PDA

View Full Version : This is why I don't use E-Bay

BastetsMum
02-15-2004, 01:29 AM
Yes this is real. The owner of this lovely calico has no clue. I am so angry and upset at this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3175140080

Please do not view this if you are prone to feeling ill at animal cruelty.

CatDad
02-15-2004, 01:45 AM
OMG!!!:mad:

Is there anyone that lives close to this looser that can report them. I did not think that that they allowed that on ebay? I thought that the selling of live animals was not allowed.

Either way this person needs to have that cat taken away.

Actually, I just looked and that is not allowed according to there rules. I tried to report it and the report a problem link would only allow me to report a problem if I was a user.

Could someone with a user id to ebay report that.

wolf_Q
02-15-2004, 01:48 AM
I have an ebay ID, if I can figure it out I'll report it..

Poor kitty. :(

wolf_Q
02-15-2004, 01:52 AM
Ok, I reported it.

BastetsMum
02-15-2004, 04:15 AM
Thanks Wolf Q - I have reported it too but I am seriously concerned for Austin.

I really have no idea what to do about that. That is what is upsetting me the most.

Sometimes its so hard to live in Australia :(

Kirsten
02-15-2004, 04:46 AM
God, this makes me so angry!!! What a stupid **** (I better do not say this here)!!! :mad:

wolf_Q, thanks for reporting that to ebay, but I'm really worried about this poor cat. Someone should take Austin away from that idiot! Are there any local animal rights organizations in the Boca Raton area/Florida that could be informed?

Please, anyone living in that area must do something!!! :( :( :(

Geez, this makes me so mad!! Thought about sending messages to that seller but then again I was wondering if that would only provoke him to do something to that kitty.

The entire thing makes me especially sad since I also have these peeing and pooping problems with Luna. There are so many things you can do to help them when they have these problems, and for me, it has never been an option to give her up because of these things, I love her so much, no matter if she has these potty accidents or not!!! But there are so many people out there who should never be allowed to have pets!!

Kirsten

PayItForward
02-15-2004, 05:53 AM
Remember when I found someone trying to sell kittens on ebay :mad:

Pam
02-15-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Ok, I reported it.

:mad: :mad: :mad: Thank you Amy!

boscibo
02-15-2004, 08:03 AM
How horrible. I'm glad it was reported, but if the auction is cancelled, the guy will keep the cat - and who knows how he'll try and get rid of it this time! I agree with Kirsten - someone who lives in that area needs to do something about that poor cat.

I feel so bad when I see animals on eBay. I know they will be reported, but I often think the animal will be better off not with the cold-hearted person who is trying to sell them via eBay. I just keep hoping that the high bidder is a softie who recognizes this animal's plight and is bidding to save the poor thing.

catnapper
02-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Can people really be this dumb? Poor thing was only up to $5.50 too!

I wish we had room in our budget for her - we could afford the $5.50, not the extra food and vet costs!

Kirsten
02-15-2004, 09:08 AM
I just keep hoping that the high bidder is a softie who recognizes this animal's plight and is bidding to save the poor thing

I thought the same... and if not, I don't even want to picture what will happen to the poor baby! :(

Wish I was rich, there are so many animals in this world who would need help and support! :(

Kirsten

All Creatures Great And Small
02-15-2004, 09:37 AM
I am just as sickened and disgusted as the rest of you - I also reported him to eBay, and I sent him an email asking why he doesn't just take the cat to the Humane Society if he finds her so objectionable. I asked him how he would ship the cat to Wisconsin if I chose to bid on her too. (I'll let you know when I get a response from him.) Then I went a step further and called the Palm Beach County Sheriffs Department (animal cruelty division) and spoke with a very nice deputy there who said he will contact eBay and see if they will give him this idiot's phone number or address. Maybe if this piece of human excrement knows that he's under investigation by the sheriffs department, he'll retract that listing and surrender that gorgeous cat.

trayi52
02-15-2004, 10:07 AM
I just clicked on the link and it must not be there anymore, because it just took me to the homepage. So I assume it has been retracted as of now.

02-15-2004, 10:10 AM
It's still there, unfortunately - :(

moosmom
02-15-2004, 10:51 AM
I tried to send this dirtbag an email. Unfortunately I can remember what my member name and password are, that's how long it's been since I've used it. I hope to hell they take poor Austin off of e-bay. I just hope to GOD he's okay. I'd be willing to take him. The poor thing needs a Vet, not to be abused by this piece of crap.

moosmom
02-15-2004, 10:56 AM
I sent this piece of $hit an e-mail. I want SO bad to tell him to just ship the cat to me. But I don't want to contribute to his stupidity. I'm in fear for Austin's life.

