PDA

View Full Version : See what “Animal Care Certified” really means?

Fox-Gal
02-14-2004, 08:53 PM
You ever notice when you buy eggs that sometimes it will says “Animal Care Certified” on the carton? Take a look at want they belive is “Animal Care" !! :mad:

I saw this on the news last night and wanted to share it. Some of you might know it already but for those that don't.

This investigation was in May 2003 but, according to the news it's
still going on today.

Click on some of the pictures and read the captions, it will really give you some insite to what is really happening to these poor guys. It made me sick! :mad:

I know a lot of people buy free roaming chicken eggs because of things like this, but from what I heard last night, that not much better when it comes to the care of the chicken. Free roaming chickens, they said, in most cases get no care at all.

egg scam (http://www.eggscam.com/photos.php)

G.P.girl
02-14-2004, 09:19 PM
OMG:mad: What about free range chickens? is that the same?

Kater
02-14-2004, 10:16 PM
There is no truth in advertising anymore. :(

Fox-Gal
02-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
OMG:mad: What about free range chickens? is that the same?

From what the news said, the free range chickens, get no medical attention, min. of space to roam, little feed and water and no proper shelter. Diseases are high with them because of this. I guess the people don't want to make a big effort to walk around to gather the eggs up, so even though they have "free roam" it's still not enough room for the amount of chickens they have.

I guess it just bugs me more sense we have and love chickens, I couldn't image my guys having to live like that. I just know how it is with ours, if they where had to live in a small area they will turn on each other and it can get pretty nasty. :eek: :eek:

wolfsoul
02-15-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm lucky that I get free-range eggs from my grandma. :) I don't even want to look at the site; I've seen enough on T.V. about chicken abuse.

luckies4me
02-18-2004, 02:32 PM
We only get our eggs from two sources, Lone Pine Farms and a friend who is local to us. After we move, I will be raising my own chickens so I can know the eggs I eat come from healthy individuals.