PDA

View Full Version : Caught him in the act!!

Sirrahsim
02-17-2004, 05:35 PM
I thought something was odd yesterday when I heard the term "Meowmie" escape Paul's lips without a negative connotation. Then I woke up this morning and I KNOW that my husband must be ill or something. I guess he must not have known that I was awake, cause I heard my big manly hunny in the hallway sweet talking with Boomer!! It was the most adorable thing in the world! I couldn't hear everything, but I could see that he was laying on his stomach on the floor petting Boomer. He was saying adorable things like "How's Mommy's kitty doing today?" "Ahhh do you like it when i scratch your chin like that" and "You're gonna be a good boy for your mommy today, right?" I just about melted. :D :) :) :) I still haven't told him that I heard him, so he's at work now thinking that his big secret is safe:D I know for a fact that he'll deny it and tell me it was a dream if I ask him about it, but I know it wasn't. I was bright eyed and bushy tailed:) If only I could've taken a picture

catnapper
02-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Hee hee hee hee! My hubby was the same way! What is it with men that they think they have to hide the fact that they love their pets? Not all men, as we have several PTers that openly adore their pets! But it took Grant quite a while to admit that he told the cat he loved him!

Its only a matter of time that he admits it!:D

catnapper
02-17-2004, 06:12 PM
OMG! I'm sitting here and what do I hear from my husband who's sitting on the bed with the cats? "You're the king... you're the king, aren't you?" Then he turns to Pouncer and says, "yeah, and you're the prince." All the while, petting them and cooing to them!:rolleyes:

It really does do a heart good!

amoore
02-17-2004, 07:31 PM
That is so sweet! It is also kind of funny that he thinks his secret is safe. hee hee hee hee!:) How cute!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-17-2004, 09:02 PM
Awww...that's so sweet! You might want to keep it as your little secret for a little while. I know you'd hate to break the bond that seems to be growing between them. Hubby might feel a little silly if you tell him, and then he will be less likely to do it again in the event you're not sleeping again.

But I know what you mean. Terry is on his computer right now and guess who's on his lap? Yep, his little sweetie pie Peanut. They have a new little dance they do. Peanut goes up to him and meows like she wants up, but she won't jump up. So he reaches down to pick her up and she runs away, then when he turns back to the computer she goes up and meows again and this time allows him to pick her up and then she settles right in on his lap and he coos to her as he's web surfing. It's so adorable to watch. :D

amoore
02-17-2004, 09:41 PM
I really love storys like this! It is so sweet! I can't help but get a big smile. :)

CatDad
02-17-2004, 10:18 PM
How great is that, at least you know that he really like little boomer.:) Of course you already knew that.

Hopefully your husband will be able to admit that he really likes Boomer, someday anyway.:)

kimlovescats
02-17-2004, 10:32 PM
HOW SWEET!!!!!!! Just tell him you won't "tell the guys"!!! ;) :D

Sirrahsim
02-17-2004, 11:43 PM
*grin* I love both of my men so much:):):) I also love hearing stories like this. You're probably right T&P'sMom, I think I will keep it my secret for a while at least:) Peanut's little dance sounds so cute:) And Catnapper, that's so sweet:) I love when men talk to their animals. It is the sweetest thing:):)
For now it's my little secret:)

Barbara
02-18-2004, 07:49 AM
You should keep the secret at least until he says "Where is *daddy's* little boy?":D

Around here I come home from work to three men (2 of them cats) who have been talking sweet all day long:D :D :D

catlover4ever
02-18-2004, 08:27 AM
My hubby is the same way, however I too have cought him red handed !!!:rolleyes: Just yesterday morning, he got up at 5 to go to work and I stayed in bed because I had a super love bug laying on side of me under the covers (ABNER) and when Mark came to give me a kiss goodbye, he thought I was sound asleep, but I was not and I caught him giving Abner a head rub and a big KISS on the head. :eek: :eek:

catmandu
02-18-2004, 09:01 AM
There is absolutely nothing wrong , with talking to theCats , as even if they dont understand exactly what you are saying , they do undesrstand yor tone of voice , and apppreciate the LOVE> I even talk to the Cat Angels!

Felicia's Mom
02-18-2004, 12:46 PM
That would have been cute to see!