PDA

View Full Version : My dad and my cat

hippo
02-14-2004, 04:22 PM
My father LOTHES my beautiful cat, Khloey. I wish I could post a photo of her, but im afrid i dont know how. Anyway, he is so mean to her, he wont allow her to be in the same room as him, and whenever he comes upstairs and sees her cuddling with my mother and I he chases her to my room, and he used to be a ranch vet, I asked him if he was a vet why he hates animals, he says that they should atay outside. So, Im wooried that hell take her away, my moms fighting for me but it doesnt work, this cat had made him grumpy, and i love my father but ive wanted a cat scince i could speak... Maby i should get rid of her...:(
PLEASE HELP!

kimlovescats
02-14-2004, 06:51 PM
How very sad for you, and your poor kitty! :( Did you ask your Dad before getting your kitty? Did he agree? I would really hate for your kitty to be kicked outside, it's so dangerous outdoors for kitties!!! :( It also sounds like your kitty will just be fearful of your father, and that's no life for a kitty either .... maybe a new home where everyone in the house would love this kitty would be best? I'm really sorry about this, I hope you can find a good solution!

rg_girlca
02-14-2004, 08:01 PM
OH MY, how sad is this? VERY SAD. I have a few questions I would like to put to you. How old is your Khloey? Have you tried talking to your father about how this makes you feel when he is mean to your cat? Did Khloey do something to your father for him to be so mean to her? I can't get over this. This is unbelievable. If there is nothing that can be done and your father continues to be SO MEAN to her, then I would agree with Kim, in finding a new home for Khloey, where she will not live in fear and feel loved. If you love your Khloey Hippo, you will do what is best for her. I truly feel sorry for you and I hope the situation changes for the better. Please keep us updated on the situation.

hippo
02-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Thank you so very much for your replys, I would never kick my cat out on the streets, i would find someone who could give her the life she deserves. I love her to pieces and I dont think shes that sad, scince my father spends most of his time in the bacement these days, its been ok for her, the rest of my familly aboulutly adores her. Weve only had her 1 and a half years so ill wait a bit to start considering "putting her up for adoption". I found a cute quot though-
"I got rid of my husband, my cat was allergic"-unonumous

hippo
02-15-2004, 11:12 AM
u see,
i used to have a guni pig... He died, i loved him sooo much!
i love all animals, maby i sould get a rodent...:confused:
or *sob a giga pet...:(

rg_girlca
02-15-2004, 05:44 PM
I'm glad to hear that the rest of your family loves Khloey.
Regardless of your father being in the basement most of the time, him being mean to Khloey has got to STOP.

Please check my other post for the questions I had asked you that you haven't answered yet.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh in my response Hippo, but this is really bothering me.

Also, may I ask how old you are?

hippo
02-16-2004, 02:36 PM
i want to make it compleatly clear that he doesnt hurt her- but i agree it should stop...
somedays he doesnt mind, other days hes really stressed,
oh, and which posts???

rg_girlca
02-16-2004, 02:50 PM
I'm glad to hear that he doesn't hurt her, but it stresses your cat out when your father chases her out of the room. The cat doesn't understand what she has done wrong.

In my first post I asked you:
Have you spoken to your father about how it makes YOU feel, when he is mean to your cat?
Did Khloey do something to your father for him to be mean to her?

You said that other days he doesn't mind, other days he is really stressed. This does not give him the right to take his bad days out on Khloey. It isn't fair to her or to you.

hippo
02-16-2004, 07:38 PM
like i said (i think i said this)hes gitting a lot better, now he just doesnt care, he just sorta ignors her. not chasing her, you guys have helped me see that i need to really not just forget about it, so ive been communicating with him.
Hes getting better.
:)
But, it might take time for her to grow on him...

carole
02-16-2004, 08:27 PM
I wonder if maybe Dad is jealous of the attention his wife and daughter give the cat, men can be such big babies sometimes, is that a possibility?
I am very glad he does not hurt her in anyway, but cats are very sensitive creatures, she will indeed sense he does not like her.

Please don't give her up for adoption unless absolutely necessary, she has been with you for sometime and not all cats take kindly to being given away to a new home, especially if she is safe and loved and well taken care of by the rest of you.

Give it time, he may come around, sounds a bit like that, gosh it is hard to believe he was once a vet, and dislikes your cat, amazes me!!
Well good luck, just keep the cats well-being in mind, kitty has done nothing to deserve to be treated this way by anyone ok.

catmandu
02-17-2004, 11:27 AM
It sounds as though your Dad has some maturity issues as no real man would chase , and itimidate a Creature that is a lot smaller , than he is. And A vet , too! Sounds like he has some growing up , to do! Bully! Found Cats HIIIISSSSSS!

hippo
08-04-2004, 01:41 PM
after alot of thinking... we dicided that the best thing to do for khloey would be to give her to my aunt, who loves animals sooooo much, and we know will give her what she needs, i can visit her anytime i want, and i think this was the best thing to do:)

catcrazylady
08-04-2004, 02:30 PM
After reading all of this Hippo I think that is a very wise decision. I think you must really love Khloey to give her up since that's what is best for her. You are a very special person and your mom and DAD should be very proud of you. You are making a sacrifice because he is cranky and that's not fair of him but you are still doing a very good thing.
I'm glad you will be able to see Khloey since you love her so much.

carole
08-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Under the circumstances, I also agree you are doing the right thing, giving kitty to where she will know nothing but unconditional love, I sure hope you Dad realises what a sacrifice you are making and what maturity you have, because as far as I can see he sure lacks it, sorry to sound harsh, but it is unfair on you and the kitty, but I am glad you have come up with a good solution.

rg_girlca
08-04-2004, 05:16 PM
You are doing what is best for Khloey and I am very proud of you for that.
I'm really glad to hear that you will be able to see her anytime you want. That must make you feel real good.
Thank you for the update on the situation.:)

catmandu
08-05-2004, 09:22 AM
That is the ideal Solution,as no Cat,or Person deserves to be Bullied! As to your Dad,GROW UP<and BE A REAL MAN,NOT A Gutless Coward!Picking on A Little Cat! BAHHH!