PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question ;)

slleipnir
02-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Ok, I have probably the stupidest question possible..lol. I bought a small cactus today..and I really don't know how to care for it. The tag just says bright light and it only needs food in spring in summer or something -_-' So how often do I water it and such?? I looked on a website, and it said 'if it's this type..yada yada' and they had like 50 million types so I have no idea. I honestly don't care for plants..we probably have 1 real one in our whole house and it only needs water every so often..I like cacti for some reason. I shall call him Cactor ;) hehe. He shall be the start of my new cactor nation. (Don't ask..it's from a game ;))

RICHARD
02-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Ok, I have probably the stupidest question possible..lol. I bought a small cactus today..and I really don't know how to care for it. The tag just says bright light and it only needs food in spring in summer or something -_-' So how often do I water it and such??

once a week.....

Cacti live with very little water.

slleipnir
02-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Ok, thanks :o

Tweety_Pie
02-17-2004, 03:48 PM
lol, with my cactus.. the people told me to water it once a month.. lol..

:p are you going to name it?

tikeyas_mom
02-17-2004, 03:53 PM
I want a cactus

Kfamr
02-17-2004, 03:56 PM
We have tons of cacti, and barely EVER water them

Don't water it too much at a time, because that can kill it.

Years ago I found this small, almost dead cactus by our oaktree.
It was about and inch long, a half inch wide, and yellow.

I planted it in a pot, and now it's about the same width, but around two feet high and green! :eek: :p

amoore
02-17-2004, 04:34 PM
If you live in a place that has high humidity you can go a month or two. Just water lightly. If you soak the soil too much the soil won't dry out enough. They die if the soil stays moist long.

There is some that like more water than others. I live in a land of cactus, There is months of no rain. They do well here.

There is certain kinds of catus that can't live here that don't like cold weather at all. I grow them in my green house. It is so humid in there that I never water them till sumer. Some of my indoor cactus are blooming now.

The hedge hog cactus is a very pretty one that blooms here outside in the spring. It can grow in doors or out side.

slleipnir
02-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Not sure what to name them :p There are 3..so would they count as one or 3...
http://tainted-sky.net/cacti_1.jpg

Thanks for the info ^_^