PDA

View Full Version : So lonely here :(

DogLover9501
02-18-2004, 06:58 AM
Well its almost 9:30AM, We dropped Jasper off at the vet at about 8:30 to be neutered, they put him in a cage to wait, because we were 15 mins early, and he started to cry :(

He weighed 34.7 LBs :eek: I thought he was going to be more though because he was 19 LBs two months ago. Anyway when they asked if we'd like blood work before putting him to sleep my mom said "No Thanks" :mad: He's never had blood work before and I think we should have? :confused:

Well they told us we could call out at lunch time to check on him, just two and a half hours before I can do that :p and just 6 or so hours until hes back home with me, It's so nice, quiet and peacefull here lol BUT a little bit TOO quiet and peacefull, I still cannot wait to have him back here with me :D

Well just wanted to share that, and to pass some time away, posting on PT lol

DogLover9501
02-18-2004, 09:04 AM
Just another half hour :) before I call out!

Also I will have :eek:PICTURES:eek: lol of Jasper wearing his cone in the next little while!

lv4dogs
02-18-2004, 09:46 AM
congrats on getting neutered! hope everything goes smoothly & cant wait for cone pics, they are so funny!

Logan
02-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Hopefully everything will go just fine. I've only had the blood testing done for one of my dogs before anesthesia, and it was Murphy, who had some major surgery last year on one of her ears, and the vet suggested it because she was already 13 years old at the time of the surgery.

Good luck today, and keep us posted.

Logan

My Peanuts
02-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Waiting has got to be the worst part. Sylvia is getting spayed tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it. When Harley was altered he was at the shelter and we only met him the day before, so the waiting wasn't so bad. Jasper will be fine and keep us posted when he gets home.:)

ramanth
02-18-2004, 12:06 PM
I know it's lonely now, but Jasper will be home soon! :D

DogLover9501
02-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Okay well I called at 12, and they said he was fine, it was done, and everything went okay.

They also had to check his skin, I asked them too because hes always so itchy! And the doctor called me back just then, and said it seems like hes alergic to most meats :eek: Because I told him he broke out with my mom gave him turkey, chicken and steak(at different times) and he told me to switch to pedigree Lamb and rice because hes already on pedigree, but I wanted to switch to a different brand.

Anyway we are leaving in a half hour to go get him and I cannot wait :D

DogLover9501
02-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Also if switching foods dont help, and he still seems to have alergic reactions, he may have to go on alergy pills for the rest of his life!

trayi52
02-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Great to hear everything went well for Jasper! I know the waiting is the hardest part. I usually aggravate the vet to death between the time I take them in and pick them up.

Like I will call and ask "Have you done it yet?", and then its 'are they awake yet?' and on and on.

I am glad things went so well with Jasper, keep us posted.

Willie

EssTer
02-18-2004, 01:04 PM
IŽm glad Jasper is OK... Also I hope heŽll be better when youŽll change food ;)

countrycowgirl
02-18-2004, 01:37 PM
i am gald to know jasper did great can't wait to see cone pics;)

DogLover9501
02-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Jasper is home now.

When we went in, I went back to the cages, and he got so excited when he seen me, wagging his little stubby, then his vet said to come out and deal with the bill first and then we'll go back in and get him. So I went back out with my mom, and he started crying, so she told me I could go back in with him and wait :) and he was okay then.

They said he threw up alot of un-digested food:( He didnt eat since 7-8 last night so I dont know why it would be un-digested.

He is laying on my bed right now, eating a denti-stix?? I think its called, he doesnt really want it, or even a little drink :eek: strange for Jasper lol, Im sure he'll be back to normal tomorrow or the next day.

The first person he wanted to see when we got home was my grandfather, who lives in the same house, upstairs. So I carried him up and layed him on the couch with him for a while, and he was so excited. And the whole time he was up there my grandfather was saying things like "you're some puppy dog" and "What did they do to ya?" or "Were they bad to you?" lol

He also has a cone, that he hates, but I am only going to put it on him at night, maybe not even then if he doesnt seem to be licking at himself.

Well, just an update :) I know neutering isnt a huge serious thing :p

My Peanuts
02-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
I know neutering isnt a huge serious thing :p

IT IS TO JASPER!;)

I'm glad he is home and all is well.

dukedogsmom
02-19-2004, 06:10 AM
Glad he's home and doing ok. I know how empty the house can be when they aren't there. That week that Duke was sick was a long and lonely one. Where's our pics?

cloverfdx
02-19-2004, 06:41 AM
Glad to hear lil Jasper came through the neutering well.

That is too bad about his food allergies but hopefully he will do better on some different food. Good luck.

Also now that imagestation is working for me again i uploaded a whole heap of Jasper sigs i have been making for you over the last few weeks. :) Hope you like them.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/pac72d9cee3a5defd192d9d8246d90580/f993dffa.jpg
My favourite :D

And now the not so good ones. ;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/pe1431ef90992ed0ee899266e9fdcbbc8/f99ed14e.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p6a3b73fd453fcfc8a2e85e15db03c295/f99ed150.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/paa6595381bad6abebf23a0d5eaf26c7b/f99ed152.jpg
Needs to be shrunk a lil bit.

DogLover9501
02-19-2004, 11:41 AM
:eek: Wow they are beautiful, the 3rd one is my favorite :D

Thanks for them all, I appreciate it, I will use them all up soon;) Thanks!

cloverfdx
02-19-2004, 10:57 PM
No problems anything for that sweet Boxer baby :D

And dont worry you dont have to use the sigs if you dont want to.

How is Jasper today?