PDA

View Full Version : Ebay - another freak - this is just sad :(

jazzcat
02-18-2004, 04:56 PM
I saw this posted on another board. This is very disturbing to me. I wished eBay would monitor what people are doing better. That poor cat a few days ago and now this freak.
auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3176746235&category=317)

Even if it is a joke I just think there is too much cruelty to animals to joke around like this.

Amber
02-18-2004, 05:04 PM
What The Heck!?!?!

Thats terrible, it really is. Its obvious that this lady has not a HEART AT ALL! :mad: terrible. :( :mad:

cubby31682
02-18-2004, 05:07 PM
OMG, that is horrible. I think the people with an e-bay account need to do what they did with the cat. I think that we need to complain until it gets taken off.

CathyBogart
02-18-2004, 05:16 PM
That's disgusting.

catnapper
02-18-2004, 05:20 PM
OMG! This has got to be another "joke" - nobody in their right mind would actually be selling this kind of service! If they are, then some ninjas need to sweep down on her at night and "take her to the farm.":mad:

Miss Meow
02-18-2004, 06:02 PM
The seller has put a $US500 reserve on the service, so I assume it's a joke. But she's offered to perform the service internationally - I am so tempted to put in a bid and call her bluff :(

cubby31682
02-18-2004, 06:03 PM
I would also like to add, that she has 100% positive feedback. Maybe we should knock that down some? What do you think?

apcrs5122
02-18-2004, 06:08 PM
OMG!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I can't believe this, even if it is a joke!:mad: What kind of horrible freak (and some other bad words) would do this!?

I think we (or some people) should complain until something is done about it:(

G.P.girl
02-18-2004, 06:31 PM
i'd like to send her a$$ to a farm:mad:

dappledoxie
02-18-2004, 06:41 PM
That is just terrible, I think something is seriously wrong with some people these days.:mad:

ChiRen
02-18-2004, 08:12 PM
That's awful!
...and totally appalling!

trayi52
02-18-2004, 08:18 PM
I don't know what kind of sick joke that is, but I am wondering if the picture is for real.

I got a very suspicious e-mail a few weeks ago from e-bay. It said that somebody had hacked into my account and they had suspended my account. They wanted me to click on something in the e-mail and give my password and such. Well I didn't do that. Instead, I went directly to ebay to see if my account had been suspended. It wasn't, the e-mail was a hoax. So I just deleted it.
Which maybe I should have reported this to ebay instead.

I am wondering if somebody is using this persons identity and other people identity to put up crap like this on ebay. Maybe the same person that had the crap up about the cat. Now they are trying to piss us off.

Just a thought. I put this in my watch Item, just to see what goes on with this.

AmberLee
02-18-2004, 09:28 PM
I've posted a complaint to EBay about this auction, but you're right, it could be someone has done this to harrass the woman.

I've been getting a rash of these spams re. EBay, Citibank, and one other bank. I've been reporting them to the appropriate EIS departments in the hopes they can be tracked down and punished. The only email address I remember to report this spam is for ebay -- [email protected]

:mad: :rolleyes:

wolfie
02-18-2004, 09:29 PM
That's horrible!!!!!!

I think this is the actual person, not a hacker, if you look at the descriptions of other stuff she sold it sounds like the same person.

edit - if you have an ebay account, you can report auctions here (http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/report_listing.html) (http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/report_listing.html). If everyone here does it hopefully it'll be off soon!

Twisterdog
02-18-2004, 09:51 PM
I am quite sure that the person who posted that auction and the person in the picture are NOT the same person.

I would bet that this auction was posted by the pictured woman's bitter ex-husband, or her boyfriend's ex-girlfriend of something along those lines.

Why do I think that? Well, here are some quotes from the auction:

"Seller's payment instructions & return policy:
Pay-Pal. My BEST pal; in fact, we're more than just pals; it gets me more excited than my husband ever did. I combine alcohol with tranquilizers so I will certainly combine shipping. Money orders are an insurmountable stress for me; I'm already an emotional wreck. Use it as a last resort. Put me in your FAVORITES list! I have the most appalling things on the site. E-Babes, I have so much JUNK and BAGGAGE that two sherpas follow me around. (One of them is kinda cute)"

and ...

"It looks like I'll break down and be driving van soon BEING THAT I'LL NEVER GET LAID AGAIN... So, I'll come to your house, in my freaking fat van, in OVERALLS"

I sense a little bitterness here .... yes?

And, honestly, no one is going to take this seriously. For one thing, the above quoted nonsense. Secondly, why would anyone, even an idiot, think paying someone $500 plus $.30 per mile to kill their pet "painlessly" is a good deal .... when a vet will do it for $50 to $100 ... and Animal Control will pick it up and do it for free.

Yes, it's in bad taste. But I don't think it is too dangerous.

trayi52
02-18-2004, 09:58 PM
twisterdog, I kind of figure that the picture is fake also. The user that it names has 100% feedback. If you look at the feedback, the real person buy-polar has sold quilts and other items that don' t even resemble the other items that they are offering in this auction.

I don't believe they are dangerous either, just a freak of some sort.

Twisterdog
02-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by wolfie
I think this is the actual person, not a hacker, if you look at the descriptions of other stuff she sold it sounds like the same person.

You know, I think you may be right! Hmmmmm ... might want to disregard my earlier post.

Wow ... one definately strange lady! :eek:

Edit: Ok, now my third opinion of the night - wow, could I be less decisive this evening!? I read several more of her auctions. Ok, she had bad taste for posting the killing pets joke auction ... but she also is extremely funny at times. Some of her comments had me ROTFL. I think she just has a very "different" sense of humor.

CatDad
02-18-2004, 10:15 PM
This is either a sick joke by someone to harass this person, or this is one sick person. IMHO

Either way it needs to be reported.

