PDA

View Full Version : dock dogs and fly ball

guster girl
02-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Does anyone here know anything about this sport? Dock diving? I know labradors are naturals at it, and, my puppy is seven weeks old and I'm just trying to think of activities that will be challenging and stimulating for him. I know he's too young to go jumping off the end of a dock, but, I can at least get him used to the water and splashes and things like that. I'm also interested in checking out flyball. Any advice or hints/tips, whatever, would be really cool. thanks guys!

binka_nugget
02-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Don't know anything about dock diving but.. we tried out flyball a bit with a local club. It was really fun! The boys had such a good time and were happily jumping over the jumps. We even found out that a relative of Kai's was on the team too. :D I'm sure your pup will love it if you decide to try it out.

guster girl
02-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Hey, thanks! I am going to look online and find out if there are any local clubs that I can get involved in. I'm just seeing what's out there for now. And, there are a couple of different lakes nearby that I can get him into. That's why I was asking about dock diving, too. That just looks like so much fun....I've seen it a few times on ESPN and Animal Planet.