PDA

View Full Version : just when my life feels like its getting better it goes BAM

Truffles
02-15-2004, 12:41 PM
hey,

i know this isn't about pets but i need to get this out:( ok those who have seizures or a loved one w/ seizures may understand this better.

today i woke up and my parents were going nuts and i was half asleep and confused :confused: anyway they said i had a seizure:eek: which i have no recolection of it i mean i put up a fight about it ,i kept saying no i didn't have a seizure.but then again my parents don't hear the TV very good and i live upstairs so i oviously had one what else could it of been.shortly after my fight w/ my parents they go down stairs and i sit in bed till i feel like its ok to get up.

then i came in here and got a awful nose bleed i'm guessing from the seizure or seizures i had.right now i feel tired and hopeless i'll never be cured unless some miiricale comes along.why me why anyone for that matter annacent people are suffering epilepsy and yet no cure.at the moment i really hate my life.

webster had seizures too (my first dog i got to love) i'm so glad he no longer suffers but i miss him like crazy.i felt so close to him.

tommorow i'll more likely have bruises.right now i have a hheadache.to think i was starting to think my life was finally getting better then BAM i am back at square one.

thanks for listening i needed to get this out.all i can do is cry.

marylyn:(

CountryWolf07
02-15-2004, 12:58 PM
I knew a girl back in high school, she'd have seiuzures.. but she had an operation.. and now she's cured, I think.. the last time I saw her was few months ago, and she has a job.. she is dong pretty well.. I'm happy for her. Isn't there anything that can help you?

joycenalex
02-15-2004, 01:05 PM
i feel bad that this is happening for you. i wish there was some medicine or miracle that could make it better for you. does your doctor know that you are still having seizures?

slleipnir
02-15-2004, 01:21 PM
My dog, Josie has seizures..I know what it's like to see her go through them and its awful. I don't know of any people though..I hope they can find something to help you :(

amoore
02-15-2004, 01:30 PM
I am sorry that you have to endure such a hard thing, I hope you have no more seizures. I worked with a sweet girl that had them. I know it was hard for her. I hope they come up with a cure.:(

HoRsELUvR
02-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Im sorry you have to go through all of this,it must be pretty scary.I think my cousin had seizures awhile ago, but i think he took some kind of medication for them.

HoRsELUvR
Im sorry you have to go through all of this,it must be pretty scary.I think my cousin had seizures awhile ago, but i think he took some kind of medication for them.

HoRsELUvR

Miss Meow
02-15-2004, 02:49 PM
How scary for you and your family! :(

I hope things look up for you and better treatment is found so you can live more comfortably {{{hugs}}}

Truffles
02-15-2004, 06:53 PM
hey,

thank you so much for the replies :) i've had epilepsy since birth so i basicly know what to excpect ......................i'll never get used to it though.

i am on meds for it 22 pills a day :p and their controlled as long as i remember my meds:rolleyes:

as for treatment i wasn't a canidate for brain surgery,so i settled for the VNS (vagus nerve stimulater) it works pretty well its not a cure but it is a big help for me and many others.

only down part about oy is every 5 or so years i have to get the battery replaced (which means getting cut open) its a minor surgery.this past august i had my first battery replaced here is a image of a VNS

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Ms.Peanutthead/th_684VNS1.jpg

its basicly like a pace maker only it sends pulses to the brain to be more clearer its a brain pace maker. it goes off every 5 min for 30 sec and if i'm luckly to have a warning of some kind i have a magnet that stops the seizure like that by sending stronger pulses to the brrain.the magnet even helps if i'm on a cluster (meaning i have one seizure after another ) anyway it shortens the cluster depending on the seizure it self of course.i have all types of seizures:rolleyes: anyway thanks again for your replies:) take care :)

marylyn

catnapper
02-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Sorry! My dad had a seisure AT BIRTH... and he still gets them to this day! So, yes I know what its like to live with someone who couldat any moment go into seisure. He hasn't had a big one for years (thank goodness) but we never let go of the fact it could happen at any moment.

My dad cannot be around flashing light - they bring on seisures... does that happen to you? He has to limit his computer use because the screen flickers ever so slightly and it can cause a seisure. All these little things that we take for granted!

So, take care and get some rest!