PDA

View Full Version : Is your dog/cat neutered/spayed?

*LabLoverKEB*
02-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Is your dog or cat neutered or spayed?

Sadie is!:)

wolf_Q
02-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Yep, my 3 are all neutered..Sydney is spayed...Ladybird is spayed. I'll never have a pet that is not spayed/neutered (unless I was planning to show, which is not likely)

cocker_luva
02-14-2004, 10:29 PM
my Jesse is spayed.

GoldenRetrLuver
02-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Yep. Molly and Daisy are both spayed, and the cats are both spayed/netured.

Twisterdog
02-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Oh yes. All ten of them are spayed/neutered.

I will NEVER own a dog that is not altered.

CathyBogart
02-15-2004, 12:25 AM
Ooooh yes. Definitely.

The Cat Factory
02-15-2004, 12:28 AM
Both of the Cats and the Dog are neutered.

jenluckenbach
02-15-2004, 05:31 AM
YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES and YES

That should take care of the whole pack!!!

EssTer
02-15-2004, 06:02 AM
At the moment Buddy isn´t neutured, but we´re planning to do it very soon...

Pam
02-15-2004, 06:28 AM
Yes, Yes, Yes & Yes. :)

cloverfdx
02-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Clover = Yes
Penny= Yes
Theodore= Yes
Yumi= Yes
Elvis= No not yet i am going to book him in today, and hopefully he can be done in the next month.

cali
02-15-2004, 09:47 AM
happy-yes

shadow-yes

perky-yes

Ripley-yes

misty-no, if she does not pass all genetic testing etc.. when she is 2, she will be spayed, otherwise she is being bred

Blair-cant, he is under co-ownership, and part of the deal was that if blair turns our properly the breeder gets to show him, and so far he is amazingly enugh the only pup in the litter that IS turning out properly, particularly because he was the worst in the litter, he had a gay tail, his ears were so high everyone figgered they were going to stand up completly, and he was undershot. lol now he is carrying his tail correct, his ears are in a perfect tip and not budging, and his underbite is completly gone. the breeder is getting exited lol

Katy
02-15-2004, 12:00 PM
We have 1 girl that was spayed last week, one girl that we don't have proof of being spayed, but since she has the scar and no cycle we assume, and one that we got when i was to little to protest to her NOT being spayed, and now she's to old to have puppies anyhow... And my boy rats are neutered too, incase you wanted to know.

Amber
02-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Yup! my 2 are spayed

Cincy'sMom
02-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Yes, yes, and Yes

amoore
02-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Oh YES!

micki76
02-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Yes, Yes, and Yes. ;) Two spays and a neuter.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Very glad to hear that most of the pet talk dogs and cats are all spayed and neutered! I applaued all owners!:) ;)

amoore
02-15-2004, 09:10 PM
I am glad mine are. Just too much risk not too. And a real head ache also! :eek:

micki76
02-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by amoore
I am glad mine are. Just too much risk not too. And a real head ache also! :eek:

And gross, whether male or female! :eek: :o

amoore
02-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Micki, That is so true!

Karen
02-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Miss Hoppy is - bunnies live longer, healthier lives with less isk of cancer if they are spayed. Want my bunny as happy and healthy as long as possible, she's my honeybunny!

amoore
02-15-2004, 10:07 PM
I know what you mean Karen, I want my babies with me as long as possible! :)

Shelteez2
02-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Yes Emily is spayed, and yes Clipse is neutered. The cats are also spayed.

I would only have an unaltered dog if I was planning on showing it. Which I might when I get my whippet. I only want to show him until he has his championship and then neuter him though. I don't want to breed, I just want a dog with titles on both ends of the name :)

Desert Arabian
02-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Both male cats are neutered and both male rats are neutered.

lv4dogs
02-16-2004, 02:54 PM
for sure! any animal i ever have or ever will own is spayed/neutered (except for my cat but she is 4.5 months old) but i already got an appoinment for her for early april!

my rats are not spayed but i only keep females no males allowed lol

tikeyas_mom
02-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.........

The rats are still in tact though ;)

Rio and Me
02-16-2004, 03:22 PM
I'm very sorry to say i'm one of the guilty irispobsible owners with an intact female.
This is no excuse but I do NOT intend to breed, I will not keep her Intact, will Not allow any unneuterd male near her when in heat, I know the risks etc, and when i can afford to have her psayed i will with the best vet possible, she is due in session very soon (about a week) then when it is time i should have a pay check to pay for it.
No puppys from this dog
Ky and Rio

jazzcat
02-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Everyone is - 3 spays and 1 neuter. All my girls came from the shelters that way and I had Ripley neutered.