I seriously wonder about the human race sometimes.

trayi52
02-18-2004, 10:27 PM
The ones offered in this sale had me LMAO too. But when you go to her or his auctions from their feedback, they are nothing like what is offered on this page. Did this person turn into something else. Is it a full moon? Or what? I think somebody is messing with buy-polar. Oops the name buy-polar suggests they do have a problem, must be one of their better days?

Freaks! My god they are coming out of the woodwork!!

Willie

trayi52
02-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Did you read this one that they are offering?

RED FETISH LATEX PANTS Does my A$$ look FAT?

Who am I kidding? I'm pushing middle-age and trying to "walk" around in Red Latex pants. I couldn't walk! I fell down and had to military crawl like some sort of polydactly mermaid! Will polodactly show up in "Search"? It took the JAWS of FREAKING life to get me out of these things. Bid for me so I have money in my old age and my horrible children don't slam me in a public rest home. Bid. Is anybody hiring? Oh! New with Tags. Size THREE but by the time I was finished with "modeling" them they are now FIVES.

Now that one did make me laugh! Who are we dealing with?

Twisterdog
02-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Did you read this one that they are offering?

RED FETISH LATEX PANTS Does my A$$ look FAT?

Who am I kidding? I'm pushing middle-age and trying to "walk" around in Red Latex pants. I couldn't walk! I fell down and had to military crawl like some sort of polydactly mermaid! Will polodactly show up in "Search"? It took the JAWS of FREAKING life to get me out of these things. Bid for me so I have money in my old age and my horrible children don't slam me in a public rest home. Bid. Is anybody hiring? Oh! New with Tags. Size THREE but by the time I was finished with "modeling" them they are now FIVES.

Now that one did make me laugh! Who are we dealing with?

Or this one!!! OMG! :eek: ROTF!

You are bidding on a sterilized speculum. It is in it's original sealed and sanitized package. I think every woman should carry one in her purse. Take a GOOD long look at the nurses when it's time for your next little pap. Are they more concerned with autoclaving your instruments, or are they trying to get the Doctor to bang them? What if you go to India? They just swish the speculum around in the Ganges for God's sake. Bid now, thank me later. Love to all.

trayi52
02-18-2004, 10:51 PM
I think this is turning into a joke on buy-polar. I have never laughed so hard at something on the auction block as I have this one. Maybe we should just sit back and enjoy the show for awhile. Who knows what else they will come up with that is this amusing.

You know what they say, laughter is the best medicine!
Maybe we should beg for more!;)

Kfamr
02-18-2004, 11:21 PM
I'm not too sure what to think about this, but I really think all e-bay auctions should have to be approved by some sort of sensible person[s] before being posted on the internet.

A few days before Valentine's I saw a man in a wheelchair, who looked to have down syndrom (I think?) being auctioned for sex on Valentine's.

It's not the fact that he was in a wheelchair or had some sort of disease, it's the fact that either he was offering himself online, or that some sicko took the time to actually make something like that up.

shais_mom
02-18-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I don't know what kind of sick joke that is, but I am wondering if the picture is for real.

I got a very suspicious e-mail a few weeks ago from e-bay. It said that somebody had hacked into my account and they had suspended my account. They wanted me to click on something in the e-mail and give my password and such. Well I didn't do that. Instead, I went directly to ebay to see if my account had been suspended. It wasn't, the e-mail was a hoax. So I just deleted it.
Which maybe I should have reported this to ebay instead.

I am wondering if somebody is using this persons identity and other people identity to put up crap like this on ebay. Maybe the same person that had the crap up about the cat. Now they are trying to piss us off.

Just a thought. I put this in my watch Item, just to see what goes on with this.
I got several similiar emails from PayPal. When I emailed paypal they said that they have never sent out emial like that and to report it to them so I blocked all the emails and the ones that did come thru I forwarded to them. They have finally stopped.

luckies4me
02-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Well, whoever this is sure is one crazy person, and has a lot of problems...........WEIRD!

dukedogsmom
02-19-2004, 06:25 AM
I don't care if it is a joke! I'm going to report her to Ebay. That is a joke for someone who obviously isn't in their right mind. I have words for that female but I surely can't say them here.
Ok, it's done. I told them that woman probably was bipolar and that her privileges should be suspended. I'll let you know what they say.

ramanth
02-19-2004, 08:26 AM
If you want, report the auction.

But just so you know, anyone can take a picture of you and post it in an auction for something. None of you know my eBay name. Who's to say someone can't get a picture of me or Kia and post something horribly cruel masqurading as me.

Also, I share an eBay account with my sister.

It could be possible that is the case and they mirrored how she posts her true auctions just to get a laugh.

Or if she's truely bi-polar, then hey, what can you do? Report the auction.

Email her even and ask what is up. But don't jump to conclusions.

PJ's Mom
02-19-2004, 08:58 AM
It seems they took it down, thank goodness.

catmandu
02-19-2004, 09:22 AM
That is like the 101 uses for a Dead Cat , which I find REVOLTING! That is in BAD TaSTE! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

shais_mom
02-27-2004, 12:29 AM
I got Thank you for writing eBay.

I am sorry that you saw this before we had a chance to end it. Please
know that this type of thing is in no way allowed on our site. As such,
this auction has been ended.

For more information on our policies, please view the following link:
this email in response to my complaint.

We appreciate you being such a valuable member of the eBay community.

CathyBogart
02-27-2004, 12:34 AM
Aah, goodgood.

dukedogsmom
03-01-2004, 03:37 PM
I too, had written Ebay. Here's that woman's rating page. She's no longer a registered user. Interesting.
http://cgi2.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewFeedback&userid=buy-polar&items=25