PDA

View Full Version : You guys are really going to think I'm a compulsive liar....

Tonya
02-16-2004, 02:25 PM
You will not believe my adventurous weekend. It was insane. I cannot believe how insane 2004 is starting off for me.

I'll start by saying that Mike's grandma is doing great. They took her off of life support and she's breathing on her own. She's on oxygen and weak, but she is eating and doing pretty darn good. I am sure that she'll pull through. And Mike's grandpa doesn't have phunomnia (sp?!) after all, he has bronchitis which he'll get over.

And now I have to say the city of Redding sucks a$$. I will never ever ever again set foot in Redding and/or a Motel 6. I was really tired, so I pulled off in Redding and got a hotel. Jaden said "Mommy, this hotel is ghetto...." I said "Oh, honey, all we are doing is sleeping here, we aren't spending any time here." How bad could it be?

It's a long story. But to sum it up the best I can, I was between five other rooms full of thugs. They were partying all night and loud. I have a really nice custom truck. They were sitting in the back of my truck drinking. Talking about how they couldn't believe my rims didn't have locks and all trying to guess how much money my truck was worth. I kept calling the front desk and they wouldn't answer. I would have done more, but I had my son with me, so I didn't want to stir up to much. Finally, a belligerent guy around 2am starts banging on my door saying "Hey, b!tch with the blings (referring to my rims), are you partying in there?! Let me in!" blah blah blah. So, I go to call the cops, but his friends grabbed him and brought him into the room, so I figured that was the end. But then, two of the guys get into a fight. I can hear it all because the walls are paper thin. So, I call 911. Then the front desk calls with an attitude and asks me why I called 911. We go in circles and he was being a jerk, so I hung up on him. So, then the front desk guy goes to their room and says "Hey, the girl in room 125 called the police on you." So the belligerent guy starts flipping out trying to get into my room to kick my arss. By then, I was packing my crap, just waiting for the police to come. Then, he starts slamming a trash can into my window trying to get in. Then the female with them starts trying to stop him, and he starts beating the crap out of her. The other guy was trying to get him off of her. So, I go to call 911 again. By then I was in a panic, so I accidentally dialed 0. The front desk guy answered and I go "Where in the #$^@ is the police?!" He says "Thanks to you, they just pulled into the parking lot." So, to make a long story short, there were 6 cops in my hotel room at 3:30 am. The cops helped me pack up my stuff and they (of course) arrested two of the guys and the girl. The rest of the friends were probably passed out in the other rooms during the peak of the drama. I was so mad that once I had my son in the truck out of ear shot, I went off on the manager and the girl. She was so drunk and telling me that I was lying and nothing had happened. She was probably normally a pretty girl, but she looked like she'd been to hell and back. I transferred to the executive rooms at the Holiday Inn. And never ever again will I penny pinch on a room.

Oh, and I got a ticket on the way home. And then I got to be the first one at an accident in the mountains in the pouring rain. The guys ran their Honda civic off of the road. Luckily, the trees caught their car. Otherwise, it would have been a heck of a drop. The car was totaled, but they were totally ok.

Whew! What a weekend. When is this luck going to quit?!

Cinder & Smoke
02-16-2004, 02:38 PM
:eek:

You're lucky Motel 6 didn't charge "extra"
for the *Entertainment*! :p

And I'd be calling /writing the Motel 6 Corporate Office -
Asking politely for a Full Refund! ;)

/s/ Phred

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-16-2004, 02:52 PM
I know this is too late for you, but we had a similar experience at a Motel 6 years and years ago. Not quite as bad as yours, but bad enough to say that even if the only alternative is sleeping in my car at a rest area, I will NEVER stay at a Motel 6 again. I don't car if John Bodet is leaving a light on, the chain has majorly gone down hill and is not worth the few dollars you might save on the room.

Of course you know this now, I'm just sorry you had to go through all this to find out. I would have been terrified and you actually lasted there a lot longer than I would have. As soon as I saw them all over my vehicle I would have packed up and left. I'm glad they didn't do any damage to your truck. What a nightmare! :eek:

Oh, and if you do get ahold of some sort of management over there, they'll probably try and compensate you by offering you a few free nights - don't fall for it. If they won't give you a refund, dispute the charge on your credit card (hopefully you put it on a credit card).

Again, what a nightmare!

lizbud
02-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Don't you wish you would have listened to your son?:D

"Jaden said "Mommy, this hotel is ghetto...."

Most kids tell it like it is.......:)

ramanth
02-16-2004, 03:11 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't do well in situations like that and would probably be bawling. :o

I'm so glad you and Jaden are okay. Looking back now.... no damage done to your truck right?

An ex and I had to stay at a real ghetto Roach motel once in Ohio while driving back from PA because he wasn't 21 (he was 20) and the nice hotels had policies that no one under 21 could stay without a relative adult. I was over 21 but "not a relative" so they said, there is a "nice" place down the road. The "nice" place had locks that didn't work. ugh... But we were both too exausted to keep driving.

Can't remember the hotels that turned us away. And Thankfully nothing happened.

