PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Grandmother please!

Kater
02-14-2004, 10:49 PM
My maternal grandmother, Irene, currently has pneumonia in both lungs. She will be turning 90 years old in a few months and is in fairly good health for her age. Initially she had a sinus infection and there was no chest congestion but recent x-rays show that her lungs have fluid, indicating pneumonia. While she is fairly healthy for her age, pneumonia can be very difficult to “kick” with the compromised immune system of an older person.

This really has me worried and when I read the e-mail about her diagnosis I burst out crying in the computer lab. :( I have experienced many deaths of older people caused by infections such as pneumonia. My father used to take me to area hospitals when he would visit the churches older members and serve them communion. It was always very emotional for me to make these visits because I knew that at any time I might hear that the person I had just grown to love was gone.

Grandma Irene is an angel and I love her with all my heart – I cannot even imagine losing her. Please send some of your wonderful *Pet Talk Prayers* to this amazing matriarch.

Here is Irene pictured with her great-granddaughter (my niece, Bella) from this past November.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p256ba5129040c3022874ce426bb3126e/fa6e4ce3.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p3d74192dffbc86c54f8a0e82ea71eef9/fa6e4ca3.jpg

Thank you for reading.

~Kate

GoldenRetrLuver
02-14-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm so sorry Kate! :(
Prayers on the way for you and your grandmother. Your family will be in my prayers. *hugs* :(

Please keep us updated.

slick
02-14-2004, 11:04 PM
What can I say except that Pet Talk prayers really work.

God, I know you are listening and I want to thank you for your blessings. Please watch over Kater's GrandMom and make sure that she receives a full recovery.

Kater: My Grandmother lived to be 98 (5 months shorts of 99) and she had pneumonia and kicked it in the butt not once, but twice in her elderly life. I just know that your's can pull through.

Hugs to you.

Karen
02-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Your grandmother will be in our prayers, as will you.

wolf_Q
02-14-2004, 11:15 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that, Kate. I will keep your grandmother, you, and your family in my thoughts. {{{Hugs}}}

shais_mom
02-14-2004, 11:15 PM
prayerson on the way for Grandma Irene!! We gotta take care of those ladies!!!! (and men too!)

lovemyshiba
02-15-2004, 12:13 AM
I'll keep your grandmother in my prayers.
Please let us know how she is doing.

cloverfdx
02-15-2004, 12:22 AM
I will keep you, your Grandma and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Takecare *hugs*

popcornbird
02-15-2004, 12:45 AM
Oh Kater. I'll definitely be keeping your grandma in my prayers. *hugs*

Kater
02-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Thank you all so much for your prayers and support - it means so much!

Originally posted by slick
Kater: My Grandmother lived to be 98 (5 months shorts of 99) and she had pneumonia and kicked it in the butt not once, but twice in her elderly life. I just know that your's can pull through.

This is very comforting to hear. My Grandmother has the support of my very caring aunt and access to high quality medical care. I am praying that these factors will help her to have a speedy recovery.

Kiia
02-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Please keep us updated.

I'll be keeping her and your family in my thoughts. <hugs>

KYS
02-15-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.
You and yours will be in my prayers.

CountryWolf07
02-15-2004, 01:07 PM
You're in my thoughts! :) She'll be alright.. she can defeat this thing. My grandfather is 81, and he's healthy as a horse!

rg_girlca
02-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Your beautiful Grandmother, Irene, will be in my prayers that she has a full and complete recovery.

I hope this is some comfort to you. A dear friend of mine who just truned 81, just came out of the hospital from having pneumonia and he is doing fine now.

Miss Meow
02-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Sending lots of positive thoughts to your grandma {{{hugs}}}

ChrisH
02-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for your beautiful Grandmother Irene.
{{Hugs}}

NoahsMommy
02-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Lots of prayers coming your way for your grandmother.

Take care. :)

micki76
02-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Kate, I just saw this and I’m praying for your Grandmother Irene. Please keep us updated. She can definitely beat it! My dad was in and out of the hospital before he passed away (not from pneumonia) and he had it about 6 times in a 2 year period. He was 80.

Kater
02-19-2004, 06:55 PM
I have good news!

This is sort of confusing to me but it turns out that she only had the "precursor conditions for pneumonia." These were treated immediately to prevent the situation from getting worse. While both my Grandmother and Aunt were confused about the particulars, they were convinced in the end that Irene was given the correct treatment.

She, however, is not very happy. She still has a viral infection and is still coughing frequently and she is going through about two boxes of Kleenex per day. :(

I am so thankful that her condition is not as serious as pneumonia! {sigh of relief}

Thanks for your prayers and sorry for the false alarm!

slleipnir
02-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Glad to here its not as serious! I hope she feels a lot better really soon :)

tatsxxx11
02-19-2004, 07:51 PM
That's great news!!!!:) But not a false alarm, Kate! She still needs our prayers! And she has a few other things working on her side as well...a great will and reason to live, a supportive, loving family and excellent medical care!:) I will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers Kate. She can beat this! What beautiful photos...such a lovely, lovely lady:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Good news about your grandma. My great grandma is 94, and still doing fine. Good luck!

Tonya
02-19-2004, 08:00 PM
I'm happy to hear that they caught it in time. Get well soon!

lovemyshiba
02-19-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm happy to hear that your grandmother is feeling better!!!!

I'll keep her in my prayers still, until she feels 100% again!!

ChrisH
02-21-2004, 08:03 AM
I'm glad to hear your Grandmother illness isn't as serious as first thought. :)
I hope she begins feeling better real soon, and I will keep her in my prayers until she is fully well.

Albea
02-21-2004, 10:08 AM
I only just saw this post. I'm glad your lovely grandmother's problems are not as serious as you first thought. Still, I'm sending good thoughts and best wishes for a quick recovery.

Kater
02-22-2004, 06:00 PM
As of this past Friday, my Aunt informed us that Grandma Irene's head congestion is gone and that she has stopped sneezing. She is definitely feeling better as her complaints were almost nonexistent! :D

Also, next Friday is her birthday! I had her age wrong before....I thought she was turning 90 because of all the plans we've been making surrounding her 90th birthday NEXT YEAR! Oopsie! :o So on Friday, February 27th she will be 89 years old! I'm so glad she'll be healthy on her birthday so she can enjoy it! :)

Thanks so much for all your prayers!!! {{{HUGS}}}