Here's what I said:

You need to get this poor cat to a vet now!! What you are doing is not only stupid, but it's illegal. You are not allowed to sell animals on E-Bay. Read the fine print and get some help will ya? I can recommend a shrink in the Palm Beach area.

hippo
02-15-2004, 11:00 AM
GRRRRR...... :mad:
how encrediby angrifying......GRRRRR...... :mad:
Why the heck would they call it a "Clico plush with real bodily functions??"
:confused:
its soo... wrong to do this to a living, breathing creature:(
Well it sounds like those who live neer and have an e bay account have taken action, thank you very much.
but still... wow:eek:

kimlovescats
02-15-2004, 11:03 AM
I just sent "him" and e-mail as well, asking if he is indeed serious about this. Suggesting he take this kitty to a local RESCUE, or if not .... had he confirmed the shipping details and amount. The $4.50 price quote sounds low to me. If he writes me back and can confirm the shipping details for a LIVE animal :rolleyes: I will bid on this precious baby girl!!!

SO SAD and SICK!!!!!:( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

moosmom
02-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Kim,

If he writes me back and can confirm the shipping details for a LIVE animal I will bid on this precious baby girl!!!

I also wanted to bid on her. But I refuse to contribute to this guy's stupdity. Not only that, but it IS illegal to sell live animals on e-bay.

I did report him to e-bay. It has been reported by others as well. I just hope that this will NOT endanger Austin's life. Because if e-bay DOES delete the bid, what will happen to her???

I'm saying a prayer for her. From his description, it sounds like we're not exactly dealing with the brightest crayon in the box!

BastetsMum
02-15-2004, 11:23 AM
You guys are so wonderful. How I found her was that she was posted on another forum - someone was searching for plush cats and this popped up. Yes he is serious about the $4.50 shipping fee as that is whatit will cost for a *plush* cat.

My hands are tied in Au or I would be doing more than just reporting it.

Karen
02-15-2004, 11:56 AM
This is against eBay's user policy, I hope he gets in trouble for running the ad, banned from eBay forever, and the cat gets confiscated by the Humane Society.

jazzcat
02-15-2004, 12:21 PM
The auction is still up so I reported it too just in hopes if enough of us do they will act quickly.

This is terrible! I'm going to pray this poor little cat comes out of this safely.

Kirsten
02-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks All Creatures Great And Small for informing the Sheriff department, and thanks to those who would take poor Austin!

I really hope that idiot won't do anything to her!!

Kirsten

RedHedd
02-15-2004, 12:26 PM
GRRRR :mad: :mad: I want to report this ****head. I guess I used to have an E-Bay ID but I've forgotten it and if you aren't registered you can't report - I even tried sending the info to the "abuse" e-mail which most websites have, but it, too, takes me to the register pages. I hope enough people report this idiot. I also hope poor Austin gets the medical attention and loving home s/he deserves. People like this should NOT be allowed to breed! GRRRRRRRRRr :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

rg_girlca
02-15-2004, 01:02 PM
What a complete MORON. Poor sweet kitty. Why the H*** does this idiot have an animal for in the first place if he can't take care of it properly. Instead of doing something so idiotic as putting it on E-Bay, bring the poor thing to a vet and get it medical help.

I hope and pray All Creatures Great and Small, that the animal cruelty division is able to do something for this precious baby.
Thank you for taking this a step further.

Please God, look out for dear sweet Austin that she is out of the hands of this B****** and into a forever loving home that will take care of her properly.

amoore
02-15-2004, 01:04 PM
That just broke my heart reading that add! I would like to stomp that sorry------!:mad:

RedHedd
02-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Well, E-Bay sure doesn't make it easy to report something like this, but a cat's life is more important to me than having to click through numerous pages and register my information. But I did it anyway. I hope others do too, although when I finally submitted the report I received a message that this "item" has already been reported. Let's keep up the good work!

trayi52
02-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Where do you go to report this? I buy a lot of items off ebay. I just don't know where to report this.

I finally got the link to show up! He describes the poot kitty like it was some sort of monster. Whoever it is can't get a date because of this more kitty! I really don't think they need a date!

Let me know the link to go to and report this, and I will also pose a complaint!

Willie

Miss Meow
02-15-2004, 03:40 PM
As per Willie, how do we lodge a complaint with ebay? I'm logged in but can't find a way :( The auction is still open :mad:

wolf_Q
02-15-2004, 03:48 PM
What the $*#^ is wrong with Ebay? I sent my complaint in last night, I can't believe they haven't done anything!! :mad:

Here's how I did it, there may be other ways...

Go to this link http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/wildlife.html and at the bottom it says "Report listing violations or problems with another eBay member." Click on that, enter your user name/password. Then put in the item number which is 3175140080

Miss Meow
02-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Amy, I followed your link and entered the number. Said it wasn't valid, which is weird, because it's the correct number. Hopefully it means they are working on it.

wolf_Q
02-15-2004, 03:58 PM
That's odd as I just sent it in again myself with that number and it worked.

trayi52
02-15-2004, 04:01 PM
I followed the link and done what you said to do, and they reported back to me that there were already a list of complaints in on this auction.

dappledoxie
02-15-2004, 04:05 PM
OMG, I cannot believe what I am seeing on eBay, that has got to be one of the worst things ever. I am so glad you guys are doing so much to help. I am going to register just to complain as well, send in a report and such. That poor cat! I cannot believe it!!! What a sorry sack of s***!:mad:

Kirsten
I've also reported that person now, but I still fear for that kitty.

