PDA

View Full Version : A sad day for me, but hopefull better days ahead for my kittens.

Fox-Gal
02-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Well I took my found kittens off to a shelter/vet today so hopefully they can all find wonderfull and loving homes.

It was a sad day for me, I will miss those little guys and their cute faces, but I feel they will get a home soon.

Thanks to delidog and the SPCA we found a vet office that offered to take my found kittens and find them a good home. I drove them down today to the vets office that the SPCA set up for me and they where so happy to see the kittens. They grabed them up and off they went with my babies, loving on them. I had to stop them and say "hold on let me at least say by" Before I had even made it out the door they where on the phone calling a woman they knew to inform her that they had kittens in and to come look. I guess she had been asking about kittens for awhile. So maybe one already has a new home with a loving woman.

So it was a happy day and a sad day all in one. I know I did the right thing.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/p13ebbbc4de1a321729eec9c26a8a7b4e/f99cf0a0.jpg

slick
02-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Talk about mixed emotions. I just could not do it, it would be too painful for me. Hopefully they will all find loving furever homes :)

kimlovescats
02-16-2004, 10:57 PM
You did a WONDERFUL thing!!! Great job!!! :)

CatDad
02-16-2004, 11:09 PM
You did a great thing. I am both happy that they will go to good homes and sad for you, I know that you will miss them.

Once again you did a good thing taking them in and raising them.

catcrazylady
02-17-2004, 05:52 AM
It sounds like you found a wonderful place that will place them to good people. I know it must have really hurt to hand them over but think about how well they will do because you took them in. You showed them love and kindness and they will show that to their new people. They are going to be wonderful additions to anybody's home. Besides...who could not LOVE, ADORE, and KISS those sweet faces!!!!:D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catnapper
02-17-2004, 07:26 AM
You did great! Think about all of those kitties finding a loving home - because it seems that the office you took them to won;t just hand them oujt to the first person asking. It looks like they care and love the animals too.

catmandu
02-17-2004, 09:03 AM
I know that it is sad to part , with those Little Faces , but you did your part , and now they have to go out in the World. We at the Found Cats are praying that they fing Good Homes m, and now you will have room , in case more Cats or Kittens need a good Home. Bless you , for caring Found Cats Salute You! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWW!

Fox-Gal
02-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Mixed emotions is right, Slick. Sometimes doing the right things sucks.

I will miss them and I know Cali is really missing them today. She keeps running back and forth to the screen porch and looking for them, they were her play mates. She even starting caring for them as if she was the mother. The other day I found her licking the 2 at the same time. One lick for you and one lick for you, it was so cute. I guess Cali's just going to have to be happy licking on me from now on. :D

No more strays for me.......I can't take it again. knowing that is a lie.

kimlovescats
02-17-2004, 01:09 PM
I hear you LOUD and CLEAR! Imagine taking in over 60 ... many of which were "sooooo adorable" and then having to say goodbye and put them someone else's care..... :( :(

All I can say, is it will get better ... and you WILL realize you have done the best thing!!!! ;)

Fox-Gal
02-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
I hear you LOUD and CLEAR! Imagine taking in over 60 ... many of which were "sooooo adorable" and then having to say goodbye and put them someone else's care..... :( :(

All I can say, is it will get better ... and you WILL realize you have done the best thing!!!! ;)

Over 60 cats and you had to say by to all of them!! :eek: NOooooo I couldn't do that, I'm worried about just my few kittens. If I had to worry about 60, I'd turn gray headed and go insane too. Your a stronger woman then I could ever be. Hats off to you.

I did call today just to see how they where doing, they have names now and so far have a clean bill of health from the vet. They told me that the girls there are spoiling them rotton, So I'd say they are happy. :) :)

PayItForward
02-17-2004, 05:12 PM
{{{Hugs}}} to you for being such a great foster mother and managing to let them go on to their furever homes.

Keep us updated when they are adopted :D

K & L
02-17-2004, 06:20 PM
You did a wonderful thing! That had to be hard for you. I'm glad they're in good hands all the way around.

amoore
02-17-2004, 07:25 PM
I know that was very sad for you, but you did a good thing. They are healthy beautiful kitties because you took good care of them. They will find good homes fast because of you good care.:)

lizbud
02-17-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal

No more strays for me.......I can't take it again. knowing that is a lie.

I secretly hope so.....:D You did a wonderful job with those
babies. Thanks to YOU, they have a great start in life.:)

Great job by Cali too .:D

rg_girlca
02-17-2004, 11:30 PM
How heartbreaking it is for you to let these babies go. But you did such a wonderful job taking care of them and socializing them to be wonderful kitties for others to enjoy. You should be proud of yourself on a job well done and take solace in knowing they will go to good, loving and caring forever homes.