PDA

View Full Version : Teen Discovers Alleged Abduction Online

luckies4me
02-18-2004, 02:41 PM
THis 17 year old boy found out he was abducted when he saw a picture of himself online at a Missing Childrens site. See here:

http://channels.aimtoday.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-1110&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040218%2F0221492288.htm&sc=1110

G.P.girl
02-18-2004, 03:09 PM
whoa, it's like that book 'The Face on The Milk Carton'

Tonya
02-18-2004, 07:10 PM
That's sad. I would never have any reason for someone to take custody of my son. BUT if anyone every tried to take him from me, I would kidnap him too. I don't know what the circumstances are on this woman though.

luckies4me
02-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
That's sad. I would never have any reason for someone to take custody of my son. BUT if anyone every tried to take him from me, I would kidnap him too.

Me too!!! There is no way in hell I would ever let anyone take my son from me, ever!

catnapper
02-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Wow. That happened to my husband and his first wife! She stole the kids when he was at work - she just walked into the daycare center and signed the kids out! She then fled to Florida and hid out for months before my husband found them. Did she do jail time? no. :mad:

CathyBogart
02-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Interesting, and sad. I'd like to know why he hwas being taken away in the first place before I decide what I really think though.

Twisterdog
02-18-2004, 11:04 PM
I find this story very, very sad for everyone involved.

Of course, we don't know all the details, so it's impossible to pass any kind of judgement on anyone.

It makes me wonder, though, if the boy had some idea or had heard something that made him start looking through websites with pictures of abducted children. I mean, that's not typically a seventeen-year-old's preference in internet surfing.

It seems rather odd to me that he contacted the authorities instead of just bringing it up to his mom. I mean, he's seventeen ... in less than a year he will be a legal adult, and can live with or find anyone he chooses to. It seems if he had a good relationship with his mom, he would have either talked to her about it or chosen to do nothing until he was eighteen, then found his father.

Sad for everyone ... dad, mom, son. Too bad adults just can't act like adults for the sake of their children.

ramanth
02-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
It makes me wonder, though, if the boy had some idea or had heard something that made him start looking through websites with pictures of abducted children. I mean, that's not typically a seventeen-year-old's preference in internet surfing.
The way I understand it via the radio news this morning, was that he 'googled' his name and the missing child article/report came up.

Very sad.

Logan
02-19-2004, 12:10 PM
The article I read, after doing a search at www.msnbc.com said pretty much the same thing. He was in school and looking at a mising children's website and there he was as a 3 year old. This is one of those horrible mother/father things, apparently, where the mother basically kidnapped him rather than allowing him to visit with his biological father. There is a video on MSNBC of an interview with the father, but I did not watch it.

luckies4me
02-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
Too bad adults just can't act like adults for the sake of their children.

Last year I left Dan. I took EVERYTHING! I left to California for the sake of MY child. You don't know what the mother went through. The father could have been abusive or just an overall ass so she thought the best thing for the child was to remove herself and the child from the father.

luckies4me
02-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Logan
The article I read, after doing a search at www.msnbc.com said pretty much the same thing. He was in school and looking at a mising children's website and there he was as a 3 year old. This is one of those horrible mother/father things, apparently, where the mother basically kidnapped him rather than allowing him to visit with his biological father. There is a video on MSNBC of an interview with the father, but I did not watch it.

We only know what we hear. There is no way of knowing for sure why this mother left. How do we know he didn't beat her or something?

I don't see myself, even with having differences with Dan, ever keeping him from his son. Children still need their father.......if the father is not abusive. That's why I came back. :) And of course, we worked it out, but still. At that time the best thing for both myself and my son was for him to be with his mother and to avoid as much stress as possible.

2kitties
02-19-2004, 12:44 PM
If the father is abusive, we have a court system to deal with him. The mother should not have taken the law into her own hands without first exhausting her legal options. I feel so bad for this young man. Who knows what he has missed out on in his life. That's some way to have a glass of morning milk, ya know!

luckies4me
02-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
If the father is abusive, we have a court system to deal with him. The mother should not have taken the law into her own hands without first exhausting her legal options. I feel so bad for this young man. Who knows what he has missed out on in his life. That's some way to have a glass of morning milk, ya know!

Well for your information the court systems don't always work. ;)

AND, if he was abusive who cares if he never gets to see the kid again, that's his fault! I don't take pitty on any man who beats his wife, none.

My mother was in a very abusive relationship with my younger brother and sisters father, and we finally scaped and went into hiding. The police NEVER did anything to him. He would beat my mom every day, and not once did they take him away and prosecute him. He went to jail for 24 hours and then was let go. Countless of times we called the police, and each time I watched in agony them not do anything. Finally we had to go into hiding at a Women's shelter and it was the best move my mother ever made. After we were able to get into our own place again, he tracked us down yet again, and broke until our house drunk. He proceeded to let all my mothers cockatiels lose, all her hard work and love for these animals. Some were babies, and were caught by cats because while we were out shopping he was destroying our house. Then he pissed all over the house, and then fell asleep. We had to call the cops, who just let him stay in the house and told us to leave until he woke up. :mad:

He broke my mother wrist when she was pregnant, and punched her in the stomach multiple times.

When I was 18 my ex boyfriend tried to murder me, he held a knife to my throat and was this - close to slitting it. He tied me up and held my captive in his bedroom for three months, and NONE of his family helped me. He then elbowed me in the face and split my tongue open and I was bleeding everywhere. I was tied to the bed with zip ties, so tight that I was bleeding. I finally got him to let me go when I was screaming bloody murdur and I ran to a friends house for help and immediately called 911. What happened to him? Nothing! Absolutely NOTHING! Why? Because he didn't have a record. He had never abused another women in the past. They tried to blame the whole thing on me and even blamed the scratched on his arm from climbing the fence of my friends back yard on me stabbing him with a pocket knife. :rolleyes: That's the justice us women get here in California.

Just about a year ago he tried to kill his nephew of 15 years. His family said nothing, so nothing happened to him. One day he really will murder someone, and that will be a sad day.

luckies4me
02-19-2004, 12:59 PM
I forgot my point, my point was, we left my brother and sisters father. Not once do they mention him because they know how abusive he was, even though they were very little at the time. They want nothing to do with him at all because they know he's crazy, so I don't feel bad for them at all. Well I do feel bad they have an ass of a father, but I don't feel bad they don't get to see him. It's in their best interest that they never see him again, and truly, if my father was that way (which he isn't thank goodness! :D) I wouldn't want anything to do with him either.

Twisterdog
02-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Last year I left Dan. I took EVERYTHING! I left to California for the sake of MY child. You don't know what the mother went through. The father could have been abusive or just an overall ass so she thought the best thing for the child was to remove herself and the child from the father.

Of course we don't know. That is why, in my original post, I said, "Of course, we don't know all the details, so it's impossible to pass any kind of judgement on anyone."

I was not meaning the mother in particular should have acted like an adult, and the father was blameless. Could be. Or could be the exact opposite - the mother was a victim and the father an abuser. We don't know. That's why I said we can't pass judgement on anyone.

However ... I do know this ... at least one and possibly both of those parents DID act like an immature, nasty person. We don't know if it was the mom or the dad or both ... but if both of them would have been acting like reasonable, mature, responsible adults, none of this would have happened in the first place.

And, as always, it is the child that pays the price.

luckies4me
02-19-2004, 09:59 PM
I agree Twister. I think a child deserves both parents, even if there are differences between the mother and father.