Ringo is so cute!:D

Twisterdog
02-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
That is the kind of car I have always wanted! Even the older models. I have always loved the little Volkswagons. So yours is named Ringo. Remember Herbie!!!;)

I always wanted an old beetle, too, ever since I was a little kid. I wanted a red one, painted like a ladybug. ;)

But, I'm not a mechanic by any means ... so that pretty much precludes owning an old beetle. Plus, they are death traps, seriously, very very unsafe in an accident. That's why they quit selling them in the US in the 70's, they couldn't pass the safety regulations.

So, when the new ones came out, I was happy!! :D

A guy on a New Beetle website I post to has one painted to look like Herbie. :)

trayi52
02-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Twisterdog, I had no idea that they had stopped making them for that reason! You sure see a lot of them now. People buy them and restoring them.

I wanted to buy this one a few months ago, it is the newer model, 5 speed. I was just amazed at how much room these little guys have in them. Somebody beat me to it. It was in perfect condition too. So I am so jealous! I want one of the newer models too.......

lovemyshiba
02-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Ringo is a cutie!!!!!

Just how many of your dogs can you get in there?;)

Shelteez2
02-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Ringo is a cutie!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! She barely lets her son ride in there........;)

I think she'll make me run outside the car when I go visit her later this year.....:p

Twisterdog
02-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Ringo is a cutie!!!!!

Shelteez is right ... no dogs allowed! I would prefer if no kids were allowed, either, but I can't really do that, since my son is twelve years old. I want to put a sign on the window that says, "Clean, freshly showered adults only!" ;)

I wanted to buy this one a few months ago, it is the newer model, 5 speed. I was just amazed at how much room these little guys have in them. Somebody beat me to it. It was in perfect condition too. So I am so jealous! I want one of the newer models too.......

Too cute! I wish you would have gotten it! They have tons of room inside, don't they? My dad loves to ride in my Beetle, because he's a tall, old guy. He says it's the easiest car for him to get in and out of that he has ever ridden in, and the only car he doesn't hit his head getting in or out.

Twisterdog, I had no idea that they had stopped making them for that reason! You sure see a lot of them now. People buy them and restoring them.

Actually, they didn't quit making them until 2003. They still made them in Mexico. They just quit importing them into the US because they didn't pass the emmisions and safety requirements. They are used everywhere in Mexico, especially as taxis. I heard, though, that one of the reasons they quit production totally in 2003 was that taxi companies there are all going to 4-door cars, instead of 2-door beetles, so that unscupulous taxi drivers couldn't hold people in their cabs demaning more money or robbing them. Interesting.

RICHARD
02-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Ringo sounds like a boy's name....

It can't be a boy car.....It has a bra on...:confused:

binka_nugget
02-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Ringo sounds like a boy's name....

It can't be a boy car.....It has a bra on...:confused:

LOL! RICHARD!!! :D

Very cute car. I've already picked a name out for my first car.. "Mr. Woofles".

amoore
02-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Twisterdog, I have been looking at those new little beetles! I love those. I would have to name mine George! hee,hee,hee!

I am really happy for you. Now you can tell me if they are cheap on gas.

:D

Twisterdog
02-20-2004, 11:49 PM
Richard,

He is a boy. It's not a bra, it's a jock strap. ;)

Amoore,

Mine is a 1.8L Turbo, so it gets about 32-35 mpg. If you get the TDI model (diesel), they get about 51-53 mpg.

carole
02-21-2004, 03:19 AM
aww you are so lucky, i have always wanted a beetle, especially the cabriolet beetle, if i ever learn to drive that is he he, that would be my pick for sure.:)

amoore
02-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Twisterdog, now I have got to have one someday!

Thanks for the info!