PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

Socks
02-16-2004, 03:46 PM
i have a pure breed boxer. but i want to know is a pure breed better than a mix?:confused: because some people think pure breeds are better. what do you think.:D

Rio and Me
02-16-2004, 05:32 PM
It's entirly up to you, Your dog pure or not may be the best in your eyes and not in someone elses eyes (if you know what you mean)
My dog is mix and is the best dog in the world to me, may not be to you but she is to me.
See your dog may be the uglyest thing ever yet be the love of your life.
Every dog in the whole world is different, a certain owner of a breed may say, BC are the best breed ever and that their dog can do everything, so you go and get that breed and it will never do the same as their dog,
Ky an dRio

binka_nugget
02-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Purebreds are not better than mixes. But, mixes aren't any better than purebreds. Some say that mixes have less health problems because some purebreds are known for having specific problems but breeding a non-healthy purebred to another non-healthy purebred can still produce non-healthy mixes. So in my opinion, mixes and purebreds are both just as great.

EssTer
02-17-2004, 01:13 PM
I think both of them are the best... it doesnīt metter you ahve pure bred dog or mutt, they both will be great friends to you and good companions(sp)...Itīs just your choise to get pure bred or mutt....

wolfie
02-17-2004, 01:59 PM
Well, everyone knows that their own dog is the best! :D

But as for me, I would always get a pup from the pound - 3 million dogs are put to sleep every year because they don't have a home. :( 75% of dogs at the pounds are mutts, and people seem to overlook them, so I'd go for a mutt! :) They're my favorite 'breed.'

cali
02-19-2004, 06:18 PM
neither is better, I personally like my purbred border collies, a BC mix just isnt the same to me, I do however have plenty of mixes as well, shadow is a BC mix and she is a great dog, I just tend to be drawn to pur BCs more then mixes. :)

gotalonglildoggie
02-21-2004, 07:32 PM
I think it depends more on the dog than anything else. My doxie is a purebreed, but my friends all have mixed breeds. They all seem to be really good dogs!

Dogz
02-21-2004, 09:29 PM
No, purebreds are not better than mixes. I do have purebred dogs, but I have met wonderful mixed breeds. But, I love both. I think everyone answered your question well. And like wolfie said, everyone knows that their dog/s is best for them!

Welcome to Pet Talk! Do you have any pictures of your Boxer? We love to see pictures!:)