PDA

View Full Version : So sad :( Rough neck!

DogLover9501
02-15-2004, 10:21 AM
A friend of mine had a kitten named rough neck, and she was leaving to go out to dinner last night, and he was laying in the dryer! And she thought it was so cute, and that nobody would be home tonight, and that if they did come home they wouldnt put wet clothes on top of the dry clothes, so he would be fine.

Her room mate came home, and decided to dry her bra, and didnt see him, didnt even take the dry clothes out, and she hard thumping so did the guy that was there with her, and she said the dryer was just messing up! :( How could she not check!

They found blood in there, and rough neck, dead :( :( :(
And to make everything worse, they threw him in a BEER BOX and put a garbage bag over him that already had GARBAGE in it :( :mad: :(

Poor rough neck, and theres alot of snow, my friend doesnt know what to do with him because she cant burry him :(

moosmom
02-15-2004, 10:30 AM
:eek: That is SO sad!!! Can your friend see if the vet can cremate Rough Neck???

I had this happened to a friend of mine. Her cat was asleep in some clothes in her dryer. She thought she'd run it for a few more minutes to get them warm. Her cat died too.

While hindsight has 20/20 vision, if it were ME, I would've taken the kitten OUT of the dryer and closed the door as an ounce of prevention.

Unfortunately, it's a little too late for that. Such a tragedy for a small, sweet kitten.

RIP sweet little Rough Neck. You're in a much better place now. :(

catnapper
02-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Poor Rough Neck. I agree that she should call a vet about cremation. They really can't just bury him because in many states, that is considered improper disposal of a body - even though it is a cat.

That would never happen in my house because I am so uptight about the dryer door being open even a 1/4" - that little light being on drives me nuts (its actually one of my major pet peeves!) I never even thought the cats would slip in and sleep... though it does make sense because its so warm and cozy. A perfect cat haven. That is so sad... poor little guy.

kimlovescats
02-15-2004, 11:06 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

jazzcat
02-15-2004, 12:26 PM
So sad, I don't see how the girl wouldn't go check the noise in the dryer.:(

amoore
02-15-2004, 12:46 PM
That is too sad!:(

rg_girlca
02-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Crying :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Rest in Peace dear sweet little Rough Neck.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-15-2004, 03:55 PM
I hope the blood stains never come out of her bra so she is forever reminded of her stupidity. And obviously your friend learned a lesson the hard way too.

RIP sweet Rough Neck. :( :(

CatDad
02-15-2004, 04:09 PM
That is so sad.:(

I am so parinoid about my 2 climbing in there, that we never leave the dryer door open.

I agree with Donna, the vet should be able to do a creamation. That will let them wait until the ground thaws so they can bury poor Rough neck, if that is what they would like to do.

DogLover9501
02-16-2004, 10:03 AM
:( Thanks everyone

Also her room mate didnt check the dryer because she didnt really care.

My friend was suposed to call the vet today about cremation(sp) so I hope she did!

amoore
02-16-2004, 11:35 AM
I put my dryer out in the green house where the cat don't go....But I still have to be careful about the the door being keep closed because the frogs live there in the greenhouse.

Pam
02-16-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm sorry but I am going to come across a bit harsh but I can't help it. First of all I think your friend is seriously irresponsible! She should have NEVER left the cat in the dryer in the first place. Would she allow her child to play in the traffic? That little act had the potential to be a disaster which it ultimately became. Part of being a responsible pet owner is to foresee, as much as humanly possible, dangers that our animals might be exposed to. I also think the roommate and her friend are idiots. (Sorry again for the harsh words) I can't imagine anyone not checking to see what the noise was. This story is very upsetting to me and I don't even know the kitty involved but it breaks my heart. :( I hope your friend and her roommate have learned something. :(

ramanth
02-16-2004, 12:47 PM
I don't know what to say.... :( :(

Randi
02-18-2004, 08:24 AM
When I first read this post, I felt SO angry and sad that I couldn't reply. Your friend and her roommate really need to learn a few things!! What a total lack of responsibility! :mad:

I totally agree with what Pam said here.

Originally posted by Pam
First of all I think your friend is seriously irresponsible! She should have NEVER left the cat in the dryer in the first place. That little act had the potential to be a disaster which it ultimately became. Part of being a responsible pet owner is to foresee, as much as humanly possible, dangers that our animals might be exposed to. I also think the roommate and her friend are idiots. (Sorry again for the harsh words) I can't imagine anyone not checking to see what the noise was. This story is very upsetting to me and I don't even know the kitty involved but it breaks my heart. :( I hope your friend and her roommate have learned something. :(

Rest in Peace Rough Neck! :(

catmandu
02-18-2004, 09:04 AM
:( :( :( :( That is so sad , for poor Rughneck , and the Found Cats are crying over him, the Cat Angels will wait for him , at the Rainbow Bridge , and see that he gets to fit in , all right! :( :( :( :( :(

emily_the_spoiled
02-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Although I agree with Pam and Randi, my heart goes out to little Rough Neck. He did not deserve to die that way. May he rest in piece at RB and play forever with all of our loved ones who have gone before us :( :( :(

CatMama78
02-18-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry for the loss of the cat, but I have to admit the irresponsibility of this makes me sick. Accidents happen, but this was more than an accident. Seems VERY careless. I'm pretty shocked that your firend would leave the cat in the dryer in the first place and take the risk of someone coming home and running it. Poor little Rough Neck. It seems the roomate was also not at all concerned about the cat's life, as most cat owners are aware of the dangers of dryers and kittens.

I have to say that I am so paranoid about this happening that I keep my dryer shut at all times. And even from the time I'm switching clothes from the washer to the dryer, I search the apartment for my cats before running the dryer, just in case one managed to slip in. I do the same with the dishwasher.

RIP Rough Neck.