I have also posted about this on my own cat board (http://pub14.ezboard.com/fkirstensbrethartpagesforbretfanspetfans.showMessa ge?topicID=883.topic) and a friend of mine did some research and found the website of an animal shelter in Boca Raton (http://www.adoptme.org/adoptme). She has informed them about the incident. Maybe when we all email them, they can do something about it. I wonder if ebay would give out information on the seller under these circumstances.

Edited to say: The email link on the contact page of the animal shelter isn't working, but in the html-script of the page I found this email addy, it should work: [email protected]
I informed them now.

Kirsten

trayi52
I also got this e-mail from them:

Thank you for your report.

The form from which your report was received indicates that you are
reporting a potentially prohibited or restricted item. If your email
was not to report a questionable listing please go back and select a
subject that is more appropriate to your concern.

We will thoroughly investigate the item number(s) you have reported.
Please keep in mind that the actions taken on a specific listing are
confidential and between eBay and the seller. We will not be able to
keep you abreast of any developments for privacy reasons, but we assure
you that we will thoroughly examine this information.

So anyway I have no idea what they are going to do.

trayi52
02-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Did you look at the pictures? Maybe if they would clean its litterbox the way they were supposed to, they would not have that problem! Jeesh, I wonder what their bathroom looks like! Dirty person...Look at the other pictures! How sad for the cat.

Kirsten
02-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Did you look at the pictures? Maybe if they would clean its litterbox the way they were supposed to, they would not have that problem! Jeesh, I wonder what their bathroom looks like! Dirty person...Look at the other pictures! How sad for the cat.

Exactly, I was just about to post the same! That poor kitty probably doesn't want to use such a dirty box!

God, how much I hate people like that! :mad:

Kirsten

Kirsten
02-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I also got this e-mail from them:

Thank you for your report.

The form from which your report was received indicates that you are
reporting a potentially prohibited or restricted item. If your email
was not to report a questionable listing please go back and select a
subject that is more appropriate to your concern.

We will thoroughly investigate the item number(s) you have reported.
Please keep in mind that the actions taken on a specific listing are
confidential and between eBay and the seller. We will not be able to
keep you abreast of any developments for privacy reasons, but we assure
you that we will thoroughly examine this information.

So anyway I have no idea what they are going to do.

I got the same reply btw. However, I did not find a more appropriate subject in their listings, so I hope it has worked!

BTW, trayi, your Grover resembles that kitty a bit. Sad to look at both of them and then realize how much one is loved while the other one has such a bad life! :(

Kirsten

sirrahbed
02-15-2004, 04:26 PM
It is almost 5:30 EST and the kitty is still listed. I have also registered my complaint. I am surprised it is still there. I do not blame eBay - it is mostly automated, but this is just so sick. The seller has a pretty good rating, too - selling since 1999 and I read his reviews. The "high bidder" is called "hockeyplayer" which makes me sick. If you look at the bidding history, you can tell that this "hockeyplayer" is using an automated bid system as well, (because of the multiple bids all in a row in small amounts) so I suspect the whole thing is a sick joke and that nobody is seriously planning to purchase this animal - but it is still sick. I wish I could make out the items in the picture - a "Budget Travel" magazine, etc - can anyone tell what the video is or any of the other items like the white rectangle near the video?? I keep thinking these are significant and that this is a sick joke. Surely. Otherwise, whoever bids and "wins" will be automatically out the money and is very unlikely to get anything and besides, who would "bid" seriously on a kitten???

Kirsten
02-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Maybe it IS a joke indeed, but it's a sick one. It doesn't show any respect for a living creature, and the one who's doing that should have to face the consequences! :mad:

Just sent him a message and asked him if he's serious about this. Just a simple question, and I wonder if he'll reply.

Kirsten

sirrahbed
02-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Maybe it IS a joke indeed, but it's a sick one. It doesn't show any respect for a living creature, and the one who's doing that should have to face the consequences! :mad:

Kirsten

oh YES, I agree Kirsten, very sick. I guess I am just thinking as I post. The guy is a sicko whatever he is doing, no doubt about that. It is just on my mind and I have been trying to make some LOGICAL sense out of such a horrible situation. But there is no logic to be found. What my hope is.... that the kitten is being used as a joke to get a reaction from people - which it obviously is. At best, Austin is still in an awful home environment. I wish I had never seen this thing. I do not know WHY people do things like this!! WHY they would make the effort to take the pictures, post the stuff - register the auction...it takes effort and money...what is in their minds???? I am so sick of SICK people, too! YES I think he/she should face consequences - but how likely is that? Not very. Sickos get off far too often. YES I am mad too. I am not making excuses, I am SICK.:mad: :mad: and I am SAD, and I am just trying to make some sense before the world goes postal.:( :mad:
I sent my complaints in to eBay but just get the automated responses, I have two accounts... and nothing to indicate it has been reported. I would bet no PERSON there even knows it yet. This is still on after the whole day!! That is too long!!! I have reported to eBay before and they are usually good about getting the auctions closed, even though I have NEVER had a personal reply. Maybe because it is Sunday...
I am just venting here - not defending anyone - I am angry about this too. It makes me sick.:(

kimlovescats
02-15-2004, 04:56 PM
I'd say it's his girlfriend's cat, and he's playing a very SICK joke, and we are giving him just the rise he wanted!!!:rolleyes: :( :mad:

sirrahbed
02-15-2004, 05:08 PM

Just sent him a message and asked him if he's serious about this. Just a simple question, and I wonder if he'll reply.

