PDA

View Full Version : Lee Ann and Christina

RICHARD
02-15-2004, 11:11 PM
I watched the opening to Daytona and the NBA All Star game....

Lee Ann Rimes sang the National Anthem in Florida and Krustina Aguilera butchered it here in Lost Angeles...

CA's rendition was one of the worst I have ever heard, not only
did she botch the first few lines, she repeated some not once, twice, but three times....

I laughed and then truly felt sorry for someone who has talent but thinks that she can take a song like like that, cut it up, and serve it to the masses....

Talent?

Maybe.......

A clue?

lololol, definitely not...

smokey the elder
02-16-2004, 07:58 AM
I think it's a real diss when they can't get someone to sing the National Anthem well. We're supposed to be HONORING America! Then you get someone who doesn't even KNOW the WORDS??

<end of rant>

2kitties
02-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Maybe they'll call you next time, Richard.

K9soul
02-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Was it mistakenly messed up, or were they just trying to draw it out and "pretty it up" as I call it? Personally I like the National Anthem to just be sung straightforward. Somehow it is almost painful to listen to the anthem to be drawn out and "added to." The way the music is on it, it just doesn't sound right that way. It was meant to be a stately, majestic piece, not a blues piece or soul music. Some songs can be turned into a different sound and sound good that way, but to me, not the National Anthem.

RICHARD
02-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Maybe they'll call you next time, Richard.

oh say can you see.
by the dawn's early light,
what so proudly we hailed
at the twilight's last gleaming......

can't sing a lick, but......
I know the words.;)