PDA

View Full Version : Torti-tude, thy name is Cammie

kuhio98
02-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Here's Cammie Cat in all her tortitude glory. She loves my husband and stops purring at my touch. :rolleyes: Only kitty I've never known who hated my guts. Oh well, it's only been a year. Please tell me there is still hope. (She also hates Halo).

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/bab15343.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/f9994b54.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/f9994b58.jpg

slick
02-16-2004, 10:50 PM
As with people, not all cats love all hooomans. Don't take it personally.

Torties write their own rules.

Cammie, you are loved no matter what!

CatDad
02-16-2004, 10:58 PM
What a pretty lady, but she definately has Torti-tude though.:)

There is always hope, just no guarantees.:)

kimlovescats
02-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Oh Cammie.... it is wonderful to love your Daddy .... but you MUST learn to love Mommy too!!!! Come on, Cams ..... get over that stuffy Tortitude and lighten up on Mom!!!! ;)

catmandu
02-17-2004, 09:11 AM
Its astounding how Much Cammie looks like my Dear Pouncer , who was the result of an accidental breeding of a Siamese , and A Torite. But she inherited his bad heart , and passed on 11 years ago.Colorful cammie , potential COTD!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-17-2004, 11:07 AM
What a cutie! :D

trayi52
02-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Favors Grover a lot! Grover is really attached to me, but has developed a distrust of my husband. She hides behind furniture and stares at him with airplane ears!

But she does look a lot like Cammie, she just don't have a tail. Well not much of one to speak of.

I think Cammie is beautiful!

kuhio98
02-17-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm trying to hold on to some hope that Cammie will tolerate me some day. She will come to me if my husband isn't home and she gets scared, but I'm definitely not her favorite person. Seems like others here have said that tortie's are one-person kitties.

Cammie appears to have had a rough life which may account for her disposition. We adopted her last March from a no-kill shelter. She had been found in the deep October snows of Denali (Mt. McKinley) National Park. They think she was left behind by some park seasonal workers. We were told she was 2 or 3 years old but our vet says she's over 10 years old. We were actually glad to hear that because she sleeps so much and we were concerned that it wasn't normal for a young cat. Her age may also explain how set in her ways she is.

Poor Halo is disappointed that she doesn't have a fun playmate and Cammie has no patience for Halo's (big) kitten antics. Here's a photo of Halo trying to look as small and non-threatening as possible when they met in the back yard.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/fb84f8e9.jpg

amoore
02-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Cammie is a beautiful cat. I think she likes you more than you know cats don't give all their secrets.

I had a cat I thought like Andy better. I still think she did. But I knew she loved me, too. One day I pretended I didnt notice her. I would just act like she wasn't there. All day I did that! That evening andy and me was in the same room. She comes up and sits in my lap! I stayed calm, tried hard not to show my excitement. From then on she would crawl up in my lap, not often , but enough for me to know she did love me.:)

Felicia's Mom
02-17-2004, 09:37 PM
I think a tortie is beautiful.

Felicia is in that group, being a torbie.

When I first got her she had nothing to do with me, except to spit. She was alone all day while I was at work.

For a while, she acted like she didn't care if I came home or not. One day when I came home she was waiting at the door to greet me. She is usually at the door unless she hears a strange voice.

Killearn Kitties
02-18-2004, 03:01 PM
Aww, poor Halo. That is such a cute picture.

One of our cats much preferred my husband for two or three years, but she came round eventually. I hope Cammie does too.:D

ramanth
02-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Cammie is so pretty! :) You can defiantely see that Tortie-tude in that last picture! :eek: :D

catcrazylady
02-19-2004, 09:17 AM
I LOVE that picture where they meet! That is sooo funny and cute! I think a lot of us have a one person cat. Mine is Sammy and he is a daddy's boy. He only likes me when hubby is asleep or not home. I think he just doesn't want daddy to know that there might be someone else!

halliecat
02-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Cammie is so pretty! May be showing favoritism since Hallie is a tortie. She has the attitude but I wouldn't trade her for anything!