Kirsten

I went back to do just this, and even wrote a polite note, but then realize that sending it in, via the eBay "ask seller a question" gives him my real e-mail which includes my first and last name:( I do not want any sicko harrassing me.:( Also, my ISP is local and it would be so easy to find meven my phone number. I do not need this nut bothering me.

PayItForward
02-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
I'd say it's his girlfriend's cat, and he's playing a very SICK joke, and we are giving him just the rise he wanted!!!:rolleyes: :( :mad:
I hope it is a sick joke. :( Rather than the alternative.

Fox-Gal
02-15-2004, 05:11 PM
OMG. I'm so glad that everyone reported this to e-bay. I also reported it and sent a link to a friend of mine that works at the Palm Beach County animal control.

I also e-mail the man and asked if he was serious about selling the cat or if it was just a joke. I tried being nice just in case it is some joke and then asked him if it was a joke to edit his auction and let people know. I also went so far as to tell him if he was serious about getting rid of him, I would drive down and get him. I offered him $20 to end the auction and let me come get him.

I know some might think it's wrong to offer him money but the only thing that matters is the cat and if I have to pay to save him, I will.

jazzcat
02-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
I know some might think it's wrong to offer him money but the only thing that matters is the cat and if I have to pay to save him, I will.
Fox-gal - if you can get Austin away from this idiot I don't care if you do give him money but hopefully an animal rescue to get her without the jerk profitting. I agree, the only thing that matters right now is the cat.

sirrahbed
02-15-2004, 05:26 PM
I also reported it and sent a link to a friend of mine that works at the Palm Beach County animal control.
Fox-Gal -WONDERFUL!! I hope they can do something and quickly.

I also e-mail the man and asked if he was serious about selling the cat or if it was just a joke. I tried being nice just in case it is some joke and then asked him if it was a joke to edit his auction and let people know. I also went so far as to tell him if he was serious about getting rid of him, I would drive down and get him. I offered him $20 to end the auction and let me come get him.

Bless you, Fox-Gal, for trying to do something practical to get to the bottom of this and to help, if possible. I suspect this idiot is laughing his butt off - maybe he will get more than he bargained for....like a call or visit from county officials?? I wish!! I am probably paranoid - but if he DOES say bring $20 and come get Austin, I hope you bring an armada with you - maybe even a news crew.

Don Juan's mom
02-15-2004, 05:31 PM
OK, I'm a seller on eBay, and I've just put in a complaint. People like that give us ALL a bad name!

I'll also send the link to my sister in NJ, who is another eBayer. Don't know if she can save the kitty, as she already has two (one of which her daughter brought home without permission). Have all of us called the Boca Raton authorities?

(Kind of apropriate, that the name of the town translates as "rat mouth.")

Maybe I'll try to bid on the poor thing, too, even though I'm still unemployed and Don Juan likes being an only cat.

Liz

PS: Please be assured that the little Valentine doggie I'm selling in the same category is NOT a live dog.

kimlovescats
02-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Fox-Gal .... thanks so much for your offer, hope he is wise enough to accept it! But like sirrahbed said, please be CAREFUL!!!!

I too am an e-bayer, and I LOVE IT.... not fair for a few weirdos to give us all a bad name!!! :mad:

PayItForward
02-15-2004, 05:39 PM

I reported him to ebay earlier to but if $20 can save that cat, it is $20 well spend.

I am still hoping this is a joke but if you do end up with her, I promise a small donation towards getting that cat to a good home.

Fox-Gal
02-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
[B
Bless you, Fox-Gal, for trying to do something practical to get to the bottom of this and to help, if possible. I suspect this idiot is laughing his butt off - maybe he will get more than he bargained for....like a call or visit from county officials?? I wish!! I am probably paranoid - but if he DOES say bring $20 and come get Austin, I hope you bring an armada with you - maybe even a news crew. [/B]

If he does take the $20, I'm at least taking my husband and friend down with me. There's no way in H#$% that I'm going there alone. :eek:

If I did get the cat, I think it would be better to wait till Austin safe in hand and then call the news, etc. At least try to stop this man from ever owning a pet again.

Fox-Gal
02-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
I reported him to ebay earlier to but if $20 can save that cat, it is $20 well spend.

I am still hoping this is a joke but if you do end up with her, I promise a small donation towards getting that cat to a good home.

Thank you for that.

I will have to find a home, I really can't take on any more pets right now, but sometimes you have to make do, to save a life.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Did everyone catch the stupid description?

Here you are folks ... Austin the DREAM CAT from hell ... A real dream or nightmare ..!! Go for it !! Your very own Puddy Cat .. A true treat if you want your house stinkin like a sesspool!! Austin acts like a real cat but the fun part is that she really has anal leakage and pees at will .. It's awesome to watch her do her business all over your house . The bed , under the bed , the couch, rug every corner It's great!! The best was up in the felt lining up under the couch .. took days to find those turds .. malso pees on your clothing .. Try getting a date with that stench on ya!! Bid with confidence ,,... Shes a real winner!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: He needs to rot in hell. IMO.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don Juan's mom
02-15-2004, 05:50 PM
I've gotten the same form e-mail back from eBay. EBay is located here in sunny :rolleyes: San Jose, so it operates on Pacific time. Maybe we'll get some action on this tomorrow.

