PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd share a poem I wrote for my horse

petlover
02-18-2004, 01:09 PM
This is just something I have been working on for my Rodeo Horse Paper....:) tell me what you think.

Ok, I will admit that you are not the fastest horse around, and will accept the fact that you are not War Admiral.

You may not win at being the fastest horse, but there is one thing for certain...

" Even if you are not the fastest horse in the arena, you certainly win first place at heart."

Money can buy a really fast horse, but cannot buy the beat of it's heart. A large amount of horses at the rodeos are just race horses. They are not pets, and never have been.

The thing is.. you can be both

You can be serious about your racing at times, and a real goof on the other hand.

You Freeway, are the thing that brought me to life. You showed me the true love and joy of racing with a horse like you. You made the love shine through unlike any other horse had.

You see, the day I got you, I thought of you as just another horse.I thought you'd be just like the many horses before you. But as I got to know you, I realized that you had a much larger difference than the other horses. Sure, you were younger and better mannered than the others, but that wasn't what touched me so...

It wasn't the fact that you are the sweetest horse that I know, or that you are my dream come true, it is the fact that you have a bigger heart. And to me, that is one of the more important things.

( This poem was written directed to my barrel horse Freeway. It tells her how much I love her and what she means to me. But no matter how many poems I write, or how many words someone uses to describe my love for her, it will never be enough. My love for her grows larger everyday, and no words, no matter how many... could ever describe it.)

Jan Cobb

tatsxxx11
02-18-2004, 02:40 PM
That's so beautiful Jan!!! You spoke from your heart and there's no doubting your deep and unconditional love for Freeway! What a touching tribute to your best friend:) And isn't Freeway a gorgeous horse!!! No wonder you're so proud!:)

HoRsELUvR
02-18-2004, 02:53 PM
Thats really beautiful!Freeway sounds like such a great horse.

countrycowgirl
02-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Omg jan i almost cried that is so beautiful!!!!;) I swear we were seperated at birth some times becease i feel the same way about tornado he has the heart its not what the people see but what you see deep down in them and what they see deep down in you :p and what papers are you writing this for?:confused:

G.P.girl
02-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Tha't's so beautiful! Just like Freeway!:)

amoore
02-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing somthing so beautiful with us.:)

petlover
02-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by countrycowgirl
Omg jan i almost cried that is so beautiful!!!!;) I swear we were seperated at birth some times becease i feel the same way about tornado he has the heart its not what the people see but what you see deep down in them and what they see deep down in you :p and what papers are you writing this for?:confused:

Oh thank you!:D Freeway and I blushes.... oh and I'm just writing it for a report that we have in Sabine County Horse Club.:) BTW: I do believe that we were seperated at birth.:p

petlover
02-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
Tha't's so beautiful! Just like Freeway!:)

Freeway and I say thank you! thank you! thank you!:D :D

Dogz
02-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Freeway is a gorgeous horse. I like your poem, I can tell you wrote it from the heart. I am glad that yours and Freeway's bond is so secure. It must feel great to have a horse that wins in your eyes every time.

Thank you for sharing that with us.

dukedogsmom
03-01-2004, 03:34 PM
I was trying to find an old thread and saw this. I somehow missed it before! I didn't cry until I saw Freeway's pic and then got teary eyed. Where are you, by the way? We miss you!