PJ's Mom
02-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Both dogs are, both cats are, and Thelmer bunny is too! :)

Christiansmommy
02-18-2004, 12:16 PM
We are most likely going to show Dale...so he has not been neutered yet. If we decide in the future that he isnt going to be shown (if he doesnt reach the standard weight of a full grown Swissie male), then he will get neutered.

After adoption, i had both cats neutered/spayed...

Logan
02-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Everyone that can be in this house, is!!!! Only those silly birdies aren't "fixed" and if they could be, they would be!!!! :)

Tina
02-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Dogs:
Ginger- yes
Josie- not yet, but do plan on it soon!

Cats:
Fuzzy Wuzzy- yes,spayed
Little Kitty- not yet but soon!
Ozzie- yes
Tigger- yes

bluekat
02-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Yes, Blueberry is neutered:)

G.P.girl
02-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Cadbury is!:D

wolfsoul
02-19-2004, 05:25 PM
All of mine are except the rats. I was going to neuter Frisco, but I didn't get enough money and now he's too old to even worry about a neuter. He's turning two at the end of this month, but he sure doesn't act like it! ;)

Kfamr
02-20-2004, 05:16 AM
Simba & Nala are both fixed. Both were fixed when we adopted them. Wouldn't have it any other way. :)

DJFyrewolf36
02-20-2004, 01:38 PM
My Doberman, Blue, wasn't fixed because we intended to breed him but it turns out he was too big for standard *according to the snooty breeders around here, I think he's just fine* and now *at 8 years old* he is too old to be fixed. I had my Twilight baby fixed when I got her...the previous owner never had the $$$ to do it...she was over a year old when I got her and didn't even have her first shots :eek: ! I don't think she even went to a vet at all. I forked out the cash, having a healthy dog meant a lot more to me than having the money to get more useless junk. I wish more people would think the same way. As for the other pets...fixing a bird or a fish is really hard and Im not even sure if you CAN fix a leopard gecko lol

wolfsoul
02-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
* and now *at 8 years old* he is too old to be fixed.
That's not too old at all --- I had my girl spayed at seven years, which is alot bigger surgery than a neuter. The rate of deaths in adult dogs has actually been more than the rate of death in senior dogs from anesthesia.

amoore
02-20-2004, 03:33 PM
As for the other pets...fixing a bird or a fish is really hard and Im not even sure if you CAN fix a leopard gecko lol [/B]

DJFyrewolf36, I don't know if that is done much.:eek: But it strikes me as funny!:D

My Peanuts
02-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Harley is neutered & Sylvia was spayed yesterday.

binka_nugget
02-21-2004, 01:14 AM
Yes, both neutered. Kai was neutered a little over a year old and Kaedyn was neutered at around 5 years of age.

I'd also only keep an intact animal if I planned on showing it but like shelteez2 said, I'd spay/neuter after the Ch. has been completed. No plans on breeding what so ever. I'd just like to try showing one day.

Toby's my baby
02-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Yep! :D Cassie and Mittens are spayed, Thumper and Austin are "gelded", C.P. is getting spayed SOON, and I dont know why Boo Boo isnt neutered yet :o but if we get another dog he will be neutered.

Shelteez2
02-21-2004, 08:35 PM
My Doberman, Blue, wasn't fixed because we intended to breed him but it turns out he was too big for standard *according to the snooty breeders around here, I think he's just fine* and now *at 8 years old* he is too old to be fixed.

Well I'm sorry but breeds have standards for a reason. If you didn't have a standard and breed for that standard you wouldn't have your breed.
I hope my point comes across, I know it didn't come out the way I want it to.

And I agree with Wolfsoul...8 is not too old. :)

amoore
02-21-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
Harley is neutered & Sylvia was spayed yesterday.

How is sylvia? Did she do ok?

Cincy'sMom
02-22-2004, 05:49 AM
I think he's just fine* and now *at 8 years old* he is too old to be fixed.

I know others have said this, but 8 is not too old. My friend had his beagle fixed at 8 or 9 when he started to develop prostrate cancer. Also, I think Anna's Rottie wasn't fixd until he was 10 or 11.