Please don't think that all of us eBayers are like that. I've been a user for more than a year, and have had only one bad experience. Of course, it would have to be for the most expensive item! :mad:

Don Juan is kissing my hand ;) so i hope that means i've done enough.

:confused:

jazzcat
02-15-2004, 06:01 PM
If you want to help "push" eBay along on handling this as they should here is their phone number.
Ebay:
1-800-322-9266

Their phone hours are M-F 7:30 am-5:30 pm PST so don't bother calling them until tomorrow. I plan to try calling and complaining about this. I don't know if they will be very helpful at this number but it is worth logging the complaint this way too.

They need to stay on top of things like this better.

BastetsMum
02-15-2004, 06:05 PM
This is NOT a joke. It is real. This sicko IS trying to sell the cat. The $4.50 shipping is for a plush toy and that is ALL he is willing to spend on shipping. This is what he posted to me in an email after I asked him.

He emailed another person on the site I got this from. He said to her that if this auction goes well he is going to sell other live *plushes*. However, this is heresay from this person.

As for beleiving her. I do. I have no reason to mistrust a person who wants to put the animal's welfare first.

kimlovescats
02-15-2004, 06:29 PM
It still doesn't make any sense! It doesn't matter what HE wants to spend on shipping ..... there are laws and requirements for shipping LIVE animals!!!! :rolleyes:

delidog
02-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Oh That is Horrible!!!!

and just an Hour away...
I tried to sign on to e-bey...but since I haven't even looked at it for over a year...I am locked out....
Then I went to reset mysign on...and I get...This page canno be found....
Fox-Gal...Any word????
Can I help???

trayi52
02-15-2004, 07:37 PM
I was just going to ask you guys how in the world do you ship a live animal for $4.50? Is Shipping and handling a lot higher than that??? I honest to God don't understand that at all.

RedHedd
02-15-2004, 07:56 PM
One could possibly ship a plush toy animal for about $4.50. Obviously this person is delusional or serious about trying to send a live kitten through the post via priority mail.

trayi52
02-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Have you looked at his/her feedback? Greenstar, has 99.1 positive feedback!!:eek:

Amber
02-15-2004, 08:24 PM
OH MY GOSH!

terrible, terrible, terrible! :mad: :mad: :mad:

jenny pressutti
02-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Hi, I'm new to pet talk. I can't believe someone would be so cruel! I can't stand people who are mean to animals (to me, they are my kids) I have 22 cats and 8 dogs plus I'm taking care of a mommy and daddy cat with 3 kittens who showed up living under my porch. Please keep us updated on Austin.

tutebugs
02-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
One could possibly ship a plush toy animal for about $4.50. Obviously this person is delusional or serious about trying to send a live kitten through the post via priority mail.

Or...they're just doing it to get everyone worked up and get attention. I'm sure all the emails and reports they're getting is just making them gloat

amoore
02-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Why would E-bay let this creep on? I would never buy anything from there, after seeing that!

Uabassoon
02-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Fox-gal any word from him yet?

trayi52
02-15-2004, 09:54 PM
Kirsten, Austin does look a lot like Grover! The white on her is the only thing that throw you off, but look at her eyes! So much like Grover's wide eye expression. Poor baby!

It looks like they not only not clean the litterbox, they don't put enough litter in. Grover likes to have her litterbox just right. Now she is spoiled to one certain kind of litter! If she don't get the kind she wants she digs it out.

I wonder what they are feeding it. Darn, why can't somebody help her!

trayi52
02-15-2004, 10:01 PM
I just sent him a question asking him if he guranteed live delivery and what kind of shipping he would be using.

amoore
02-15-2004, 10:12 PM
I can tell you one thing That little kitty don't get love from that beast!

Poor little baby.:(

G.P.girl
02-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by jenny pressutti
I have 22 cats and 8 dogs plus .
wow that's alot of kitties! welcome to PT:)

People like that really piss me off:mad:

shais_mom
02-15-2004, 10:27 PM
I reported him too.
Altho a little late I'm afraid!

shais_mom
02-15-2004, 11:51 PM
I received this from Ebay when I gave them the item number.
Report a prohibited item or listing policy violation > Prohibited (banned) items > The problem you're having with prohibited items isn't listed

Item Number(s):
3175140080 $US US !43322! 010199

KRistin420548
02-16-2004, 12:04 AM
I was very appalled by this and reported it as well.

People need to learn that animals are not disposable! If you don't have the time, energy and love to give them all they need, don't bother getting a pet!

CatDad
02-16-2004, 12:06 AM
shais_mom, that wierd because I just clicked on the like that BastetsMum provided at the begining of the thread and it still comes up as active.

I just checked the auction number that you had in your post and it is the correct number.