Miss Meow
02-16-2004, 03:13 PM
My god, that's worse than Jerry cam on the Jerry Springer show :eek:

I can only imagine how scary it was, especially not knowing if the cops were coming and what the h@ll the drunken maniacs were going to do next.

I'm so glad you and Jaden are OK!

Tonya
02-16-2004, 03:23 PM
My truck was fine. There were beer bottles and liquor bottles in the back. When I saw that, I tossed a beer can at the girl, and the officers made them clean out my truck. lol. I'd never been so mad. There is this different type of rage that comes out in me when it comes to my child. I was so angry and disgusted that he had been subjected to that kind of trash. Luckily, he sleeps like a log and didn't actually wake up until I plopped him in bed at the Holiday Inn.

My truck wasn't damaged. We now know that we need to buy a more sensitive alarm though. Our's obviously takes alot to go off. Mike said that they had to have taken the centerpiece off of our rims in order to know that they don't have locks because the locks are normally in there. At least they put the centerpiece back on after checking. :rolleyes:

I was so disgusted everytime I saw a Motel 6 sign on the way home yesterday. I'm really bitter over that incident. I just called and filed a formal complaint. They said they'd get back to me. I told them that there is no way in hell I want a free stay to compensate.

RICHARD
02-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Should you ever want to write a screen play about your adventures of the past six months or so, would you give me the chance to write it???

The only problem is....

Will it be a drama, comedy or dramedy??

And, who will play our star-crossed heroine???:confused:

Cry now, you'll have the rest of your life to laugh about things like that....

Tonya
02-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
:I don't do well in situations like that and would probably be bawling. :o

I am very surprised that I didn't cry. I usually cry when I am scared or angry. I had way to much adrenaline I think. I wasn't even intimidated to tell those people AND the manager that they were bleeps right in front of the cops. The police were very sympathetic. They let me give my piece of mind. They were kind of laughing at how Jaden was so crashed out through it all. He had no clue.

Tonya
02-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Should you ever want to write a screen play about your adventures of the past six months or so, would you give me the chance to write it???

The only problem is....

Will it be a drama, comedy or dramedy??

And, who will play our star-crossed heroine???:confused:

Cry now, you'll have the rest of your life to laugh about things like that....

Star-crossed heroine...lol. More like neurotic spaz. I think I'm losing my marbles. All the way home from Oregon, yesterday, it rained. Hard. For 7 hours. I was laughing hysterically because it felt like a black cloud was literally following me from Oregon all the way back home.

You know, my friends have always teased me that all the wierd stuff happens to me. I have always said I should write a book. But it just seems like a little much. Like the guys at work say "If anything is possible, it will happen to Tonya."

Tonya
02-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Oh, and Richard. It will be all comedy. No drama for me. ;) The only way you can survive life is if you laugh.

rg_girlca
02-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Wow you poor thing. I'm so glad that you and your son got out of there safely with no harm done to you or your truck.

It's also good that your son slept through all of this so he didn't have to see what a bunch of morons these idiotics were.
AAARRRGGG I hate people who can't handle their liquor and have no respect for others or their property.

catnapper
02-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Aw, girl, we coulda told you that Motel 6 is terrible! We stayed at one in Connecticut this past summer - all to save $20! The blankets were scratchy, the pillows little rocks, the mattress lumpy. My head hit the shower head - I'm only 5'6" - my husband had to stoop to shower! I was grossed out by the mold and mildew in the bathrrom... even though we did have the "sanitized for your protection" across the tpilet seat. There was no alarm clock, half the lights were missing bulbs, and the aircondition didn't work. And since we were there for a soccer tournament, the worst thing was that they didn't have a mini fridge to keep the drinks cold! I told my husband that we should have just slept in the car - it was more comfortable! Thank goodness we didn't get the full entertainment package! At least now you'll have a story to tell!

slleipnir
02-16-2004, 04:01 PM
That's crazy! I would have freaked out ;) Glad you guys are ok :)

popcornbird
02-16-2004, 04:01 PM
OMG!!! :eek: That is SO scary! I get scared of such situations easily and probably would've passed out. I'm so glad you and your son got home safely, and that they weren't able to bring any harm to you or your child. SO scary!

Its my dad's rule, and I personally find it to be a good one, that we will NEVER stay in a cheap motel/hotel no matter what. Doesn't matter about the cost/whatever..........it is better to be safe then sorry, and sometimes, it isn't safe staying in a motel that lacks quality security systems. My dad made this rule after a friend of his had a similar incidence while staying at a Motel 6.

We usually stay at Sheraton, Hilton, Marriot, Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn...............or something similar. They usually have better security and less chance of anyone dangerous getting in. Thank God you're alright! Next time listen to your little boy. ;)

joycenalex
02-16-2004, 04:06 PM
last time i stayed in a motel 6, the ...ahhh...'sounds' from rooms on either side were loud and clear. business must have been good for the 'pavement princesses' that night. never again.

Nomilynn
02-16-2004, 08:10 PM
boy am I ever glad you posted this thread. I never knew Motel 6's were so terrible. Thanks for this warning.

I hope you have been able to relax now that it's all over. Sleep well in your own bed! :D