NoahsMommy
02-23-2004, 12:17 AM
All 8 have been spayed or neutered.

Eight years old isn't too late or too old to be neutered. Your vet would just recommend doing a pre-surgical profile to make sure he could handle the anesthesia.

thelwell2003
02-23-2004, 01:30 PM
My cat was neutered but my dog isnt.. it doesnt change who he is or anything.. if anything it makes him act more like him self and we've had no probs with him (if you know what i mean!! ;) )

Lixx
02-24-2004, 05:08 PM
All of mine are!! (well except the chins!:D )

Karen
02-24-2004, 05:20 PM
I think how old is "too old" would depend on the life span expected for the breed. According to one chart I found, a beagle's life expectancy is 13.3, but a Doberman's is 9.8. So it stands to reason that an 8-year-old Doberman is "older" than an 8-year-old beagle, don't you think?

*LabLoverKEB*
02-24-2004, 05:25 PM
I guess this turned into a pretty popular topic!:)

I am thrilled to hear that almost every pet on Pet Talk is spayed or neutered! *Applaud* to all owners! Thanks everyone. :)

amoore
02-24-2004, 05:39 PM
I have read some where the average life span varies from breed to breed. Large breeds don't usually live as long as smaller breeds.
naturally, I think their good care has a lot to do with how long they live too.

:)

Aspen and Misty
02-25-2004, 07:20 AM
Dogs (2) - Yes

Misty (cat)- Yes

Sada (Cat) - No, found as stray, is pegnet right now, will be spayed ASAP

Bunnies (2) - Yes

I don't know how they would nueter Peaches (chameleon), I'm sure some crazy vet who was looking for something to do would do it, but I wouldn't put my stressful girl through that.

And as long as my ratties are all girlies, I don't see a point in spaying them, exept for cancer resons of course, but no cancer yet! :D

Thats everyone!

Ash

*LabLoverKEB*
02-25-2004, 01:48 PM
:) :)

Felicia's Mom
02-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Felicia is spayed.

Beau is neutered.

K9soul
02-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Tasha and Tommy are both spayed/neutered. Tasha was when she got 5 months old, and Tommy was six months old when we got him and he was neutered the next day.

Dusk, Dawn and Twilight of course aren't altered since they are birdies. ;)

guster girl
02-26-2004, 03:14 AM
My Bengal, Lock, is almost 8 months old and we are getting him neutered next week. Finn, our labrador, is two months old, but, we will get him neutered also as soon as we can. :)

cloverfdx
11-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Just bumping this up again ;)...

Elvis was the only unaltered pet on my list, and he has now been neutered (Well about 4 months ago), so that is everyone now.

Desert Arabian
11-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Both cats are neutered, Peanut is spayed, and Buster is neutered. The 2 ratties are not spayed.

guineapiggie13
11-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Chelsea- yes
Sheba- and yes

guineapiglover4life
11-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Yep.

wolflady
11-08-2004, 11:25 AM
3 neuters and 1 spay here! :D I will never own an animal that isn't. There are just way too many people breeding their animals, that I don't want to contribute to the problem...even if I do get a belgian tervuren later on down the road! ;) :D It's definitely the healthy way to go (not to mention...less messy! :eek: LOL ) :p

QueenScoopalot
11-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Every single one of my personal sweethearts are spayed/neutered. I wouldn't think of NOT altering them. ;) The toughest one to spay was my tiny muliple handicapped Thumbelina (in my siggy below). She has a severe heart murmer, megaespohagus, and radial hypoplasia to top it all off! I had to bite the bullet so to speak when she developed pyometra one weekend. Luck was with me in that the head vet was on call that weekend, and he spayed my little girl. She had a terrible time breathing after surgery due to the tube down her throat, but she pulled through thankfully! The best part of it all was...I never got charged a nickel! Dr Dunn I think also has a soft spot for handicapped animals. :D :D :D

wolflady
11-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Every single one of my personal sweethearts are spayed/neutered. I wouldn't think of NOT altering them. ;) The toughest one to spay was my tiny muliple handicapped Thumbelina (in my siggy below). She has a severe heart murmer, megaespohagus, and radial hypoplasia to top it all off! I had to bite the bullet so to speak when she developed pyometra one weekend. Luck was with me in that the head vet was on call that weekend, and he spayed my little girl. She had a terrible time breathing after surgery due to the tube down her throat, but she pulled through thankfully! The best part of it all was...I never got charged a nickel! Dr Dunn I think also has a soft spot for handicapped animals. :D :D :D