KRistin420548
02-16-2004, 12:23 AM
It is still up and going on there, you would think someone at E-bay would have put a stop to this after so many complaints, as well as it being against the rules. :mad:

tutebugs
02-16-2004, 02:16 AM
I just got an email and it looks like it was sent to a bunch of people, not sure if it's any of you.

All you people are pathetic ...can't you tell a joke when you see one. I've got so many funny emails from people all over except for u sorry group of saps...... ITS A JOKE DUMB @$$ES!!

trayi52
02-16-2004, 02:23 AM
I didn't get anything like that. Did you reply to him or something? I ask him if he guaranteed live delivery, and what kind of shipping he would be using.

I would say the joke is on him/her for putting something so stupid up in the first place! We don't look like the dumb---, he/she is the one that looks exactly like one. Wouldn't you say, tutebugs?

Willie

PayItForward
02-16-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by tutebugs
I just got an email and it looks like it was sent to a bunch of people, not sure if it's any of you.
Please post his email address or PM it to me if you want, I would like to email explaining about the real kittens who WERE REALLY FOR SALE ON EBAY.

How are people meant to be able to tell the difference between idiot playing a sick joke and a stupid person really trying to sell a pet on Ebay.

trayi52
02-16-2004, 02:35 AM
PayItForward, I really don't understand somebody playing a joke like that, and ebay putting up with it! The guy has 99.1 % good feedback, I don't get it. I would just like to know the deal with this person and ebay. The cat is still up for sale, if it was a joke, then why would it still be up?

Like I said, I just totally don't understand this crap. Did they just fix the litterbox t look that gross?

Willie

tutebugs
02-16-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Please post his email address or PM it to me if you want, I would like to email explaining about the real kittens who WERE REALLY FOR SALE ON EBAY.

How are people meant to be able to tell the difference between idiot playing a sick joke and a stupid person really trying to sell a pet on Ebay.

It's up in my post

02-16-2004, 06:33 AM
Thankfully, I didn't receive that e-mail from this Neanderthal, but those of you who did, please forward a copy to eBay. They also have rules about profanity and harassing other eBay members, so the more we can pile on this idiot, the better. Some joke - people who truly love cats would not find this amusing in the least, and he would not be calling Pet Talkers "a pathetic bunch of saps" if he loved that cat. A winning bid on eBay is a legally binding contract, meaning if this auction finishes, and he doesn't send anyone a cat, he'll be in even deeper doo-doo with eBay. I have thought of a dozen more e-mails I could send him, but they would fall on deaf (and really stupid) ears. God, I want that cat! If only to give her a clean, properly filled litterbox! I think I'll wait until the last few minutes of the auction and then put in a huge bid - then call a lawyer when he doesn't give me the cat!

Kirsten
02-16-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
Thankfully, I didn't receive that e-mail from this Neanderthal, but those of you who did, please forward a copy to eBay. They also have rules about profanity and harassing other eBay members, so the more we can pile on this idiot, the better. Some joke - people who truly love cats would not find this amusing in the least, and he would not be calling Pet Talkers "a pathetic bunch of saps" if he loved that cat. A winning bid on eBay is a legally binding contract, meaning if this auction finishes, and he doesn't send anyone a cat, he'll be in even deeper doo-doo with eBay. I have thought of a dozen more e-mails I could send him, but they would fall on deaf (and really stupid) ears. God, I want that cat! If only to give her a clean, properly filled litterbox! I think I'll wait until the last few minutes of the auction and then put in a huge bid - then call a lawyer when he doesn't give me the cat!

It's a wonderful thing you're planning to do, and I really wish someone like you would have poor Austin!

Joke or not, nobody who really cares for his pet would do something like that. Also, I can't believe that litter box has only been decorated like that for the ebay picture. All these things give you the idea that Austin doesn't have a very good life with that guy and that she's not treated respectfully.

Getting contacted by a lawyer who tells him he has to give that kitty to the highest bidder (hopefully you!!) would be what he deserves, but I fear the "hidden" bid of that hockeyplayer18 (who is most likely a friend of that idiot) will be so high that it can't be topped. :(

Kirsten

02-16-2004, 06:54 AM
I fear the "hidden" bid of that hockeyplayer18 (who is most likely a friend of that idiot) will be so high that it can't be topped. :(

Oh, I seriously doubt "hockeyplayer18" has as many financial resources as I do ............ ;)

Kirsten
02-16-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
Oh, I seriously doubt "hockeyplayer18" has as many financial resources as I do ............ ;)

:D :D :D

Kirsten

catcrazylady
02-16-2004, 07:31 AM
I have been out of touch for a day and a half and I can't believe how much I have missed!!!
I am just now catching up on this and I am running the gammut of emotions!! I have tears in my eyes due to the overwhelming kindness and concern from all of you for that beautiful kitty! I also have tears in my eyes for that poor baby. Joke or no joke it is sick!!:mad: :mad: :mad: http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/mad.gif It is also illegal and against ebay's policy! I think he should no longer be allowed to sell on ebay and I think he should lose his cat!!!!!
I will be checking throughout the day and if anything else can be done I'm willing.
God bless you all and a very special blessing for the beautiful Austin.

