PDA

View Full Version : My Girls

manny doodle
02-16-2004, 02:48 PM
A year ago this month my mom bought Molly and Amber. When we got them, it was love at first sight. We first saw Molly at our near-by PetsMart, and fell in love with her. We came in that Saturday and told them that we were interested in buying Molly. They were excited! The reason why is because Molly only has one eye. She and her "sister" and other "family members" were abused and living in their own filth.
The only thing limiting us from buying Molly was buying Amber, her "sister". We thought for about maybe five minutes(max) and said that we wuld buy both.
When I went into the cat area, I picked up Amber. That was the first time she would let anyone pick her up without shivering uncontrollably. The adoption lady knew that we would be a great family for the "twins". (You may ask why I put quotes around srtain words- Molly is grey, Amber is a tortiose shell)
Our other cat, Autumn, was,and still is, spoiled rotten. She wouldn't have anything to do with the "twins". Finally, a couple of days ago, Molly and Autumn kissed. Amber and Autumn will never get along, at least not in the near future. they got into a little fight a couple of months after we got the twins.
Speaking of Amber, when we first got her, she didn't know how to purr. So, when she first started to try to purr, it was like a person tring to start a car that was on its last life. Now she cannot stop purring. Every-where I go I have my little shadows following me. they do everything with me. I fact, right now, amber is on my lap helping me write this.

I hope that this is the first of many years to come with my little twins! I love you guys!
:)

rg_girlca
02-16-2004, 03:20 PM
A warm hearty welcome to Pet Talk manny doodle. I'm sure you're going to love it here.

What a treasure you are for adopting a one-eyed kitty. Usually people turn away from something like that. I was sadden to hear the twins come from an abusive family, but so glad to hear you had the heart to adopt them both. Bless you.
Obviously Amber is starting to purr as she knows she is well loved and cared for. That's sweet.
I'm sorry your Autumn doesn't get along with Amber. Some cats are just like that. But hopefully in time, maybe that will change.
Any chance on seeing pictures of your Molly, Amber and Autumn?
Here at PT, we LLLOOOVVVEEE to see pictures.:D

catnapper
02-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Welcome to PT! Sounds like you have three very nice kitties. I hope you'll be able to post pictures of them - as rg_girlca said, we LLLOOOOVVVEEEE pictures! The more pictures, the better!

My Allen didn't know how to purr until we got Pouncer, so I know what you're describing.

tatsxxx11
02-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Warm welcome to PT manny doodle!:) What a wonderful thing you and your Mom did, giving such deserving kitties a second chance at a loving home! The twins Amber and Molly sound so special!:) And hopefully with time Autumn will come around:) We'd love to see pictures of your beautiful furfamily when you're able!:)

CatDad
02-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Welcome to PT!!!!

Your babies sound wonderful. How nice of you to adopt a kitty with a handicap. Although most of the kitties I have seen with hadicaps to not let that slow them down.

Well as it has been said we love pictures, so if you have any that you can post we would love to see them.:)

kimlovescats
02-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Welcome to PT and welcome to your new very special girls!!! I hope that you will be posting lots of pictures of your kitties and VERY SOON!!:D

Steffi N
02-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Manny Doodle, Autumn, Amber, and Molly. How great of you to give your heart to kitties in need.
Amber, it warms my heart to read that you are purring now.
Would love pictures, of course.

catmandu
02-17-2004, 11:23 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk , manny doodle , and Cats from the Found Cats Hotel , and feeder! You will , I am sure have a wonderful time here , as there are so many Great People!And Cats!