PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Please reply immediatly!!

whalelover
02-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Hi, I have three convicts in my ten gallon tank, and one of my convicts is not being as active as he was, when I fed them this morning and yesterday hes not even comming out of the plants and he seems like he's sick almost, and hes getting white spots on his fins and on his face...
Can somebody tell me what is wrong with him and what I can do to help him?¿

CathyBogart
02-16-2004, 12:37 PM
www.fishgeeks.com

whalelover
02-16-2004, 06:22 PM
I posted on fishgeeks, but nobody has replied yet on there either! Reply....lol

Fox-Gal
02-16-2004, 10:20 PM
They have ick most likely, go to the pet store and get some ick med. to put in your tank. Do the white spots kind of sparkle? If so that's ick. If they look more like dull white spots, then you need to get antibiotics for your tank. I pill for every 10 gals. and take your filter out, the carbon effects the antibiotics.

To avoid Ick, make sure that when you do a water change, that the water you add into the tank is the same temp as the water that was in the tank. Ick is caused by changes in water temp, hot to cold, cold to hot, etc. in most cases.

Or else if you added a new fish to the tank that might of had ick and he spread it to the others.

Also do a water test, make sure everything is right in your tank, if not that can be part of your problem and the fish are ill.

CathyBogart
02-16-2004, 11:18 PM
If it is Ich, raising the water temperature a few degrees while medicating while speed up the life cycle of the parasites and make treatment go by faster!

whalelover
02-18-2004, 05:03 PM
I took my water in to get tested, and they said that the water level was at a toxic level and told me to change the water today and friday halfway then take it in again, and that the fish is only getting white spots because it was just reacting to the water. That solves that problem...hopefully!