PDA

View Full Version : Sylvia is getting spayed on 2/19, for real this time!

My Peanuts
02-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Sylvia is going in to get spayed on Thursday. As some of you may remember, she was supposed to go in on December 2nd but she went into heat. Our vet prefers spaying when dogs aren't in heat and we get money off if she went in February. Anyway, it is really going to happen this time and now I'm freaking out more than I did last time! I'm so worried about her and I feel terrible because she has no idea what she's in for. To top it all off I'm the one that is dropping her off Thursday morning! Please give me all your words of wisdom; I think it will help me calm down. :(

wolfie
02-17-2004, 02:39 PM
It's better that she dosen't know what's happening! lol. ^_^

But don't worry - she'll be fine! When you come to pick her up she'll be a little out of it, but she'll be happy to be home, and in a couple of days she'll be back to her old self. :D

PJ's Mom
02-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Bailey was adopted from a shelter so she had to be spayed right after we got her. Trouble is, we didn't know she had already been spayed. Poor thing was cut open twice. :(

The point is, if Bailey can do it twice, your Sylvia girl won't have any problem having to do it once. ;) She'll be just fine. :)

Logan
02-17-2004, 03:16 PM
I am thinking that Sylvia will be just fine......just hoping her mom will fair as well!! LOL!!! Good luck!! And keep us posted. :)

CathyBogart
02-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Just think: She will live a longer, healthier life because of it. :)

anna_66
02-18-2004, 09:45 PM
Just take a big breath and calm down;)

She going to be just fine!

Karen
02-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Shiny silly Sylvia
Will do just fine, worrying mum
Though she doesn't know
She'd thank you if she knew

Shiny silly Sylvia
Will be shiny silly spayed Sylvie
And still as cute and wiggly
When all better she will be

Don't worry, mom,
She'll be glad to see you when it's over
And will forgive you instantly
Dogs are like that!

cloverfdx
02-18-2004, 11:40 PM
That is lovely Karen :)

I will keep Silvia (And Mom) in my thoughts that all goes well.

Pam
02-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Hugs, good wishes and prayers to you and Sylvia. I know she will be just fine but we wouldn't be normal if we didn't worry, would we? ;) Let us know how she is as soon as you hear. :)

tatsxxx11
02-19-2004, 06:02 AM
Try not to worry too much, Mom! We all know that bit of apprehension, but Sylvia will do just fine, I'm sure:) Give her an extra big hug for me. And please check in when you can!:) Sending lots of positive thoughts your way, Syliva and Mom!

micki76
02-19-2004, 08:17 AM
I’m thinking of you both this morning. Sylvia will do great! She’ll be home before you know it. :D

My Peanuts
02-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Thank you Karen & everyone for the kind words, they really make me feel better. It is about 11:15 am here and she is probably in surgery or done. I can call at 12:30 and I can pick her up after 4:00. I'm sure is she doing well, but she was crying like crazy when I brought her. The crying should have bothered me, but it didn't because Syl always acts this way in the car and in new places. This whole thing isn't a big deal and I'm usually not a worrier, but I am today! I'll keep you posted when I call at 12:30.

tatsxxx11
02-19-2004, 12:23 PM
6 minutes and counting!:D

My Peanuts
02-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Ok, I just got off the phone with the vet and the nurse said everything went great. Sylvia is resting and can come home after 4:00, which means I will be there at exactly 4:00:D Thanks again for the well wishes everyone.

Logan
02-19-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm so glad that Sylvia did well!!! :) Bless her heart. I know that her mom is going to take really, really good care of her when she gets home. Just be prepared for a very lethargic girl when she comes home today. I remember that Lilly had the major "throw ups" too, all bile.

Just take care of her and yourself!

Logan

tatsxxx11
02-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Woo hoo! Take a big deep sigh of relief, Mom!:D I was going to offer the same advice as Logan. Being fresh out of anesthesia, she will be sleepy and might upchuck a bit. But what will make her feel best of all is being home with Mom!:) Give the brave little patient a gentle kiss from me!

trayi52
02-19-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm impressed, you are lucky that you can bring her home the same day. The vet here makes us wait until the next morning. Really drove me nuts when I had to wait for Grover to come home the next morning. I lost my little bed buddy for a night.

I am so glad to hear Sylvia came through the surgery so well. I am also glad to hear you came through okay too. You will soon have your baby back in your arms.

Willie

tatsxxx11
02-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Is she home Yet??? How's she doing??? Us Pet Talk aunties need an update!:D Hope all is well; check in when you can:)

My Peanuts
02-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Sylvia is home! We went at exactly 4:00pm and she was ready to come home. She came home and started to sleep on my bed. After it looked like she was settling down she started throwing up. Syl threw up all over my bed, but she is ok now. In fact, she just jumped off the couch when I came in here to go on the computer. I yelled at my parents and brother because they were supposed to be watching her, but they all said she did it so fast they couldn't stop her. The cutest thing of all is that Harley keeps checking on her every few minutes. I think Harley is more worried than the rest of the family at this point. He's a good nurse. Plus, the doctor pulled some puppy teeth while Sylvia was under. So poor Syl got spayed, micro chipped, had her nails cut, and her teeth pulled. She is gonna be pretty sore all over in the morning.

My Peanuts
02-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Here she is right now. She is sleeping on my mom on the couch. She looks pretty good to me; better than I would if I just had surgery!

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/28034c87.jpg

anna_66
02-19-2004, 09:46 PM
I'm so glad to hear everything went well with Sylvia & she's doing good!
Kisses to you, you cutie pie!

cloverfdx
02-19-2004, 11:29 PM
That is great news. I am glad Sylvia is home and well. :)

((Hugs))

RobiLee
02-20-2004, 04:26 PM
I love the picture. Sylvia is such a cutie. I'm so glad that things went well and she is feeling better. She sure did have a big day at the vets. Give hugs to Sylvia for me please!

Robin :)

Pam
02-20-2004, 05:04 PM
AWW precious widdle Sylvia sure got the works!! I hope that her tummy settles down soon and she will start feeling like her old self real soon! Harley is just too cute, worrying about his sis! :)

tatsxxx11
02-20-2004, 05:40 PM
What a brave little girl you are Syl!:) Wow, you had a BIG day a the white coats!!!:eek: But it sounds like you've got lots of humans (and Harley too!!!:)) there to make you comfy cozy! Hope your upset tummy's better now, sweetie. Love and hugs precious girl!!!! Sandra

K9soul
02-20-2004, 05:47 PM
So glad Sylvia is through the worst part! Give that little pug nose a kiss from me!

lizbud
02-20-2004, 06:37 PM
It's good to know that Sylvia is home and doing well.:) She
is such a cute pugie girl. I hope she gets lots of rest & heals up
quick.:)

KYS
02-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Speedy recovery for Sylvia and glad she is home safe and well.