Fox-Gal
02-16-2004, 07:47 AM
I have not gotton a e-mail from him yet, maybe because it is a joke, he doesn't want to answer a offer request. Lets just hope he's a man with a odd sense of humor and he really does love his cat. Joke or not it's still wrong and e-bay should put him on notice and tell him to clean that litter box! :D

My husband seems to thinks that maybe he's pissed off at the wife or girlfriend and trying to bug her. Like he said to me, if you left the litter box that dirty, I rasie a little H#$% too.

When I get home tonight, I'll check agian for an e-mail from him, maybe he'll give me some kind of answer. I was hoping that sesne I was nice in my request that I'd be more likely to get a responce back from him with some answer to whats going on.

Catching flys with suger sort of thing. :D

catmandu
02-16-2004, 09:16 AM
That is a reprehesible thing to do to a Cat. Maybe she has mediacl problems that causes her to be like this , but nooone desrves this kind of treatment. I think that the idiot that did this wouldnt be worth two red cents , Grrr from the Found Cats!

Desert Arabian
02-16-2004, 10:12 AM
I personally think that more people need to call the Sherrif's Department like mom did and urge them to get the guys information from eBay, so they can investigate him for animal cruelty. You know darn well there is some kind form of abuse going on, even though she looks well fed, I bet this cat hasn't been to a vet for a long time. If her owner was kind and caring he obviously would not do something like this. :( :(

Poor kitty! She reminds me of our old tortie we had when I was a little kid. :(

RedHedd
02-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by jenny pressutti
Hi, I'm new to pet talk. I can't stand people who are mean to animals (to me, they are my kids) I have 22 cats and 8 dogs plus I'm taking care of a mommy and daddy cat with 3 kittens who showed up living under my porch. Please keep us updated on Austin.

First off - Welcome to PT! Everyone here is pet friendly and here on the cat side we're Cat fanatics. I love that everyone is being so proactive about Austin's posting on eBay. So far the link is still live - I just hope s/he is too! It's President's Day here in the states and most business here in California are closed for the holiday, so I'm not sure eBay will do anything until tomorrow.

I also posted this on the alt.cats newsgroup and have gotten that group of cat lovers involved in this crusade.

I too sent the seller an e-mail but I don't expect a response. Perhaps if some of us post negative feedback on this person's listing? Has anyone tried? The whole thing just makes me so sick!

Pressutti - we need pictures of your herd!

zippy-kat
02-16-2004, 11:43 AM
It's possible ebay personnel have the day off due to the holiday. Let's (try to) give them the benefit of the doubt. :-/

Also, if it *IS* a joke and he *IS* mad at his wife/girlfriend, then hopefully, hopefully, hopefully this kitty does get care/love from at least one member of the family.

Regardless of whether it's a joke or not, I hope ebay will reprimand the seller BIG TIME. Likewise, I hope the winning bidder will (1) catch him in a lawsuit and/or (2) get that precious kitty out of there and into a better situation!! :(

ACGAS, did you ask to be notified by the Sheriff's department re: any follow-up?

zippy-kat
02-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
I received this from Ebay when I gave them the item number.
Report a prohibited item or listing policy violation > Prohibited (banned) items > The problem you're having with prohibited items isn't listed

Item Number(s):
3175140080 $US US !43322! 010199

When you enter the item, ONLY the numerical text should be typed. (ie take out the "Item Number(s):" and "$US US !43322! 010199.") I got the same error message the first time. :)

jazzcat
02-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Well I just called ebay and spoke with a customer service rep. He checked my account and saw where I filed the complaint yesterday and then he verified that the auction was still up so he said he would send the investigation team another email asking they follow up on the complaints into this auction.

I doubt it will help much but I tried.

Desert Arabian
02-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
I doubt it will help much but I tried.

That's all that matters. :)

ramanth
02-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Well, as of 1 p.m. EST today, the auction is still live. I logged on and filed a complaint with Ebay and it said it went thru.

As for that email.... he's the stupid one!! Up until now, he's had a flawless feedback. Why be a dumb@$$ and tarnish that with a sick stupid joke. (Since that's what he's claiming it to be.) Now he'll either be on Ebay's radar or banned. Clueless.

And if it isn't a joke, well, I commend all of you that have contacted local law enforcements to get Austin out of that situation.

And Fox-gal, I hope you have luck with getting the kitty.

*HUGS*

02-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Yes, Tonya, the deputy I talked to was very nice, and he took my name and phone number. He said he would call back if he heard anything, but then he may have just been humoring a weird lady from Wisconsin (LOL) so that I wouldn't call him again. I didn't foam at the mouth or anything; just explained the situation and that I was afraid for the cat.

Even if he is just trying to "annoy his girlfriend" or something, it's a very immature way to deal with a very real problem that the cat apparently has. (He did make some mention about "trying to get a date" in his listing, so I'm thinking he's in the market, although I don't know what girl in her right mind would want to date this cretin.) Whenever these kind of "jokes" are perpetrated, it's always on cats, never dogs, and this kind of garbage does not need a global audience on eBay. There's enough of a problem worldwide with disrespect for cats without this numbskull adding to it.

