PDA

View Full Version : Toys

jenfer
02-17-2004, 10:15 AM
I have a question about toys. Right now when I leave for work I give Gigi a kong filled with treats and some PB. But I doubt that whether she "plays" with it. And I also give her 2 soft toys and 2 bones too. But for "me", those seems to be boring toy. Is that enough? Do any of you have suggestions? And when we are home she loooooooooooooves her rawhide sticks. Are they good toys? And sometimes I throw her her toy and she retreives them. Or I will drag her toy and she will chase it. I just want some ideas to keep her busy and entertained. We still don't walk too much outside. But when the weather gets better we will. Thank you. :)

ramanth
02-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Sounds like you are doing a good job already of keeping her entertained. :)

Sometimes, if I think Kia is getting bored with her old toys, I'll take her to PetCo or Pet Supplies Plus and I'll see if there is any toy she reacts too and I'll get it for her.

I don't give Kia a stuffed kong everyday, that makes it all the more special when she does get it. She usually gets peanut butter and doesn't have to work too hard to get that out, but if I wedge an especially tempting treat, she will toss the toy, bite it, ect. to try and get it out.

lv4dogs
02-17-2004, 12:16 PM
i wouldnt give rawhides if your not there.

but kongs are great. you can also hide little treats around the house so she has to search for them. Also buster cubes/balls are good toys.
I rotate my toys (i have a bunch of them so i divide them into a few groups) I leave out one group for a couple/few days then take them all away & give them another batch, they think they are new toys & have a blast all over again.

jenfer
02-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Gigi only gets rawhide when I am home. She only gets rawhide when I am home. I just want to get her fun and interesting toys when I am not home (or at home).

Aspen and Misty
02-17-2004, 01:25 PM
I am a firm beleaver in Kongs ONLY while not home. Stuffed toys have string and stuffing. Breeze has chocked on the stuffing of her soft toys and I had to pull it out for her. She has also swolled blanket parts and got them in her belly, luckily she later threw them up. I don't think anything should be left with your dog or in reach of your dog but a kong when you aren't there. They will play with it.

Ashley

*LabLoverKEB*
02-17-2004, 06:45 PM
These are fun, for Sadie, lol
http://www.petco.com/assets/product_images/4/4258387963B.jpg

See if your doggy likes these!:)