Oh goodness!! I'm so glad this precious sweetheart made it through the surgery OK! That was nice of your Dr not to charge you. Orchids to Dr. Dunn for having a soft spot for handicapped animals;) :D
**hugs**

QueenScoopalot
11-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Katy
We have 1 girl that was spayed last week, one girl that we don't have proof of being spayed, but since she has the scar and no cycle we assume, and one that we got when i was to little to protest to her NOT being spayed, and now she's to old to have puppies anyhow... And my boy rats are neutered too, incase you wanted to know.
I'm not so sure she's too old to have puppies! A friend of my husband had a 19 year old cat, and the vet said she's "too old to be spayed, so don't bother"! :mad: Well sure enough the great, great grandmother apparently WASN'T too old to get pregnant, and she delivered one kitten. I find it quite remarkable the cat didn't die from uterine cancer, mammary tumors, or pyometra! :eek:

molucass
11-08-2004, 12:57 PM
All 3 female dogs are spayed, as well as all 3 female cats.

Bandit is not neutered yet.
We got him from his previous owner and he was not neutered. We plan to have that done soon.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-08-2004, 01:14 PM
All the cats are and Charlie, Bitsy and Buster are too. Nacey isn't yet but will be shortly.

cocker_luva
11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Jesse is definatly spayed! even though we love her and wouldnt mind having more dogs like her. there are others like her in the world already. :)

KYS
11-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Both Spayed and neutered and proud of it. :)

GraciesMommy
11-09-2004, 05:41 AM
Gracie will be spayed next month while I am off for Christmas vacationhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/pamelastrip.gif

lute
11-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Beanie is neuterd!!! wouldn't have it any other way!!!:D

Jods
11-09-2004, 04:48 PM
YEPPPPP except Pixie she's too young yet, but will be able to on the 21 her app is already booked for the 22 of Nov...

manda_moo87
11-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Yup. Squeekers and Misty are both spayed. :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Yes, Blaze is neutered!

animal_rescue
11-10-2004, 03:13 PM
CATS
Max-no, we plan on doing it soon, but he isn't really our cat just a stray we feed.
Collin-yes
Lily-yes
Jenny-yes
Poppy-yes
DOGS
Maggie-yes
Alex-yes
Marty-yes
Simon-yes
Hannah-yes
my horses, guinea pigs, and bird are not fixed.
I would get my guinea pigs fixed but we don't have the money to do it now, hopefully in the spring we can. As for the horses they aren't by any stallions(there isn't even any stallions on neighboring farms!) so I don't have to worry about my girls!:)
And I don't think you can fix birds.... although that would be interesting...

Jeremy_Se7en
11-10-2004, 03:25 PM
My three dogs:

Elmer, Muddy, and Scooter are all fixed..

My two cats Oreo and Boots are both fixed too!

My goldfish aren't... lol

my Iguana isn't either but he doesn't come in contact with any other Iguanas anyways

I had a hard time neutering my dogs because I couldn't afford it.. however I bought less food and watched the bills when I got my last one (Scooter) because it is pure torture to let an animal go unspayed/neutered..

I hope everyone knows that...

Giselle
11-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Both dogs are spayed. The birds are not fixed (he11, the bird has to be put under anesthesia just to determine its sex; you think we could fix them? LOL). Anyways, I breed the keets and am planning a blue recessive pied so they wouldn't be fixed anyways. Bailey is going to be bred with one of my breeder's hen.

BCBlondie
11-11-2004, 08:30 PM
All of my cats and dogs are altered.

Giselle
11-12-2004, 12:23 AM
OOPS. I just realized I put both dogs are spayed. I meant to say Both are spayed and neutered (I have one girl and one boy).

Miranda_Rae
11-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
I'd also only keep an intact animal if I planned on showing it but like shelteez2 said, I'd spay/neuter after the Ch. has been completed. No plans on breeding what so ever. I'd just like to try showing one day.

Heidi isn't spayed because I show her in Conformation. As soon as she becomes a Champion in Canada and the US she will be spayed. :) Showing is SOOO fun, I love it! :D

davidpizzica
11-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Both Nikki and Daisy are spayed.

sammy101
11-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Yes!Both Kodie and Bear are fixed

teenster3
11-26-2004, 12:44 AM
yes, yes.....neutered & spayed!

joanofark
11-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Duke is but HoBo is not yet.