PDA

View Full Version : Please vote for Honey, Houdini and Ewok! They are in a contest and need votes!

luckies4me
02-17-2004, 03:12 PM
My furkids are in a contest and need votes. You can vote for each pet, and I would like to at least get them in the top 20, or so I'm hoping. :p Do you all mind voting for them? If you have more than one email account you can use as many as you have, just no duplicate voting from the same email. Here is where to vote for them:

Houdini
http://photocontest.hsus.org/moreinformation.asp?pet_id=3612&rank=1156

Honey my ratty
http://photocontest.hsus.org/moreinformation.asp?pet_id=3619&rank=1037

Ewok
http://photocontest.hsus.org/moreinformation.asp?pet_id=2357&rank=59

Thanks everyone!!!! :D

PJ's Mom
02-17-2004, 03:19 PM
How could we not vote for them! They're precious!! :D

(especially Honey) :D

luckies4me
02-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks! :D

luckies4me
02-17-2004, 05:48 PM
BUMP! :D

Dogz
02-18-2004, 04:43 AM
Of course I will vote for your beautiful babies!

I have four different email accounts, lol.:p

amoore
02-18-2004, 07:53 AM
I voted for all your sweet pets twice. They are so cute!

luckies4me
02-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Aww thanks everyone! :D

luckies4me
02-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Bumpity bump bump bump! :D

amoore
02-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Hope all your babies win! They are really cute!:)

luckies4me
02-20-2004, 11:06 AM

luckies4me
02-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Bump! :D

Come on, I know there are tons of people here who can vote!

amoore
02-23-2004, 03:29 PM
I opened up another mail account so they all got another vote.

Now I have three email accounts. LOL! :D

luckies4me
02-23-2004, 04:58 PM
I guess no one wants to vote for my pets. :( This thread has been around for a long time, and no one but two people replied, and then all of a sudden KayAnn enters and everyone votes for them, and we go unnoticed. :( I don't understand why anyone else hasn't replied. :(

luckies4me
02-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by amoore
I opened up another mail account so they all got another vote.

Now I have three email accounts. LOL! :D

If the accounts have the same name on them they won't count. :( Plus, it can get us eleminated. :(

captain
02-23-2004, 05:04 PM
I voted ........ for all 3!!!

Sorry it took me so long, ............. work is chaos .....!
Good Luck!

amoore
02-23-2004, 05:22 PM
No it don't have the same name. I used my maiden name and it is at Yahoo. I got cards in it that said your pets name.
It was cute there was a little mouse in my mail box, the first time i open it!:D and a welcome to yahoo.

Kfamr
02-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I guess no one wants to vote for my pets. :( This thread has been around for a long time, and no one but two people replied, and then all of a sudden KayAnn enters and everyone votes for them, and we go unnoticed. :( I don't understand why anyone else hasn't replied. :(

WTF?

I've known about this contest for a while, and i've been meaning to enter. I just needed to get my father's permission to enter under his name as you have to be 18. You seem as if you're saying i'm not supposed to enter or ask for votes as well.

Who cares anyways, really. It's a contest. Not a life or death situation. There's no reason for you to post a million sad faces and make me feel horrible for entering, when i've been meaning to anyways.

captain
02-23-2004, 05:34 PM
It is irrelevant on who was in the competition first ........ I voted for both of you ...........

luckies ............ don't be sad ..... I think Miss Meow said it best. Not everyone who voted may have typed a reponse in this thread or in Kay's thread ....

Good Luck to both of you

K9soul
02-23-2004, 06:41 PM
I tend to check the dog general forum the most often so I know I tend to miss things in general. I check mostly while working so I try not to get too caught up for too long with reading here (doesn't always work!)

I've posted some threads that barely got any response, and others that I was truly surprised how many people responded! I think it just varies from time to time, sometimes I browse topics and only respond to a couple and plan to come back later to respond more and forget! I have noticed sometimes too someone will revive an older thread and a bunch of people respond who didn't the first time around! It always varies but try to not take it personally or take it to mean people don't care! :)

I noticed Ewok is getting up there in votes! I have also voted :)

Good luck!

luckies4me
02-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
WTF?

I've known about this contest for a while, and i've been meaning to enter. I just needed to get my father's permission to enter under his name as you have to be 18. You seem as if you're saying i'm not supposed to enter or ask for votes as well.

Who cares anyways, really. It's a contest. Not a life or death situation. There's no reason for you to post a million sad faces and make me feel horrible for entering, when i've been meaning to anyways.

Please don't curse at me. I could care less if you were getting votes, that's not the point. I can post whatever I want, it's a forum and I am entitled to my own opinion, whether you like it or not.

