PDA

View Full Version : Naptime showdown

catnapper
02-18-2004, 12:14 PM
I have been feeling quite lousy this week - coughing and phlem and all of that yucky nonsense. I've been trying to take a nap all afternoon and each time I do, either the cats are fighting in bed with me, or the phone rings... :rolleyes:

So finally, about an hour ago, the cats are laying real nice and quiet, the dog is sleeping on the floor. I didn't have the energy to fix the bed, so I flop down with my head at the foot of the bed next to the cats. Of course, Miss jealousy herself wants up too. So here I am, two cats at my head and a dog insisting on laying on top of me! Ok, that's not so bad because the cats start grooming each other (aw) and Nicki relaxes somewhat and lays beside me... so I start drifting off to sleep...

Then I hear this pathetic cry. I SWEAR it was another cat in the room. Nicki, Pouncer and I are looking at Allen like he's just channeled a ghost through him. I have NEVER heard that sound come from him! I've listened to his meows, whines, and cries for three years - and not once have I ever heard this one! I honestly didn't think it was him - I was sure another cat somehow found its way into my bedroom!

Then he does the cry again. and again. The brat was NOT happy that Nicki was in bed at an unscheduled time! The had his head pulled back so that his chin was resting on his chest and airplane ears ready for takeoff! Pouncer looked scared and looked at me as if to say, "what do I do mommy?" So he slithers in between the two and nestled into Allen.... who was still NOT happy, but relaxed a little. I got up to take a picture as proof that all three be within inches of each other but as soon as I did, all three scattered!

And no, I still haven't taken my nap.:(

CatDad
02-18-2004, 12:54 PM
It sounds cute, all except for the demon that possed Allen for a while. I think I know that sound and it is not pretty. It does just sound like an interuption in a schedule.

I know really well how hard those type of pictures are to get. I think that they look cute on purpose and then won't let you get a picture of it.:)

Well better luck next time.

Edwina's Secretary
02-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Edwina does NOT like to share me with Eddie in any case, but ESPECIALLY at nap/sleep time. I cannot even bear to think what her reaction would be to a dog joining us!

jenluckenbach
02-18-2004, 04:21 PM
ROTFLOL!

catmandu
02-19-2004, 11:55 AM
I know that my Cat ,the Original poncer , 1984 -1993 , ilikes to visit her little Namesake , I just hope that shes not a Polter Cat , scaring all those she visits. I dont think so , as she was such a quiet Cat!

catnapper
02-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
I know that my Cat ,the Original poncer , 1984 -1993 , ilikes to visit her little Namesake , I just hope that shes not a Polter Cat , scaring all those she visits. I dont think so , as she was such a quiet Cat!

Well I hope the original Pouncer watches over my Pouncer - I think she was yesterday when the doors were wide open! I highly doubt she was being vocal and being channeled through Allen yesterday! He's just a grumpy young man who has to have things HIS way, and Nicki on the bed was not going according to his royalty's plans!