PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY some SNOW in Middle TN!!!

kimlovescats
02-15-2004, 05:51 PM
It really flurried for a couple of hours here, my daughter has been waiting since Christmas for some white stuff! Needless to say, she was THRILLED! It didn't stick for long, but it was nice while it lasted!

http://www.kimscats.com/Feb15.04_005.jpg

http://www.kimscats.com/Feb15.04_008.jpg

CatDad
02-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Congrats on the snow. I love it when we get snow here.:)

Too bad it only lasted for a few hours though.

Looks like it was big flakes, that's cool.:)

kimlovescats
02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Yes, Bryan ... it was just a "dusting" ... but we get all excited whenever we get any here anymore!!! Guess the neighbors thought we had never seen snow before .... hahaha!!!:D

rg_girlca
02-15-2004, 10:31 PM
That first picture is very pretty.
I wish we would only get a dusting of snow.:(

aly
02-15-2004, 10:47 PM
We got the snow here in Texas too!! Of course it only lasted about 7 hours - melted by noon!

kimlovescats
02-15-2004, 10:54 PM
WOW, aly, I can't believe you got that much ... more than us!!!
Not fair!!!:eek: :D

halliecat
02-16-2004, 10:37 AM
No snow here yet, although it was predicted. Will have to wait until tomorrow...it is predicted then!

So far the predictions have been untrue......

trayi52
02-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Kim, when did you get your snow? Down here close to the Alabama State line, we got a pretty good snow! But it was the first we have had besides a slight dusting.

We woke up to a really good snow yesterday morning, it was great! We still have some, but the sun is shining and it seems to be melting pretty good now.

I love your pictures, I guess I just love looking at snow pictures. We just don't get enough snow and get excited when we do get some snow.

Willie

EssTer
02-16-2004, 11:03 AM
nice photos :) I like them ;) Thanx for sharing ;)

aki
02-16-2004, 11:09 AM
OMG! Here in Michigan we have TONS of snow! This morning we had negative temps because of lack of cloud cover. Today is sunny and very, cold. I think they said maybe a high of 20 today. I can't wait for summer. I attached a photo of what it looks like here in the winter. I work at a marina, and cannot wait for summer!

trayi52
02-16-2004, 11:53 AM
aki, that is just so beautiful!!

catcrazylady
02-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Kim you're getting the kind of snow that I like. It falls in big beautiful flakes and disappears in a few hours!!!! You get the beauty without all the driving hassles!
I know people up north laugh at us here but three inches does as much damage to us as twenty inches does for them.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif We have had several three inch snows this year and a few dustings and now I'm done with it
I would really miss snow if we didn't have it though.
I'm ready for spring!

ramanth
02-16-2004, 12:39 PM
WOW! I heard Tennessee and Texas got some snow. Just wasn't sure how much. :D

Very cool!

Originally posted by aki
OMG! Here in Michigan we have TONS of snow! I work at a marina, and cannot wait for summer!
What marina do you work at? :D A Great Lake? or one of the smaller ones? :)

I love going to Lake Huron but I hope to spend some time at Lake Michigan this summer. :)

kimlovescats
02-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Willie, our snow occured Sunday about mid-morning, and was gone by afternoon! It was fun while it lasted!;)