It's the fact there there are "favorites" here at Pet Talk, which is sad. It's not just this post of mine, it's others as well. I have posted I don't know how many threads and get very little views and responses, and so do a lot of other members here. It's very unfortunate because if people would read these posts they would know that other members have something to contribute here as well.

captain
02-23-2004, 06:50 PM
STOP IT ..........!

Sometimes we CANNOT get to all the threads ...... I am sorry I missed your threads, and anyone elses.

Please, we voted, we care ............ move on!
Could you take your discussions with each other to PM's?

luckies4me
02-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by captain
STOP IT ..........!

Sometimes we CANNOT get to all the threads ...... I am sorry I missed your threads, and anyone elses.

Please, we voted, we care ............ move on!
Could you take your discussions with each other to PM's?

Captain, it's the fact that it ALWAYS happens. Not just to me, to a LOT of other people here at Pet Talk. When certain people make threads they got thousands of replies..yes I am exaggerating. I see it so much that I have to come here to try to up the threads for the people, because it's either posted by a newbie or someone who is not as "popular". It's like highschool, there are cliques here, and there are many.

I won't move onto PM's because I see no need to argue about it anymore. I was merely stating my opinion, and I know there are others here who feel the same way, as it's been told to me many times. I am not the only one noticing. I am sorry I picked KayAnns thread to point this out, and probably should have just kept my mouth shut, and for that I apologize.

Steffi N
02-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Cass, I voted for your babies too. :) :) :)

luckies4me
02-23-2004, 07:49 PM
Thanks very much. :)

luckies4me
02-24-2004, 10:59 AM

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-24-2004, 01:10 PM
I just saw your post and voted for your furbabies! I just love the picture of Honey!

luckies4me
02-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Thank you very much. :)

trayi52
02-24-2004, 01:56 PM
I voted a few days ago, just haven't responded to this post. I hope they win Cass. Good Luck!!

Willie:)

luckies4me
02-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks Tray.

Houdini really needs votes! She is so low right now. :( So I am bumping this up! :D

I took the time to vote for other peoples pets too. Some of the pets in this contest only have one or two votes. :( One doggie was named Ewok, a little yorkie and he had 0 votes, so of course I had to vote for him with such a great name and all. :D :p

luckies4me
02-25-2004, 09:28 PM
BUMP!

guster girl
02-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey, I voted for your little ones. I think my favorite is your rat, Honey. I have a hairless rat named Luli. I may enter her as well! :) And, anyone that wants to vote for a couple other pets from Pet Talk, several others have entered....they're all such cute pics, too. You can vote for Lock in Texas and also for Finn in Texas, if you like the photos I took of them. This contest is cool. I don't care about even winning, I just love all the photos! :) Good luck with your babies!!! Especially Honey! ;)

luckies4me
02-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Thanks very much! I voted for the others as well. Some of the photos there and the stories are just heart warming. My main focus right now is good ratty PR, so others can see how truly special our rats are to us.

Do you have a pic of your hairless girl? I have a hairless girl named Wrinkles! :D

guster girl
02-25-2004, 09:42 PM
I know what you mean! People are usually just grossed out by the tail. I am always running my mouth at pet stores about how awesome rats are. I got a lady to buy her seven year old a rat, because she was asking the store employee what would be the best caged animal for a young kid. I sold her on this small hooded female that they had there. She was cream and white, very pretty. :) My hairless rat, Luli, is such a sweetheart. I just love her to pieces, and, yes, I have several photos of her. I will post them tonight when I get to my computer at home. She's a real cutie. Do you have any of Wrinkles? Luli is getting older, and, she looks so much wrinklier now! Someone said once that she looked like an armadillo in one of her wrinklier poses. ;)

luckies4me
02-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Here's a pic of Wrinkles wrinkles. :p

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/My%20Dwarf%20Hamsters/Rats/Wrinkleswrinkles.jpg

guster girl
02-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Here's my Luli girl! :) That's actually my name on Guster's website....and, here, I'm Guster Girl. :) Anyway, I still can't figure out how to make the photo appear without a link.....

luckies4me
02-26-2004, 10:05 AM
OMG they look so much alike! :D

Go here and you can see another picture of her:

http://www15.brinkster.com/luckies4me/Wrinkles.html

guster girl
02-26-2004, 10:17 AM
I know! Luli, I think, would be hooded if she had fur. She is pink with dark patches of skin, like they'd be dark grey or something. I love my little lady. She is such a sweetheart.

amoore
02-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Cass, I love your picture of Wrinkles. I don't like my wrinkles but yours Wrinkles is cute!

Guster girl, Luli girl is a cutie too!

Thanks for sharing!:)