PDA

View Full Version : Free to Good Home Adverts

PayItForward
02-16-2004, 04:32 PM
What do you think of this poster ?

I went to Pets at Home petshop today to buy litter and I was so upset with all the Free to good home adverts on their noticeboard.

So I asked if I could put a article up on the board and they said yes, so here is my first attempt.

Comments really needed :(

Poster (http://www.piftails.com/Poster.doc)

RICHARD
02-16-2004, 04:37 PM
Brilliant!

:)

PayItForward
02-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Brilliant!

:)

Do you think I need to change anything ?

rg_girlca
02-16-2004, 04:44 PM
I also think it is brilliant. Very well done and personally I don't think you need to change a thing. You definitely got the point across with this poster.

RICHARD
02-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Do you think I need to change anything ?

NO!

You hit the nail on the head!!!!:)

kimlovescats
02-16-2004, 04:47 PM
WONDERFULLY GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-16-2004, 04:51 PM
I also think it's perfect! Great job!!! :D

Killearn Kitties
02-16-2004, 05:17 PM
I think it gets the point across clearly and succinctly!

CatDad
02-16-2004, 08:29 PM
I think that it is great. It is short and to the point. This is just what you want.

I think it will at least make some people think. I would not change anything.

Steffi N
02-16-2004, 08:35 PM
GOOD FOR YOU
It really gets the message across

catnapper
02-16-2004, 09:01 PM
I've never thought about any of that before. Its really good!

Karen
02-16-2004, 09:10 PM
• Charge a reasonable adoption fee for your pet, as an object given freely has no value

• Investigate all offers of homes and ask questions to check the potential owners knowledge of animal care.

• Visit the potential owner at their home, before handing over your pet.

Good poster. I would only change the bullets so the second and third don't seem repetitive. They aren't, but they might if you just skim them.

I'd instead change bullet 2 to
- Investigate all potential owners, asking basic questions to check their knowledge of animal care

and bullet three to

- Ask for the chance to visit the pet's potential home, and if they resist, refuse.

Explain that you just want to make sure it is safe, and as an experienced pet owner, you'd feel responsible if something untoward happened either to the people or the animal in question.

PayItForward
02-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Explain that you just want to make sure it is safe, and as an experienced pet owner, you'd feel responsible if something untoward happened either to the people or the animal in question.
Thanks Karen I have changed the bullets but is the above point a comment or an alteration ?

New Poster (http://www.piftails.com/poster.doc)

I am also writing a list of questions for someone trying to rehome their cat to ask.

Which I'll post when I have finished but they'll be on the website not the poster, so I have changed the bottom of the poster too.

jenluckenbach
02-17-2004, 04:48 AM
ÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏ ࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏà ¡±áÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱá etc.

Sorry, I'd love to be able to read it.

catcrazylady
02-17-2004, 05:40 AM
Absolutely wonderful!! It is simple, easy to read, and direct. People will take the time to read that.
That was a fantastic idea and well put together. Good job!!!
We should all copy that and find places to post them. Some people don't care but a lot of people are just uninformed and think they are doing the right thing.

PayItForward
02-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
ÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏ ࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏà ¡±áÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱá etc.

Sorry, I'd love to be able to read it.
:( For you Jen...

http://www.piftails.com/images/Poster.gif

PayItForward
02-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Absolutely wonderful!! It is simple, easy to read, and direct. People will take the time to read that.
That was a fantastic idea and well put together. Good job!!!
We should all copy that and find places to post them. Some people don't care but a lot of people are just uninformed and think they are doing the right thing.

That's the idea, I am posting it on my website and as long as people don't remove my details, I would love them to be posted at petshops, vets & local noticeboards.

You are right that people are uninformed, the girls in my office were upset when I told them and that gave me the idea to try and educate others.

jenluckenbach
02-17-2004, 03:34 PM
I really really like it!!! I'd copy it and post a few myself if I could access it. you wouldn't want to mail me a copy in the good old snail mail would you?

BUT, I could not find the list of questions to ask anywhere on your website. Guess I looked in all the wrong places.

I would like to advertize the fact that you have a new forum going on there and that I signed up immediately. Woo hoo........ looks like it will be fun once it gets rolling.

PayItForward
02-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I really really like it!!! I'd copy it and post a few myself if I could access it. you wouldn't want to mail me a copy in the good old snail mail would you?

BUT, I could not find the list of questions to ask anywhere on your website. Guess I looked in all the wrong places.

I would like to advertize the fact that you have a new forum going on there and that I signed up immediately. Woo hoo........ looks like it will be fun once it gets rolling.
*blush*

I was SO surprised to see a person on my site. I welcome you Jen as the first and probually the last :( person on my site :D

I haven't finished half of my website yet, I have not finished the questions yet, so that is why you could not see them.

They are on my desktop. LOL

Yes Jen, PM me you snail mail address and I'll post some over.

leslie flenner
02-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Can I have some too somehow?
We have a huge pitbull training problem in Boston - it's legal. So I really would love to have this! (I had a run in about 3 years ago with 2 guys that I saw training pits with tires and pulling logs behind my friend Jan's house. they yelled at me, I gave them the finger and it was over but with all the strays we have...) HELP! Puppies found every now and then that are obviously being used...

PayItForward
02-18-2004, 02:20 AM
Do you want to PM your address to me and I'll post some over ?

Or I'll have a downloadable version later on today.

Poor Puppies :(

catmandu
02-18-2004, 09:08 AM
That Poster is excellent , and really does give an idea about the dangers of trying to adopt Pets out , as there are people that will do anything to earn a few dollars!That is a Public Service , and you are to be commended!

ramanth
02-18-2004, 12:25 PM
That poster is awesome! Permission to repost it at my website and print some up to hang around my area? :)

PayItForward
02-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
That poster is awesome! Permission to repost it at my website and print some up to hang around my area? :)
Yep no problem, I would rather you link to my page http://www.piftails.co.uk/Solo_FreeAdCampaign.html on my website.

But feel free to print poster at bottom of this page under Poster Campaign is a link to the word version of the poster to print out. Poster page (http://www.piftails.co.uk/main/main_articles_freeads.html)

ramanth
02-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Not a problem! Thanks! :)

Logan
02-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
:( For you Jen...

http://www.piftails.com/images/Poster.gif

Thank you, Dan, for showing us the entire thing on Pet Talk. My virus scan kept stopping me from opening your attachments for some reason.

I think you have done an outstanding job!

Logan