PDA

View Full Version : they called it 'puppy love'

RICHARD
02-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Boy marries puppy

A tribal priest in eastern India has married a five year old boy to a dog to keep evil spirits away from him and his family.

Bonjh Gope conducted the marriage of Samir Mudiya to a puppy on the concluding day of a three day tribal festival at Kuluptanaga in Jharkhand state.

The Press Trust of India reports that guests who came to see the "newly wed couple" danced to drum beats and were served home brewed beer and local delicacies.

The groom's father Shanbabu claimed that four such marriages had taken place this year.

It is reported he said he believed "such marriages would keep the boy, the family as well as society at large away from the evil eye."

A police spokesman said: "We have never heard of such a case. We will have to seek legal opinion before taking action."

Story filed: 10:49 Tuesday 17th February 2004

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank god it was only evil spirits........

:eek:

slick
02-17-2004, 04:51 PM
You having a slow day Richard????:) ;)

RICHARD
02-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by slick
You having a slow day Richard????:) ;)

lolololol..

I am just looking to make up for the past three weeks....

And don't tell me you aren't enjoying it.......

I think I am possessed today.....:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

RICHARD
02-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Man dies after marrying dog for luck

A Nepalese man has died three days after marrying a dog in the hope it would bring him good luck.

Phulram Chaudhary died after he had tied the knot with the dog, reports daily Gorkhapatra.

The 75-year-old, from Durgauli in Kailali district, was reportedly followed a practice prevalant in the Tharu community which believes that an old man who regrows teeth must take a dog as a bride

The wedding was attended by the man's son and other relatives

The paper said: "He thought the marriage would avert a great misfortune at a later stage of life but he died within a few days."

Story filed: 10:59 Thursday 5th February 2004

slick
02-17-2004, 05:43 PM
That's why I'm not dying to get married......:D :D

catland
02-17-2004, 06:37 PM
This calls for a constitutional amendment!:eek: :eek: :p