Fox-Gal, I'm glad you can restrain yourself enough to sweet talk this loser, because as much as I would love to take that cat, I can't control my anger when I think of e-mailing him.

catnapper
02-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Never haven bid on e-bay, I thought that the seller agreed to pay e-bay a percentage of the selling price of an item. That said, if we could up the price and up and up it then his friend & he would have to pay a percentage of the sale price - the cost of their "joke" when they "won" the bid. I would imagine it could add up if the price went high enough. Or they would lose the auction and send the cat to its new PT hme or go to court over non-delivery of the cat. Either way, we'll hit him where it hurts. If he is peeved at his girlfriend and the cat ends up being sold, then she'll be doing a number on him!

I cannot beilieve e-bay's not hopping on this. They've received enough negative press over things like this that they should want to stop it immediately. Holiday or not, there should be somebody working! Its too big a company to close completely.

zippy-kat
02-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I cannot beilieve e-bay's not hopping on this.

I'm upset by this too!!! Esp. since jazzcat verified that SOMEONE is obviously working there today, granted the customer service reps might have to work while the investigation team enjoys the day off. I don't know but I wish they'd hurry!

I think you're right (seller has to pay ebay a share of the profits) but I have no idea how that part works.

Miss Meow
02-16-2004, 02:54 PM
I just tried the link again and got this:

The item you requested (3175140080) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available.

I hope that means it's been removed.

ramanth
02-16-2004, 03:00 PM
YES Miss Meow! It has been removed!

Now... how to save the cat!? :confused: :( :)

sirrahbed
02-16-2004, 03:02 PM
I put the auction on "watch" status - just something you can do as an eBayer and it now says the auction is closed. So, that is probably good news that it has been closed before the deadline. Hoping that eBay made him close it and will deal with it.

Don Juan's mom
02-16-2004, 03:08 PM
I just ran a search under the item number and got the "invalid item" screen. Also tried the original link on this thread to make sure. I do believe eBay has taken it down, as of 1:00 PM PST. :D

Much rejoicing here. But the next time Don Juan insists on draping his tail over the screen when I'm trying to apply for a job.....:mad:

Liz

02-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Well, there's a few on this board who received an e-mail from "Mr. Wonderful", so they at least have an e-mail address for him if they want to follow up and find out more about the cat. I guess we'll never know what happens.............:(

trayi52
02-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Yeap, I checked it is down. They took it off. I think that is wonderful news! I got the same message as some of you:

Invalid Item
The item you requested (3175140080) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available

I hope they suspended him! I never got any e-mail from him though I did e-mail him to ask a question. How many here got e-mails from him? What was his e-mail address?

Willie

moosmom
02-17-2004, 07:41 AM
All you people are pathetic ...can't you tell a joke when you see one. I've got so many funny emails from people all over except for u sorry group of saps...... ITS A JOKE DUMB @$$ES!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the same e-mail. And he calls US dumb@sses!! He's too damn stupid to LIVE!!!

Kirsten
02-17-2004, 10:30 AM
eBay has cancelled it now, you'll get an "invalid item" page now when you click the link.

I fear now we will never know what happens to that poor kitty... :(

Kirsten

BastetsMum
02-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Oh yes I got the same email today. I find it absolutely hilarious *NOT*. That guy is toast in what ever gods he believes in.

I am sure that there are many people here who will pursue the matter through the proper authorities. Austin has the best team rooting for her if you ask me :)

PJSZOO
02-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
First off - Welcome to PT! Everyone here is pet friendly and here on the cat side we're Cat fanatics. I love that everyone is being so proactive about Austin's posting on eBay. So far the link is still live - I just hope s/he is too! It's President's Day here in the states and most business here in California are closed for the holiday, so I'm not sure eBay will do anything until tomorrow.

I also posted this on the alt.cats newsgroup and have gotten that group of cat lovers involved in this crusade.

I too sent the seller an e-mail but I don't expect a response. Perhaps if some of us post negative feedback on this person's listing? Has anyone tried? The whole thing just makes me so sick!

OTEPressutti - we need pictures of your herd!

PJSZOO
02-18-2004, 08:48 PM
hello again,
I was logged in as J. Pressutti, but changed that to PJSZOO "Peter and Jenny's zoo" (was more appropriate.) I'm not really adept at the computer/email thing, so please bear with me. I will send pictures of my "herd" as soon as I figure out how to do so. I am very sad today as I lost one of my best friends yesterday. My beagle, Daisy, became very ill and after 3 trips to the vet she was not getting any better. Her kidneys were failing, she had a heart murmur, and we found a tumor on her liver. She was 10 years old and the sweetest baby. I will miss her terribly. I knew that this group of wonderful pet lovers would understand. I seem to have several babies with medical problems, we have one kitty with asthma, one with feline urologic syndrome, one with hypertropic cardiomyopathy, one with seizures, one that has chronic sinus type infections. We're constantly at the vet. But we love them all!

amoore
02-18-2004, 09:59 PM
PJSZOO, Welcome to Pet Talk! I am sorry for your lose. I know it will be hard on you for a long time. You sound like a very sweet mom to daisy. My heart goes out to you.

I am so glad you came to Pet Talk. It is a great place to be. I have found wonderful caring people here.

Ann:)