PDA

View Full Version : is it true?

Amber
02-19-2004, 07:38 PM
Ive heard of this quote.."You cant teach an old dog, new tricks" Is that true? hehe I'd like to teach Katie some more tricks, and she is an older dog.

dumb question, I know :p

tatsxxx11
02-19-2004, 07:47 PM
No one, or DOG, is ever too old to learn!:) Chalk it up to an old wive's tale! (Or a lazy dog guardian!:D)

guster girl
02-19-2004, 07:48 PM
I know that isn't true at all! It's just like with adult humans, in my opinion. How about that man that was in his 90's that learned to read?! It may take longer, because as young ones, brains are like sponges, but, you most definitely CAN teach an old dog new tricks. :)

K9soul
02-19-2004, 07:48 PM
There are no dumb questions :). I'd say definitely yes, an older dog can easily be taught new tricks. I think it's harder to break a habit in an older dog, but not really to teach a new trick :)

Amber
02-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Okay, Thanks!

I feel like an idiot for asking this now, but at least I know! :p

binka_nugget
02-19-2004, 08:26 PM
There are no dumb questions . I'd say definitely yes, an older dog can easily be taught new tricks. I think it's harder to break a habit in an older dog, but not really to teach a new trick

:D Exactly! Kaedyn was so easy to teach commands to. It was just as easy as it was teaching Kai as a pup. But breaking the habbit of barking at every moving thing will be tough.

Don't worry, that wasn't a dumb question at all.

Amber
02-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Thats good. :)