PDA

View Full Version : Signatures for Smokey...

Amber
02-19-2004, 03:38 PM
:( I hope we didnt forget about, smokey. Who also passed away.
I think we should make signatures for him too. Since we did for Binx.

captain
02-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Amber,

That is a good idea. I am useless at making sigs, but I am sure the gang will do it ..........PCB, Cookiebaker, Kay?

Dogz
02-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I think that everyone who has a program could do it. I have a program, and I would love to do one for sweet Smokey.

I think all of the signatures that everyone made for Binx looked great, and we can put some together for Smokey.:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Here's my Smokey sig!

lizbud
02-19-2004, 05:46 PM
ILoveMyAbbyGirl,

I love the signature picture of Smokey. It's very good.:)

Smokey always reminded me of Pepper, a dog we had when
my children were little.

Rest In Peace dear Smokey. :(

Pam
02-19-2004, 05:48 PM
This is a very sweet idea for a thread, and LoveMyAbby that is a really nice signature. I wish I knew how to make them.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Thank you all.

Kfamr
02-19-2004, 08:28 PM
I made this when I first heard the tragic news..

When a beloved pet perishes...
his or her soul stays forever
in the hearts of everyone it touched
especially the ones of which it occupied
during it's blissful stay on Earth.

everything reminds us of it;
the loving touch, the clever antics
even some of the things that brought sadness
whereas their faces always brought smiles

it waits for you to come through the gates;
ecstatic, youthful, and benign.
with happy wiggles all over its body
so it can great you once again,
and forever, you stay by eachother's side.

Because;;
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/signatures/smokey.gif

Surely, no one has forgetten about. I am worried about Amy though, because she hasn't been online lately. :(

Hope you're feeling alright Amy, check in when you can.....

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Beautiful Kay.

Amber
02-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Those are great siggys

I cannot imagine how she feels now too kay, she has had that dog since she was 2 years old :(

tatsxxx11
02-19-2004, 08:43 PM
I for one have certainly not forgotten Smokey, or Amy:( I don't know how to make sigs/have a program. I sure would if I could. But Amy, I'm thinking of you and Smokey all the time. It just broke my heart to hear that he was gone:( We will never forget you, precious little Smokey. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra, Cody and Star

popcornbird
02-19-2004, 08:50 PM
I certainly did not forget about Amy or Smokey. How could I? :( I made her a signature a few days ago and PM'd it to her, and she responded today.........so she was online today. I've been worried about her too. Losing a pet after 18 years has got to be harder than one can imagine. :(:(

Here's the signature I made her btw.

http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v51/popcornbird/6b8617b0.jpg

Shelteez2
02-19-2004, 08:55 PM
No offense to anyone, but I just wanted to share my feelings on this.

I know everyone's hearts are in the right place, but I think it would be so hard to come here after suffering such a loss and seeing my dog's pic in every post I clicked on. I would not ever want to forget my dog, not by any means, but to have that constant reminder that they are no longer with you each time you went to a different post and saw some one's well meaning sig, would just about rip me apart.

I thought I'd just mention it as that is what I thought about when I saw this thread. Sorry if it offends anyone, it wasn't meant to.

Dogz
02-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2

I know everyone's hearts are in the right place, but I think it would be so hard to come here after suffering such a loss and seeing my dog's pic in every post I clicked on. I would not ever want to forget my dog, not by any means, but to have that constant reminder that they are no longer with you each time you went to a different post and saw some one's well meaning sig, would just about rip me apart.

I thought I'd just mention it as that is what I thought about when I saw this thread. Sorry if it offends anyone, it wasn't meant to.

It would mean a lot to me to know that people were there for me, and that they cared.

But that is your opinion and I will respect that. Other people have some different opinions.

Twisterdog
02-19-2004, 10:02 PM

That's how I would feel, too, I think. I would know people meant well, but seeing my dog's picture in every post would be too much salt in the fresh wound, I think. I think I'd have to take a break from PT until I could cope.

micki76
02-19-2004, 10:07 PM

I have to agree. If I just lost one of my babies, I couldn't come here and see the sigs.

I know they are made and displayed with love and the best of intentions, but my heart woud die again every time I saw them. :(

Kfamr
02-19-2004, 10:22 PM
I really and honestly do not think this should be discussed in here.

Let it be up to Amy whether she wants things made in memory of.

Twisterdog
02-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I really and honestly do not think this should be discussed in here.

Let it be up to Amy whether she wants things made in memory of.

That is right, it should be up to the individual person to say how they feel about it. If you all asked Amy how she felt about it, and she said, "Yes, please, I'd like to see all the signatures", then by all means, I think it's wonderful to do!

I don't think, however, that it is necesarily the best thing to simply assume everyone wants to see signatures with their RB pet in them, and to make them and put them up without discussing it with the person first. I think it's a personal, private thing, and everyone should be consulted before their pet's pictures are used like that, even with the best intentions at heart.

But, yes, I agree that it probably shouldn't be dicussed in this thread, but a new thread started if want to continue discussing it. I won't post again about it here.

wolf_Q
02-19-2004, 11:42 PM
I think the signatures and pictures are very nice. Thank you everyone.

If I was bothered by seeing my Smokey boy's photo, I couldn't even use the computer...as there's a nice pic of Reggie and Smokey right above my monitor.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-20-2004, 06:30 PM
That was beautiful KayAnn, great signature. You do such a nice job on sigs. Great sigs everyone... they look great. Wish I could make one for Binx and little Smokey.

R.I.P. Smokey, you will be missed.

Dogz
02-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Here is mine.