PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP Finding A Dog A New Home!

FizzGiggs_Mommy
02-17-2004, 07:32 AM
Hello Everybody I hope you all can help me. I am helping my sister find her Bulldog/Old English Bull dog Mix a good home. Her and her boyfriend are spliting and she can not take him with her. We are in the southern New Jersey area. If you no any one please let me no.

catnapper
02-17-2004, 07:36 AM
How old is he? My husband and son LOVE bulldogs... we weren't in the market for a new dog, but you never know......

FizzGiggs_Mommy
02-17-2004, 07:44 AM
He is 5years, is crate trained but is not altered He is a nice dog. I would take him but I have three and that is enought for me.

CathyBogart
02-17-2004, 09:41 AM
*bump*

ramanth
02-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Have you contacted any local rescue groups? I wish I could help out, but I'm at my pet limit.

FizzGiggs_Mommy
02-17-2004, 10:42 AM
I have contacted the local shelters BUT they kill after a certin length and I WILL not let him go there for that reason. Worse come to worse I will take him in until I find a sutible hime for him. Of course my HUsband is going to flip a gasket if it come to it but ow well he will just have to get over it:D :D I have looked up some Bulldog rescues and am going to call soon. I will keep you all posted

Logan
02-17-2004, 10:56 AM
You need to find an English Bulldog rescue group. Gosh, I wish I could be the one to take him as he is my "dream" dog. But my 4 current ones, plus the cats and birds, require far too much expense and attention for me to even think of adding another to the fold right now. :( I might still mention it to my husband.

I'm going to do some quick research on English Bulldog rescue in order to try to help you out. They are hard to find in rescue, so I feel he could be placed easily, in the right situation.

Logan

catnapper
02-17-2004, 02:14 PM
I'm sad to say that my dear hubby thinks its not the right time to bring another dog into the house.:( I wish you luck in finding the perfect home for him!

PS: We'd really LOVE to have him, but right now with me starting out my own business, money is tighter than usual and we don't need to add to the list of mouths to feed.

mugsy
02-17-2004, 04:10 PM
I emailed the link to a friend in Jersey who happens to be a PT member, but, rarely visits because of work and transport coordinating. We'll see if she can help....if not, she may know people who could.

DieselsMom
02-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Got your message, Molly!

Do you have a picture of your sister's dog? I may know of someone who can help. You can e-mail the picture to me if possible - [email protected] or [email protected]. Also, if you could let me know what town your sister lives in, it'd help.

You have to be careful when you place this breed of dog, especially when the dog hasn't been altered. The rescue I know of is top notch. I'm praying she's got room!

Whatever you do, please DO NOT place a "free to good home" ad anywhere! That's one of the worst things to do because you never can be sure that it truly is a good home. Good rescue groups carefully screen the homes they place dogs in, to make sure they'll be taken care of properly and they've got strict contracts that insure the safety of the dog for the rest of it's life.

--Carol

Shelteez2
02-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Here is the rescue roster for bulldog rescue in the states.

http://www.rescuebulldogs.org/rescueroster/rescueroster.htm

I SO wish you were closer to me as my co-worker's husband really wants a bulldog, but you don't see many in rescue around here. Good luck with getting this guy a home.

mugsy
02-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Carol, really needs the picture and more info so she can try to help!!

BUMP