PDA

View Full Version : It's not uncommon for me to come home to strays....but this is to much!!

Fox-Gal
02-15-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm almost use to coming home and finding a drop off in my yard, cats and dogs. Well yesterday was a first, as I'm coming down my lane I see this blocking my parking area. :eek:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/p5f7e256c2972ca1972c8f73dbe33d334/f99cf0b0.jpg

You know you live out in the country when you have to deal with stray cows. lol Even my dogs are not supprised by this, you'll notice my Tuffys tail in the picture, just walking by as if it was no big deal that we had a cow in the road. He use to new strays, I guess.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/pcee2223360f10919025d7615f34957ad/f99cf0ad.jpg

We called the police, they came out, but really had no way of hauling him off, so intill they find out who he belongs to he's living with my goats.

Anyone lose a cow? :D lol

slick
02-15-2004, 05:32 PM
:D :D :D M-O-O-O-O-O!!!!!!

That's too funny. I guess you can't "beef" about it :D :D

Wasn't there a commercial out long ago about

"Where's the beef????"

K9soul
02-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Wow! :eek:

That sure is a handsome bull. He looks well cared for.

jenluckenbach
02-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Do you have kids? And do they say "But he followed me home, ma!!"? :D :D

Fox-Gal
02-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
Wow! :eek:

That sure is a handsome bull. He looks well cared for.

Yeah he looks well cared for, but if you look at his hind leg you can see where he got hurt, jumping a fence, I guess. It's a pretty deep cut and he wont let me get close enough to take care of it. :(

I just hope they find what ranch he came from.......before I turn him into a pet. :D

Fox-Gal
02-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Do you have kids? And do they say "But he followed me home, ma!!"? :D :D

LOL no kids.

Maybe he just knew this would be a safe place to go to. Thats what my husband always says about any stray we find, that there some animal hotline and our address is where they are all sent to.

delidog
02-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Oh that is Just Too Much!!!!!
Are you at least able to hose that wound???
Yes,I saw it too...
If you could get some water on it to cleanse it might help a little bit!!!

I wanna live where You live!!!!!
I'd like all these critters to follow Me Home!!!;) :) :D

Thank You for Caring for Him!!!!

Miss Meow
02-15-2004, 06:03 PM
He's a fine looking bull!

Maybe he's new to town, and just saying hi to the neighbours! ;)

K9soul
02-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Ack! I see that ouchie in the second picture now. Poor guy :(

micki76
02-15-2004, 08:16 PM
That's hysterical! :D :D :D Hope you find his home soon! If not, as they say, what's one more? ;)

catnapper
02-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Now thats not something you'd see everyday! Me? I'm used to coming home to MacDonald's wrappers strewn across my yard... you just might find me standing in your driveway next!

dukedogsmom
02-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Yep, we get loose cows all the time. This is funny. Yesterday, I had an officer looking for(I should say listening) loud music. He didn't find the music but there was an elephant in the area! That's got to be a first :)

amoore
02-15-2004, 08:37 PM
We have some of those come up in our yard some times! More than stray cats or dogs! They are kind of cute, but if you hug a cow they get green slobber all over you. :p

rg_girlca
02-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Wow, that must have been a shocker. LOL
That's funny.
For some reason I don't see the second picture, but I hope you are able to find his owner and they take care of the gash on his leg.

CatDad
02-15-2004, 11:51 PM
That has to be the most unusual stray story that I have seen here.:) He must have called the animal hotline and gotten your number.

Sorry, but that is too funny. I hope that they find the owners soon. I am pretty sure that they will, he looks like a bull that someone would miss.

I am almost positive that he got that gash from jumping over or through a fence. Almost all the bulls that I have every worked with loved to tear down fences. I think that is a hobby for most of them.;)

popcornbird
02-16-2004, 12:13 AM
Too funny!! I don't know how I would ever react if I came home to find a cow in front of our house!! :eek: Funny, he he. If you don't find the owners, are you going to keep him? :p

Fox-Gal
02-16-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by delidog
Oh that is Just Too Much!!!!!
Are you at least able to hose that wound???
Yes,I saw it too...
If you could get some water on it to cleanse it might help a little bit!!!

