PDA

View Full Version : some bunny loves you!

RICHARD
02-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Something for every bunny
-------------------------------------------
Rabbit enthusiasts can learn a lot from Karyne Cutler, founder and director of BunnyLuv Rabbit Resource Center, a nonprofit animal welfare education group in Van Nuys. This "bunny sanctuary' offers many services for our floppy-eared friends and their owners, including education, adoption, grooming and a Bunny Camp complete with a rabbit dating service.

BunnyLuv was established in 1996 with the goal of teaching the public how to care for and live with their rabbits, as well as understanding their behaviors. Cutler encourages the public to work with the shelter system in order to reduce the number of bunnies being euthanized.

"Rabbits are abandoned all over the community,' says Cutler. "People who have rabbits love them and want to care for them, but don't know how. We're here to help with rabbit questions, concerns and issues -- we give them other avenues to try.'

If Thumper is lonely at home and needs a companion, BunnyLuv's "bunny bonding' service can help. Bring Thumper to the center, let him date and become "friends' with other rabbits and see what kind of love connection develops. This service leads to many rabbit adoptions as owners end up taking an extra rabbit or two home with them.

Every six weeks, BunnyLuv holds workshops and seminars on topics like rabbit care, diet revision and medical illnesses. Vets give lectures, and there are plenty of booths to browse through during the organization's information days. It also offers grooming for bunnies and "bunny boarding' for people who go on vacation and can't bring their beloved pet with them.

BunnyLuv accepts rabbits of all ages and breeds -- from "babies to grandpas,' says Cutler. BunnyLuv does not accept rabbits for adoption from the public, just from municipal shelters. Currently, the center has 86 healthy, spayed and neutered rabbits that need homes.

"We help people develop inter-species relationships,' Cutler says. "We make people realize what treasures they have. The rabbits are amazing -- they enrich your life.'

BunnyLuv Rabbit Resource Center offers education, adoption, boarding, grooming, bonding services and supplies, 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays. Closed Sundays. Education and consultations are free, but supplies and care are not. 16742 Stagg St., No. 104, Van Nuys. (818) 988-4488. www.bunnyluv.org and www.bunnyluv.com.

-- Jaime Spangrude
Los Angeles Daily News.
--------------------------------------------

Saw this article this morning.

At first I thought,
Only in California......
But, I looked at the web sites and they have a lot of cool stuff for rabbits....

PJ's Mom
02-19-2004, 01:06 PM
That's cute! :)

Rottieluver45
02-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Thelmer would love it!

PJ's Mom
02-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Thelmer would eat all the other bunnies. :p ;)

zippy-kat
02-19-2004, 01:09 PM
That's where I buy all hay and (most) bunny toys from!! They are sooo awesome -- I fully support them in everything they do!