PDA

View Full Version : House plants?

tikeyas_mom
02-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Do you have house plants?

My mom has lots...
In my room all I have is a Bamboo twirl thing hahaha. I really would love to have a bright colored Cactus though, they are so pretty.. :p...
I love plants :D.. I just love gardening too.. I have my own garden in the backyard. it is a pumpkin path. I tend to it and grow it every late summer :p..

Tweety_Pie
02-17-2004, 04:05 PM
i have a cactus lol

Amber
02-17-2004, 04:07 PM
I have no plants..They all die on me...lol

But somtimes my mom gets plants in the summer time. :)

amoore
02-17-2004, 04:09 PM
I had a little greenhouse added for my house plants. I enjoy them very much! I garden also. The house plants are so neat. gives me a green place with flowers even in the winter!:) My frogs has a pretty place to be also! :D

slleipnir
02-17-2004, 04:47 PM
We have like 1..at my dads. My mom has a TON of plants..

wolfsoul
02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
I only have a bunch of dried flowers.

My mom has lots of plants though. She has these ones that are sooo cool. They are these really fuzzy purple flowers in a big bunch, and they make this sweet liquid. So you just go and lick the flowers LOL. They taste really good. I don't know what they are; they aren't honeysuckles. The liquid comes out onto the flower petals.

amoore
02-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I only have a bunch of dried flowers.

My mom has lots of plants though. She has these ones that are sooo cool. They are these really fuzzy purple flowers in a big bunch, and they make this sweet liquid. So you just go and lick the flowers LOL. They taste really good. I don't know what they are; they aren't honeysuckles. The liquid comes out onto the flower petals.

Ask your mom what kind the fuzzy purple flowers are, I would like to find one like that! It sounds like a pretty one to have. And sweet too!:D

wolfsoul
02-17-2004, 05:55 PM
My mom said she doesn't remember what it's called. :( She said it's actually dead now lol. I would have taken a picture. She said that it lived wonderfully when we lived downstairs, but as soon as we moved upstairs it died. Odd, since it got no light down there. :confused: She said that when she was a kid, her grandma would have her window filled with them, and every time her and her sisters went over there, they'd sit on the window ledge and just lick the flowers hehe. She'll ask her sisters if they remember what kind of flower it is. :)

amoore
02-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Thankyou, Wolfsoul I would like that! Thank your mom for me also.:)

G.P.girl
02-17-2004, 06:14 PM
my mom has all these plants. she loves them,. but when ever iget one they all die. i had this tree thing andd it was supposed to get really big an di had it for about 3 years (the longest i've ever kept one) and it barley grew a couple inches, but then i gave it to my mom and it grew like a weed:rolleyes:

Nomilynn
02-17-2004, 07:25 PM
My cats destroy any kind of greenery, whether it's dried, potted, or even fake. So, I'm plantless :p

dukedogsmom
02-17-2004, 08:55 PM
I would love to have a lot of plants inside but I'm a plant killer. I have a rose bush outside, though. Everything else I've tried to grow dies.

wolfsoul
02-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Sorry Amoore, I'm having no luck remembering to ask my aunt lol. My mom is just as bad as I am. As soon as I get around to actually remembering, I'll let you know! Lol. :o

ChiRen
02-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Nope, in our house it's all fake plants.

I have a bunch of dried roses and stuff in my room, but they aren't exactly living. :p;)

We do have a few pots outside with some flowers and stuff, but that's about it. :p

Desert Arabian
02-27-2004, 08:35 PM
No, because there are so many that are deadly to rats and cats- and we don't want to risk them getting to them.

amoore
02-27-2004, 09:00 PM
I have a little green house I keep my plants in. Cats does not go in there or they would dine on frogs.:eek: The green house is built on to the house.

My mom also has house plants in her house but she keeps the room closed off from from her chihuahua. The room is a guest bed room. The flowers make it look really pretty, gives it a kind of a pretty tropical look. :)

Felicia's Mom
02-27-2004, 09:01 PM
I have four plants, only one is in my apartment. That one is in a hanging planter so the cats don't eat the leaves. The other three are on my cubicle at work.