I wanna live where You live!!!!!
I'd like all these critters to follow Me Home!!!;) :) :D

Thank You for Caring for Him!!!!

Yeah I got it hosed off some.......now that was fun. :eek:

Fox-Gal
02-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Now thats not something you'd see everyday! Me? I'm used to coming home to MacDonald's wrappers strewn across my yard... you just might find me standing in your driveway next!

All strays welcome. And at least you can feed your self. :D :D

Fox-Gal
02-16-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
If you don't find the owners, are you going to keep him? :p

Yep. :D What else could I do......not like I can set him free. ;)

I've had cows before, years ago and I kind of miss them. Of course mine where raised here as babies and more of a pet then this guy is. He will at least help on mowing the grass. :D

smokey the elder
02-16-2004, 07:52 AM
I'm sure someone will miss that bull and come looking for him. Maybe he was looking for a Valentine?:p ;)

ramanth
02-16-2004, 10:56 AM
My parents have had "stray" horses in their yard before. :D

LOL! Looks like he moved out of the way for your car. Good thing he didn't charge! :eek: ;)

CathyBogart
02-16-2004, 12:41 PM
:eek: Wow! He is quite the handsome one, I hope you find his owners soon and he gets that leg looked at.

Fox-Gal
02-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Up date: the cow is now gone. They found what ranch he came from. He did some walking to get down my way but they loaded him up today and took him back home.

Now I'm going to worry about him......you just can't win in these things. :p

RICHARD
02-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
Up date: the cow is now gone. They found what ranch he came from. He did some walking to get down my way but they loaded him up today and took him back home.

Now I'm going to worry about him......you just can't win in these things. :p

LOL,

He was looking for a new place to MOOOOOOOOOVE to.

Well at least you took the bull by the horns....

You seem to be able to put up with quite a bit of bull...

What's the matter?, find someone who can take your bull?

Did you honk your horn or just ask him to MOOOOVE??

whew, I am done.....:rolleyes:

amoore
02-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Richard! LOL! Have you thought of being a comedian? You are great! :D

slick
02-17-2004, 05:45 PM
A slow day at work, drugs, and the internet can make for a deadly combination!!!!!! :eek:

RICHARD
02-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by slick
A slow day at work, drugs, and the internet can make for a deadly combination!!!!!! :eek:

High speed internet......................................

LOOK OUT!!

mugsy
02-17-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm glad he found his way home. Can you check on him? I hope he is well taken care of.

luckies4me
02-17-2004, 11:19 PM
I hope they don't eat him. Did they tell you where he came from? Was it a butcher place? :(

CatDad
02-17-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
LOL,

Very punning Richard.:D

Glad the bull found his way home.

Fox-Gal
02-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
LOL,

LOL :p now where where you when I needed you, you could have asked him to MOOOOOOVE for me.

I had to honk.....I guess I'm better at talking to a goose. ;)

Fox-Gal
02-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I hope they don't eat him. Did they tell you where he came from? Was it a butcher place? :(

We really don't want to know whats going to happen to him next. I'm surround by beef ranches, so we don't ask what we can't handle. :( Playing dumb, is better in some cases and this was one of those cases.

smokey the elder
02-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Cows come and cows go but the bull in this place goes on and on...:p

amoore
02-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
Cows come and cows go but the bull in this place goes on and on...:p

smokey the elder, that is funny! LOL!

:D

Corinna
02-19-2004, 06:26 PM
Hummm being a bull he has something to offer so he's probley safe for a couple years. Steers on the other hand,well........
Nice looking guy I'll bet on him being around quite a while. I raised herfords and angus as a kid in 4-h.

Fox-Gal
02-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Hummm being a bull he has something to offer so he's probley safe for a couple years. Steers on the other hand,well........
Nice looking guy I'll bet on him being around quite a while. I raised herfords and angus as a kid in 4-h.

It be nice if that was true.....but I'm afraid he has been de-bulled. So, in most cases we know what that means, if he can't make babies then he makes steak. :( :( :(

I try not to think about that.