PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Neighbors!!!

pitc9
02-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Grrrrr.... Alright I need to vent!!!

We spent over $2500 to fence in our entire yard to keep our dogs safe. (Also to keep our neighbors dog out of our yard)

Well..... my pups sometimes jump on the fence (because it's wooden and they want to see over it) and we are working on stopping them from doing it. Sierra's gotten better, but Buddy still jumps on the fence and so does the neighbor's dog Blizzard. Blizzard is scratching the fence up with her long nails, and also once Sierra and Blizz got into a little scuffle over the fence. There was a little blood, but it was not Sierra's.
Hey.... my dog's protecting her yard!
Since that, the husband started putting Blizz outside and tied up to keep her from jumping on the fence. But the wife just lets her run loose when she lets her out! And when she does that my pups go nut because Blizz runs up and down the fence jumping and barking, so my pups jump and bark and carry on.... OMG it gets SOOOO loud sometimes. So then I have to run outside and bring my dogs in until they put Blizz in the house. (Grrrr) :mad: Then I can let them back outside to play.

So Monday I get home from work and the neighbor lady comes to my door and tells me that they had to take Blizz to the emergency clinic on Sunday because one of my dogs ripped into Blizzard's face and she needed stiches & they had a $350 vet bill.
I said I felt bad for Blizz and I hope she's okay. Then she just stood there looking at me... like I was going to offer her money!!
HELLO!!! ONE OF THE REASON'S OUR FENCE IS UP IS TO KEEP YOUR DOG OUT OF OUR YARD!!!! Buddy and Sierra would not jump on the fence and go crazy if Blizzard wouldn't!!
So then she says to me that we (meaning her and I) should work on keeping our dogs under control. Hello!!! Get a life lady!!
The dog has never been tied up, goes across the street, goes into all the neighbor's yards to poop. Has never even had a collar! While she was at my house I asked if she knew what dog it was, so she pointed to Sierra and said "I think it was the bigger one" Hello!!! Sierra is not the bigger one! Then I asked her when it happened (because I never heard anything) and she said she didn't remember, all she remembers is hearing the dogs, then she ran outside. So if she was in the house, how does she know what dog of mine it was that did it! Who cares anyway!! My dogs were inside there yard! I'm pretty sure it was Buddy because Sierra has been a good girl, and has not been jumping on the fence!!:) (Good Girl Sierra!!)

Whew... okay I feel better now!
Thanks!

lv4dogs
02-19-2004, 01:32 PM
If you want to be a bad neighbor too you should go over there & ask for money for your scratched up fence!! :D

I ran into a similar incedent at my old house so i know how you feel, its awful to go through all that for nothing. boy sometimes the dumbest owners think they are the smartest.

EssTer
02-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Reall stupid neighbours... I feel sorry about that you ahve neighbours like that and , that your fence is crached ;) :D

K9soul
02-19-2004, 03:16 PM
If her dog runs free it could have been any dog and may have not been Sierra or Buddy at all! What an irresponsible pet owner. :(

pitc9
02-19-2004, 03:28 PM
True!! It could have been another dog!!

Do you think a couple of faces like this hurt hurt anything???;) :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p9c038dbb97b01ce5ad519675bde21336/fa7d228a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p2a1a33e402b2cb28aca2ab5fddf238db/fa7d2291.jpg

lute
02-19-2004, 03:37 PM
yea...id go put a leash on their porch and put detailed intructions on how to use it.

my neighbors accross the street have a shltie that does almost the same thing exept this is a HUGE sheltie(maybe even a collie). and for weeks now she just lets it out. she has two dgs and used t do real well w/ tieing them up. now she just ties the other one up. this sheltie is sooo mean...he charges us. he almst had pepper,the dog im fostering right now. one bite from that dog would have killed her!

my dad threatends it w/ a bad,but it wont come near him now. we have to make sure it's not out before we can go out without my dad with us. this is not a risk we should have to take!

just thought i'd blow some steam too!:D

Corinna
02-19-2004, 03:50 PM
This may sound like a mean thing but here goes worked for us after only 2times. We also put up a fence but with a newf and sity regulations I couldn't make it as high as I wanted. so we started having the same problem ,our dogs being bad due to the neighbors bratty dog. So I put 1 strand of nonbarbed electric fence on the top. 2 jolts both sides of the fence became no touch ziones. Now it's only on when they get a new dog(about 3 times a year) (just can't get them to mind,duh paying attention to them helps) No one got hurt but it did get their attention . Hope it helps.(works good for the bratty kid of theirs climbing on it to pet my dogs) only needed that once!

lute
02-20-2004, 09:49 AM
i dont think that sounds mean at all! they havnt et the dogs out of their fenced area for like 2-3 days so far,so maybe they are smartening up a little.(doubt it)

micki76
02-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
(works good for the bratty kid of theirs climbing on it to pet my dogs) only needed that once!

LMAO!

We actually had to put another fence up inside of our yard about 6 feet away from the fence we share with our bad neighbors. For the second fence we just used cheap chain link and I'm planting vines along it this spring to completely block the view of the other dogs. (If Chester can even see them through the fence, he goes nuts) It makes our yard a bit smaller, but we have a huge yard anyway. :)

ChiRen
02-20-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm sorry you have to put up with her and her complaining. :(
If I were you, I'd tell her to stick it up her...or, well, you get it. ;)

I think Corrina's idea sounds great...if it's a possibility for you. :)

Maybe you could try talking to her about her dog or tell her husband to talk with her, since he seems to understand. :p

BitsyNaceyDog
02-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Down here we have a leash law. If a dog is found off a leash animal control can pick him up. Maybe you could complain to animal control that there is a loose dog in your neighborhood. They will have to pay to get him back, and maybe that will teach them to keep their dog on a leash. It's an idea anyway.

pitc9
02-20-2004, 12:36 PM
My father in law told us to do that also, I'd feel bad, but then again, I'd rather feel bad for doing that than feeling bad if next time it's one of my pups getting hurt!!

OMG.... if that dog hurts one of my pups..... wow... I'l blow up!
My hubby is an electrician, I think we are going to put up a live wire on the top of the fence.

b0bth0ny
02-20-2004, 01:01 PM
You should not fear for your life every time you walk aout of your house lute. There is a leash law in indiana right? Educate your neighbor on the law. If that doesn't work maybe animal control can explain it to them.

pitc9
02-20-2004, 02:32 PM
I am in Ohio not Indiana, but I'm sure there is a law here also!
We now have the number to the dog warden posted on the fridge the next time I see the dog on our fence.

catnapper
02-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Oh does this bring back memories! We had a 5' high fence that my neighbor's boxer kept jumping (how?) and on an almost daily basis, I had to take the dog back to his owner's place. One time that REALLY got them was when they were having a BIG party. there was the boss and lots of other "impressive" people - I knocked on their door with the cops (he was a friend off duty;) ) and told them that if they can't keep their dog contained, the next time this nice officer would take him away for good! Never again did that humping dog jump my fence!

Sometime embarassment & humiliation really DOES work.

pitc9
02-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Ohhhh that's a good one!!!:D

Amber
02-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by pitc9
True!! It could have been another dog!!

Do you think a couple of faces like this hurt hurt anything???;) :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p9c038dbb97b01ce5ad519675bde21336/fa7d228a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p2a1a33e402b2cb28aca2ab5fddf238db/fa7d2291.jpg

noway!! ADORABLE! that lady really needs to get with it..dontcha think? ;)

K9soul
02-20-2004, 05:13 PM
I think that is my most favorite Sierra picture because you just get a full shot of her mesmerizing eyes with it! ;). Buddy's is adorable also of course!